Confirmed with Link: [VAN/ARI] Garland,OEL(12% retained) for 9th OA,2nd in 22,7th in 23,Beagle,Roussel,Eriksson (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
All good points Mr Kron and I agree. Point is, this is the hand we’ve been dealt, may as well make the best of it. I agree some ass backwards moves have been made,,but such is life, we can’t control it. I want to see a fast exciting team make the post season. Low goals and expectations I know.

Sure, but it's also important to acknowledge this for what it is instead of pretending like they've arrived here by making prudent decisions over the past 3/4 decade or however ancient I am now.

Like, I personally do not care one shit if the Canucks never win the cup. Maybe a third of a shit, but it really doesn't mean much to me in my day to day. I want to see players skate fast and run into people and score cool goals. I also will acknowledge when management makes a bunch of how-did-you-get-to-work-with-your-shoes-on-your-hands-again? moves, and that doesn't take away from the other thing.

Last edited:

Vaughan Cunningham

Sep 15, 2021
Sure, but it's also important to acknowledge this for what it is instead of pretending like they've arrived here by making prudent decisions over the past 3/4 decade or however ancient I am now.

Like, I personally do not care one shit if the Canucks never win the cup. Maybe a third of a shit, but it really doesn't mean much to me in my day to day. I want to see players skate fast and run into people and score cool goals. I also will acknowledge when management makes a bunch of how-did-you-get-to-work-with-your-shoes-on-your-hands-again? moves, and that doesn't take away from the other thing.

I am no fan of management. This is the hand we have been dealt. They’ve done more than enough to be fired out of a Sherman Tank already. To me if they piss the bed this year they has to be it, right? I hope they do well, but if they don’t, Elmer should take the long walk off the short plank. That said I can’t cheer against my team just because I think the GM is out to lunch. I cheer for the sweater. Pretty soon we will see what’s what when the season starts.

Reactions: Nomobo

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
One little clip and you post this. Why not fly to Vancouver, watch the entire practice and then comment. Right now you post is just plain dumb.

because that’s dumb and unrealistic

He has a clip available and in that clip, OEL’s performance was embarrassing.

not sure why ur trying to lambaste a guy for a pretty fair assessment

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
because that’s dumb and unrealistic

He has a clip available and in that clip, OEL’s performance was embarrassing.

not sure why ur trying to lambaste a guy for a pretty fair assessment
What specifically is embarrassing about the fact he tired in the last ten seconds of the second of two bag skates lasting several minutes after which people who were there explicitly mentioned that he’d skated well in general and that the shared clip wasn’t indicative of his performance?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
What specifically is embarrassing about the fact he tired in the last ten seconds of the second of two bag skates lasting several minutes after which people who were there explicitly mentioned that he’d skated well in general and that the shared clip wasn’t indicative of his performance?

third bag skate i think.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Arizona had the "He just needs a change of scenery" sale tactic at their disposal
and they played it to perfection. I'll give them credit all day for that.

Too bad you can only play that card ONCE
Vancouver won't have that luxury if this backfires.
Vancouver scenery is definitely conductive to player development for sure.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
You'd hope that the prospect whisperer could make a bit more hay with those 2nd rounders than wherever they ended up. Especially with the bare cupboards and so on. Even ignoring that, the value of the 2nd rounder at the time of the trade wasn't tied to which player ended up being picked and whatever happened to them however many years later.

And, yeah, Garrison for Vey sounds just as bad since they should have traded Garrison for a 2nd instead.
Imagine if Vey worked out here. Does that ripple in time mean the trades for Pearson and Toffoli never occur? Do both still occur? Do they all end up as a line in the nhl near a decade after being one on another team’s ahl affiliate?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Imagine if Vey worked out here. Does that ripple in time mean the trades for Pearson and Toffoli never occur? Do both still occur? Do they all end up as a line in the nhl near a decade after being one on another team’s ahl affiliate?

oi vey

Vaughan Cunningham

Sep 15, 2021
Then don’t you want a management team making moves and building towards that instead of hoping we make the playoffs?
At the end of the day Tiger, this is the management we have. I will judge it year by year like I always do. Elmer is on thin ice… like John Candy walking over a fresh freeze in Windsor.

Reactions: krutovsdonut

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
In the early going of training camp, Podkolzin has found a home on the wing with J.T. Miller and Garland as his line-mates. I hope Green leaves that trio together through an exhibition game or two.

It has the makeup of an interesting line. Miller is a race-horse in the middle and Garland-Podkolzin bring physicality and finesse along the wall. So far, so good.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
If we get what we saw from OEL last night, Benning may actually redeem himself on this trade a bit. Both Garland and OEL looked very good

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Isn’t it nice to see how the players actually play before freaking out?

Garland, OEL and Chy are the best 3 players on the Yotes.
When’s the last time a team took 2 of the best players from another team and added them?

So much unnecessary complaining happened.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I think OEL is gonna be great for us. My initial hate for the trade was more due to losing a 9OA which infuriates me because i spend so much time analyzing the draft and know that a 9OA could be a cornerstone for 10-15yrs. Not to mention the value of a ELC on a core piece.

That and i don't think he would have been worth 8 plus million and i wasn't that familiar with Garland as a NHLer. In regards to Garland he was benched the last game in the bubble playoffs and played 5 min the game before. He still has to prove he can play a big role in heavier hockey.

OEL at 7.5 and with the fact that the combo of Eriksson Roussela nd Beagle amount to another 12 million off that contract is solid. I'm just not sure where this 4/5 narrative is coming from. The last time he got to actually compete with the Yotes 13 months ago he was their best player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad