Speculation: Value of Tobias Enstrom

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Off-season value is clearly better. Too much cap considerations during the season eliminates potential trade partners.

I don't think there's much of a chance enstrom is getting moved.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
When it would be better to move him? When he isn't replaced by Clitsome, Stuart, Pardy or Ellerby on the left side...

Basically, if we move him, we need another LHD, we should wait until Morrissey shows potential to take his place, and he should be moved for a top 4 young LHD and a young top 6 forward.

And they both have to be Swedish, because we're gonna get a German in the draft for GermanJetsFan, so it's not fair if we don't have a Swede to make me happy!

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I think he'd bring a return along the lines of what sully suggested.

Just can't see him moved for so many reasons: NMC, lack of depth on left side, really no or minimal negative impacts this year (other than not scoring "enough" what's he done to hurt the team?). Good mentor down the road for Morrissey, young enough to slide to #2 LHD when Morrissey surpasses him.

Maybe you move him in the last year of his deal, but not likely before then if at all.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Essentially ya.

Buff is a good player, but is expendable* because we have Bogosian and Trouba.

Enstrom is a good player, but is not expendable in the same way because we have Clitsome, Ellerby, Melchiori, Chairot (not going to include UFAs)... eww

*expendable as in I expect short term net loss but hope potential long term net gain with asset maximization

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Essentially ya.

Buff is a good player, but is expendable* because we have Bogosian and Trouba.

Enstrom is a good player, but is not expendable in the same way because we have Clitsome, Ellerby, Melchiori, Chairot (not going to include UFAs)... eww

*expendable as in I expect short term net loss but hope potential long term net gain with asset maximization

Dude, you forgot Cody Sol...

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
I wouldn't trade him.

He seems to stabilize any D partner he plays with. I feel the safest when he is on the ice.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I love doing this... let's compare pro-level d-men depth for handedness that rights are owned or signed past this year...

RHD:
Byfuglien
Bogosian
Trouba (only putting below Bogosian due to experience)
Postma
Redmond
Kichton

LHD:
Enstrom
Clitsome
Ellerby
Kulda
Melchiori
Chiarot
Sol

"One of these things is not like the others"

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
It's another straw on the mules back...

Plus Chevy once said: The only players unmovable are those that contracts dictate that I cannot move them.

So if Chevy had a deal with pittsburgh or chicago or boston or any other contender
he wouldn't go?

Yes there are limitations when it comes to clauses like that.
But to think he cant be moved is a bit much IMO

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
So if Chevy had a deal with pittsburgh or chicago or boston or any other contender
he wouldn't go?

Yes there are limitations when it comes to clauses like that.
But to think he cant be moved is a bit much IMO

There's always a chance but probabilistically it's unlikely enough looking at the evidence that it isn't worth much discussion.

We could re-open chances Jets trade for Toews because he is a Winnipeger or maybe we luck out and get Malkin for peanuts?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
why do NMC/NTC keep getting brought up?

That doesn't make a player unmoveable.

Yep: in the end, it just gives the player control over their contract situation and in any discussion of trades to various teams - they can always be asked to waive them.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Enstrom is one of the core I wold keep. He has proven he can stay healthy and has ben a rock of strength this year. It's horrifying to think of what the left side would look like without him.

Plus, guys that can skate like he can tend to age well.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
I love doing this... let's compare pro-level d-men depth for handedness that rights are owned or signed past this year...

RHD:
Byfuglien
Bogosian
Trouba (only putting below Bogosian due to experience)
Postma
Redmond
Kichton

LHD:
Enstrom
Clitsome
Ellerby
Kulda
Melchiori
Chiarot
Sol

"One of these things is not like the others"

wow... I know you don't have a soft spot for Stuart, but he doesn't even make the list!

jetkarma*

Enstrom is one of the core I wold keep. He has proven he can stay healthy and has ben a rock of strength this year. It's horrifying to think of what the left side would look like without him.

Plus, guys that can skate like he can tend to age well.

He has proven he can stay healthy?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4