Confirmed with Link: [VAN/AZ] 9th OA, 2022 2nd, 2023 7th, Roussel, Beagle, and Eriksson for OEL (12% ret) and Garland

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Ladd and Erikson is 8 mill just for those two useless players. You add in Beagle and Roussel it gets even worse. RT made it so OEL wanted out. Also, will this hurt Chychrun and Keller mindset this year or next? All these two know is losing with the Coyotes, and they might want a change as well.
It doesn't seem like he cares about anyone currently on the roster. It's been all about draft pics so far. I hope he drafts and developes as well as he thinks he will. Mean time, we don't have a team worth watching.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
OEL was our best defensive D, and still a top pairing D last year and he was stuck with a 5/6D as his partner. Chych had the better partner in goose. I am sure the years of losing took its toll mentally too. OEL has a way better partner now on a much better team, clearly looks like a 1D again.

It's quite interesting that OEL is now Vancouver's #1 PK defenseman.. not a role I would have put him in but they clearly rate him there. Having the option of OEL or Q.Hughes makes them a better team, it's much like when Chychrun was given the freedom of the ice last year. Unfortunately he's really struggling without OEL or Goligoski around. I wasnt a fan of Goligoski at all, but I've likely got that wrong and underestimated his contribution. Havent watched Minnesota but it looks like he's slotted into a top 4 role there.

Reactions: Jakey53

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
With our goal tending you could have McDavid on this team and we still would drop in the standings. As far as predicting where we end up drafting if we traded Garland and OEL vs not trading them is plain pie in the sky thinking.

you don’t think keeping OEL and Garland on this team means we win more games? OEL is a number 1 dman! Garland is a star player!

BA has tanked harder than i’ve ever seen. Possibly harder than Tim Murray. It’s impressive on some level. Lots of pressure on the scouts now. We will have to see if it was worth it. I know i hate missing out on watching Garland night after night.

Reactions: Mosby and RemoAZ

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
you don’t think keeping OEL and Garland on this team means we win more games? OEL is a number 1 dman! Garland is a star player!

BA has tanked harder than i’ve ever seen. Possibly harder than Tim Murray. It’s impressive on some level. Lots of pressure on the scouts now. We will have to see if it was worth it. I know i hate missing out on watching Garland night after night.
That would definitely mean more wins, as would better goal tending.

Reactions: Jakey53

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Absolutely. I can’t debate the goaltending. I actually fear we may actually win some games with Hutton out for a prolonged period.
LOL, don't fear the victory, we're still bad enough to finish about as low as a team can go.

Reactions: hbk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad