Prospect Info: Valtteri Puustinen (7th round, #203 overall, 2019)

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Also when talking Euros - don't forget to factor in some simply can't overcome the homesickness. They're not robots. I'd love to hear a players/coachs' survey on how many non-NA players go back because they're not good enough and how many because they just can't hack living in North America.
I actually lived just outside of STH for almost a year. This was a ways back, but I think living here in the U.S. is far superior. lol

Of course I'm an american so I obviously think it's better I guess. Wasn't a big fan of living there. Nice place to visit, but didn't care for almost no night in the summer or very little day come the winter. Pretty stoic group of people from what I observed and experienced. Not bad necessarily but not exactly the friendliest bunch either. They also have weird looking bees and strange, weird and peculiar black and white birds over there. I played Tennis at 11:30 pm or as they would say 23:30 and we didn't need lights. lol

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I actually lived just outside of STH for almost a year. This was a ways back, but I think living here in the U.S. is far superior. lol

Of course I'm an american so I obviously think it's better I guess. Wasn't a big fan of living there. Nice place to visit, but didn't care for almost no night in the summer or very little day come the winter. Pretty stoic group of people from what I observed and experienced. Not bad necessarily but not exactly the friendliest bunch either. They also have weird looking bees and strange, weird and peculiar black and white birds over there. I played Tennis at 11:30 pm or as they would say 23:30 and we didn't need lights. lol

STH?
Stolkholm?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm not sure how much weight I put into our AHL numbers right now, I was really hopeful of the coaching change but really, all of our prospects are producing like ass, while others are doing somewhat decent.

Like Bellerive at this point, looks barely like an ECHL caliber producer.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I'm not sure how much weight I put into our AHL numbers right now, I was really hopeful of the coaching change but really, all of our prospects are producing like ass, while others are doing somewhat decent.

I can only hope that it is because the big pens keep messing with the baby pens roster.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I can only hope that it is because the big pens keep messing with the baby pens roster.
I don't get some of the call-ups either, I know a lot are under the impression that JR solely does it, but like Di Pauli over Miletic? I do like Di Pauli and want to see what he can do on the big club but I would have thought him or AJ would be call ups first.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I don't get some of the call-ups either, I know a lot are under the impression that JR solely does it, but like Di Pauli over Miletic? I do like Di Pauli and want to see what he can do on the big club but I would have thought him or AJ would be call ups first.

I would rotate call ups much more often, too. Like, come on up, play as many games as we need you to cover/a week or so, then send em back, and try another player. Right?

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I would rotate call ups much more often, too. Like, come on up, play as many games as we need you to cover/a week or so, then send em back, and try another player. Right?
I mean why not, I would have given Di Pauli a game vs the Canucks, then call up guys like Johnson and Miletic as well, all 3 bring something that intrigues me in our bottom 6, better off trying stuff when there are a huge rash of injuries.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Jordy has held his own actually. Admits hes frustrated by not being in more of a scoring role but willing to do whatever it takes. He was averaging 5 shots a game in juniors. He has 1 shot oer game this year. Being on the 4th line and having to play a defensive role. He has that in him tho so it will only help him going forward. Just wait til he gets his opportunity to shoot more. We can be patient with him. Its fine.

But others? Yeah Militec, Johnson, and Angello should all see time in the NHL over keeping Blandisi/Di Pauli up. Keep rotating if they have to but we need one to click and add that burst to the offense that Lafferty did at first.

This lineup is running out of steam and using line 1 too much. Last thing we need is for them to play 25+ mins a game and end up getting worn down ...injured. Which makes me come back to the fact AG\Laff only getting 5 mpg a horrible strategy. Thats also not showing confidence in Lafferty. Idk if this is a short term thing(maybe they do want our top line playing this much and seeing what they can do, or what our overall team D can do with this lack of depth scoring...along with how our goalies respond due to it. Who knows)

Militec/AJ/Angello should see time tho. Since they arent considered are higher end prospects and will be passed up by others eventually. Let them get their chance now.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

DPaul is the best of the three of them, but he literally gets hurt every couple months.

He was actually healthy for once when they needed a call up so it make sense.

AJ is weak and Miletic is just an all around vanilla guy. DPaul is a buzzsaw with speed and skill that would give this team a tremendous boost if he could ever find a witch doctor to remove his curse.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Can I Poo Poo line.

Poulin-McCann-Puustinen

McPoutine

mcdonalds-poutine.jpg

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I wish the US had McDonald’s poutine, haha. I love gravy and cheese over fries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad