Confirmed with Link: [VAN/AZ] 9th OA, 2022 2nd, 2023 7th, Roussel, Beagle, and Eriksson for OEL (12% ret) and Garland

cobra427

May 6, 2012
That was a 5 minute major until they looked at the video, but still called it an illegal check to the head which is ludicrous.
Garland saw him leaning in a little and took advantage of if it, but he turned his back and didn't leave his feet. It's a clean hit, no penalty even under todays rules. Zadina wouldn't have been leaning in like that if it were a bigger D man coming at him. He thought there was no chance Garland would check him and wasn't prepared for it.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
OEL and Garland (every game) routinely got under the other team's skin. Not sure if that was the cause but hopefully you guys have players that are ready to step up when the other team takes runs at those two because it will happen if it hasn't already.
The thing is, Both Garland and OEL aren't top dogs on the Canucks. Other teams have other players on the Canucks they have to worry about also.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
well that should be interesting. i don't know how i feel about a player like oel doing that. garland type players i am used to as a canuck fan and so far he is not that dirty. but a player of oel stature spearing a guy is pretty new to me, unless i count messier.
OEL doesn't fight, but he is tough. He hits and he gets hit.

Reactions: Grantham

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Garland saw him leaning in a little and took advantage of if it, but he turned his back and didn't leave his feet. It's a clean hit, no penalty even under todays rules. Zadina wouldn't have been leaning in like that if it were a bigger D man coming at him. He thought there was no chance Garland would check him and wasn't prepared for it.
I find it kind of funny that we are talking about two former Coyotes morethan we are about "the Coyotes".;)

Reactions: RemoAZ and MIGs Dog

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You can only talk about the 2022 draft so much.
Well, we do have the 2023 draft, and the 2024 draft. By that time we could be talking about a new GM, or a new coach. Isn't that how it works in Coyote land. ;)

Reactions: RemoAZ

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
More games played than most, but still, the fact that OEL leads all Dmen in shots tells me he's having fun.

upload_2021-10-22_8-17-50.png

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
starting to see this is true with oel. never noticed that part of oel's game as a yote. i perceived him as a boy scout.

canucks are pretty much all boyscouts so we are going to have to learn and adapt. horvat had to drop the gloves last night arising from garland. that is a very rare thing up to now.
both OEL and Garland are sneaky dirty players and not saying that to disparage either of them. Tampa finally won the cup once they got tougher and nastier.

Reactions: krutovsdonut

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Garland has 8 points in 6 games, OEL has played great and they look to be enjoying themselves. Fricking exciting hockey too. If you can watch a couple of games.

They are thanking every lucky star they can find that they're out of Arizona. As would I, if I could find a good job out of state.

Reactions: Jakey53

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I love Garland. But the trade is fine. It makes sense. If Shane Wright and Dylan Guenther are on our team next season, it’ll be a little easier to stop pining away for Garland.
We were going to perennially be stuck in the mushy middle if we didn’t focus on rebuilding and drafting and development. We are just starting on a very long and painful process but this beats the quick fix or just treading water that we had been trying under previous management.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Worst deal in nhl history.

Give up your heart and soul and some f… picks.

Most of the Cup winning teams of late have drafted super high end talent. Boston managed to do it without high picks, but for teams like TB, Chicago, Pitt, Caps, etc. Drafting well at the top has paid dividends.

Garland and OEL were not going to take us to the promised land without adding top notch talent. The draft is the best way to do it.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Most of the Cup winning teams of late have drafted super high end talent. Boston managed to do it without high picks, but for teams like TB, Chicago, Pitt, Caps, etc. Drafting well at the top has paid dividends.

Garland and OEL were not going to take us to the promised land without adding top notch talent. The draft is the best way to do it.
The draft is the best way for sure, but sure in hell does not guarantee you a SC. Garland was young, a core member of the team, and let us not forget one hell of a player, and also drafted by the Coyotes. These are the type of player you build around not trade for a draft pick. Anyway, what done is done, and I'm just happy that Garland and OEL landed in Vancouver and can enjoy success.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Garland is playing great, as is OEL, because they are being used correctly. Garland is not a first line forward. He is a second line forward and in that role goes against defense that is a notch down. OEL is not the top defenseman on Vancouver. He can be protected against the best forwards of the league.

Reactions: hbk and Prarievarg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad