Prospect Info: Valtteri Puustinen (7th round, #203 overall, 2019)

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Great goal. Excited for Puustinen.

As a long-time fan of Finnish hockey- the gold helmet is so stupid.

Why not just put a target on the player's jersey?

Just doink

Mar 28, 2018
Great goal. Excited for Puustinen.

As a long-time fan of Finnish hockey- the gold helmet is so stupid.

Why not just put a target on the player's jersey?

That is stupid, and lots of players have said the same thing. So easy to target the best player.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
That is stupid, and lots of players have said the same thing. So easy to target the best player.

It doesn't matter. You don't think teams know when a teams best player is on the ice.

That goal was filthy. Definitely much better prospect then a typical 7th round pick. I love how the Pens choose one overated each drsft. Worked for Simon.

Just doink

Mar 28, 2018
It doesn't matter. You don't think teams know when a teams best player is on the ice.

That goal was filthy. Definitely much better prospect then a typical 7th round pick. I love how the Pens choose one overated each drsft. Worked for Simon.

Of course they do know, but in the ice everything happens so fast, so when you see a blink of a golden helmet near you, it will keep you extra-on alert. Players have been saying that they get checked also lot more due to helmet.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It does seem kinda silly. I’d expect that in an inline league maybe.

It seems to infer that the leading scorer is your best player but that’s often not the case. And who wears it for the first game of the year? What if a teammate gets 3 points in the 1st and takes the lead, do they switch helmets on the bench?

Last edited:
Reactions: tom_servo

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Pens fans aren't talking much about Vatteri i see, he is having a good season so far. (or maybe he is been talked somewhere else)
13 goals, 12 assists, 25 points in just 29 games. - leads his team in goals, pp goals (4), +/- (+5) and in shot attempts (113), second in points.

Reactions: Giskard

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
We really don't focus too much on prospects during the season. Hope he keeps it up and can translate it to NA in the next year or so!

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The gold helmet is a good thing, right? Doesn’t it mean that he’s their leading scorer or something?

Have we learned nothing from dearly departed Jannneeeë Personen?

The gold helmet is a Finnish tradition signifying the end of reindeer milking season, as well as a solemn promise to score at least 40 goals on Sid’s wing.

I’m sorry this board doesn’t respect Finland enough.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Have we learned nothing from dearly departed Jannneeeë Personen?

The gold helmet is a Finnish tradition signifying the end of reindeer milking season, as well as a solemn promise to score at least 40 goals on Sid’s wing.

I’m sorry this board doesn’t respect Finland enough.

Why would you respect a country full of drunken mute knife-fondling sauna addicts?

Wait. I answered my own question didn't I?

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Pens fans aren't talking much about Vatteri i see, he is having a good season so far. (or maybe he is been talked somewhere else)
13 goals, 12 assists, 25 points in just 29 games. - leads his team in goals, pp goals (4), +/- (+5) and in shot attempts (113), second in points.
there has been some talk ni the proispects thread when he had a hot start. not much talk about him aletely tho.

i saw that he scored a goal in an international game too. nice that he gets rewarded by geting invited to the EHT (or whatever tha name is nowdays for the frindlys)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad