Prospect Info: Valtteri Puustinen (7th round, #203 overall, 2019)

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Sounds like a mini Rust like player. Allvin says he's a late bloomer.

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
In general I’d try to avoid drafting players in their 2nd or 3rd draft because since they are older that means they are closer to a finished product and have more limited upside than a 17/18 year old but we’ve gotten some value out of Simon, and 7th founders have almost no chance of playing any meaningful role in the NHL anyway so it’s not a huge deal here.

Wonder if we’re doing what Detroit did with their Swedish scout whose name escapes me where we just let Allvin pick whoever he wants with our last round picks.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
In general I’d try to avoid drafting players in their 2nd or 3rd draft because since they are older that means they are closer to a finished product and have more limited upside than a 17/18 year old but we’ve gotten some value out of Simon, and 7th founders have almost no chance of playing any meaningful role in the NHL anyway so it’s not a huge deal here.

Wonder if we’re doing what Detroit did with their Swedish scout whose name escapes me where we just let Allvin pick whoever he wants with our last round picks.

Håkan Andersson. Hopefully he has a good productive season for HPK and then can bring him over to WBS for the 20-21 season.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
This is an outrage! Damned JR. How could he pick this scrub over Ivan Nasivanich is incredible.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Lol good point. Our defense is laughable and we decided nahhh we good?

Please retire Rutherford

You say that as if we don't have prospects in the system already and these would be able to play straight away...

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Apparently the Euro scouts were "pounding the table" for these last teo picks.

It obvious they believe they got overlooked guys. We will see how true that is.

Reactions: Jacob

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
You say that as if we don't have prospects in the system already and these would be able to play straight away...
Yea, we have warm bodies in the AHL. Trotman was sadly one of our best dmen from WBS last year, and he sucks.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Yea, we have warm bodies in the AHL. Trotman was sadly one of our best dmen from WBS last year, and he sucks.

The draft isn’t the sole means of acquiring talent for the minors...with a fairly clear path forward we become a destination spot for udfas and unsigned guys... then there are trades.....

also pedigree doesn’t always equal potential... often when a franchise has playing time open for no names instead of holding to faltering or backlogged prospects, guys actually surprise you... its always best to judge talent levels in season, not post draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad