Confirmed with Link: [VAN/AZ] 9th OA, 2022 2nd, 2023 7th, Roussel, Beagle, and Eriksson for OEL (12% ret) and Garland

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

What's so funny? RT is 100% correct. I have said for two years the OEL should get out of this shit hole, and it will be worse for the next two years, and maybe longer. Garland and OEL are in a great city, and the team should be very good. I'm happy for both. Two of my favorite players.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
So if Canucks don’t make playoffs its OEL’s fault. :)
Can you imagine being a player for the Coyote's knowing you have NO chance of winning, hearing all this instability of ownership for years. I know they are professionals, but they are also human. It's gut wrenching.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Can you imagine being a player for the Coyote's knowing you have NO chance of winning, hearing all this instability of ownership for years. I know they are professionals, but they are also human. It's gut wrenching.
Yeah. Its been like this for 20 years now. Our greatest success when things were at their darkest. We’ve been picked for dead last for years. Lets not act like this is new for us. It’s not.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah. Its been like this for 20 years now. Our greatest success when things were at their darkest. We’ve been picked for dead last for years. Lets not act like this is new for us. It’s not.
The circumstances are totally different. This is the FIRST time we have had stable ownership, FIRST time we had scouts like every other team. There is no acting, just stating facts.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
The humor is derived from the irony. Tocchet is the primary reason why OEL wanted out of here, and he also was the guy benching Garland for long stretches. Now Sportsnet is touting him as the expert guru.

Was thinking the same thing...hearing "Garlands a game breaker" from a guy who had him stapled to the fourth line so long even when he was doing well is kinda hilarious.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
This is blatant and thus new.
This is the biggest tank job in the last 20 years, the first real tank for the Coyotes. At least in prior years I thought we had a chance at the playoffs. This year the chance is zero, any fan knows that, the players know it too. Player careers are short, how is any player going to have decent stats? If I were Chych/Schmaltz/keller, I would want out, there next contract will depend on how they all do the next few years. Who wants to accept they are going to lose the next 3 years for sure? That sucks for these players. for the younger guys it is an opportunity to get TOI and prove themselves that they are NHL players, so the added TOI could be a big benefit to them. Stats will suffer, as will their next pay day for everyone else.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The humor is derived from the irony. Tocchet is the primary reason why OEL wanted out of here, and he also was the guy benching Garland for long stretches. Now Sportsnet is touting him as the expert guru.
We don't know that, only speculating. You are right about Garland.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We don't know that, only speculating. You are right about Garland.
There has been a ton of confirmation that OEL and Tocchet had a strained relationship. A lot was made about how poorly things started out. It was then reported this had improved. But since the rumors have been swirling and finally the trade completely, Morgan has confirmed many times that the relationship was bad between OEL and Tocchet.

Reactions: Gwyddbwyll

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
There has been a ton of confirmation that OEL and Tocchet had a strained relationship. A lot was made about how poorly things started out. It was then reported this had improved. But since the rumors have been swirling and finally the trade completely, Morgan has confirmed many times that the relationship was bad between OEL and Tocchet.
Again, all speculation. Morgan doesn't know damn thing. The way RT talked, OEL asked for his advice on a trade. I thought like you that OEL did not get along with RT, but maybe that is completely false. Unless I hear something that comes out of OEL's mouth it's only speculation.

Reactions: RemoAZ

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Again, all speculation. Morgan doesn't know damn thing. The way RT talked, OEL asked for his advice on a trade. I thought like you that OEL did not get along with RT, but maybe that is completely false. Unless I hear something that comes out of OEL's mouth it's only speculation.
You’re ridiculous.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The circumstances are totally different. This is the FIRST time we have had stable ownership, FIRST time we had scouts like every other team. There is no acting, just stating facts.
Yes. This time we are trying to finish last intentionally. Im on board. I just don’t think being a losing franchise is a foreign concept for us.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Speaking of player numbers... They sucked under RT for the most part so could they really get that much worse? Maybe.

BUT ... The team pretty much has a built in excuse anyways with the tank go explain away that issue. Example, AT has almost no pressure this year...if the team struggles it's expected. If they even just play well and still lose people will think he's doing pretty well. If they win... Well he's a Jack Adams candidate maybe even.

The expectations provide context for the results.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You’re ridiculous.
I always though same as you that OEL and RT did not get along, but if things were so bad why would OEL ask RT his thoughts about a trade. You would think he would be the last person OEL would ask. I would believe RT way more than second hand news Morgan.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yes. This time we are trying to finish last intentionally. Im on board. I just don’t think being a losing franchise is a foreign concept for us.
I didn't say it was foreign, rather under different circumstances. I'm never on board of trying to finish last intentionally, or tanking, or whatever you want to call it. I know if I was a player like Chychrun who has talent and will have leverage would want to get the hell out knowing your FO wants to tank for at least one year. It will take years before we are respectable.

Reactions: cobra427

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It’s like he thinks of something else to say mid sentence and bails on what he’s saying before even finishing his previous sentence. And the constant shuttering.
I really liked RT as a player, but not as coach. I hope he lands on his feet and can be a successful coach somewhere.

Reactions: Kai Yo T and RemoAZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad