Prospect Info: Valtteri Puustinen (7th round, #203 overall, 2019)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Guest bump.

He has improved so much from last season.
How he plays, skates + his production is on a different level.

19 goals (7 PP), 35 points already this season, in 41 games
Is +8 with about 200 shots.

He is the only + marker forward in his team this season.
AVG ice time : 18:12

Edit ; his team HPK has a -29 GD
(althou, they have won plenty of games of late)

Last edited:

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Guest bump.

He has improved so much from last season.
How he plays, skates + his production is on a different level.

19 goals (7 PP), 35 points already this season, in 41 games
Is +8 with about 200 shots.

He is the only + marker forward in his team this season.
AVG ice time : 18:12

Edit ; his team HPK has a -29 GD
(althou, they have won plenty of games of late)

Appreciate the info. Would you be able to comment at all on his playing style? Or a comparable player?

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Nice to see him signed and what he can do with the Pens. Lots of good later rd picks/FAs coming from Finland recently. Hpw does he compare to Ruotsalainen?

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Didn’t he basically have 2 points in his only game last season? Lol. This coach is too much.
played 1 game and had an helper. God forbid they would give both Puus and Nylander a shot here to rejuvenate the lineup and hope to spark something. It's just f***ing sad, watch both leave via UFA. Every team gives young players like that a shot to perform, except here, like if we want them to fail...

Last edited:

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
The problem with Puustinen and Nylander is there is no spot for them in the line up if Sully keeps using his 3rd/4th lines as defensive lines. First Sully needs to change his deployments then you can insert these guys. I'm all for it, don't get me wrong, but I don't see it happening.

Reactions: Giskard and Andy99

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
The problem with Puustinen and Nylander is there is no spot for them in the line up if Sully keeps using his 3rd/4th lines as defensive lines. First Sully needs to change his deployments then you can insert these guys. I'm all for it, don't get me wrong, but I don't see it happening.
Because he is not smart enough to insert either one of them in the top 6 instead and bringing down someone else to have 3 scoring lines. Jacques Martin was more offensively creative as a defensive minded coach!!

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
Because he is not smart enough to insert either one of them in the top 6 instead and bringing down someone else to have 3 scoring lines. Jacques Martin was more offensively creative as a defensive minded coach!!
I don't get it either and it is the most frustrating part of following this team. Why does Sully not change anything in his system? The deployment is BS, the defensive coverage is BS, the lines are BS, the PP is BS, so on and on. No creativity at all.

It almost looks like he does this on purpose...

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I don't get it either and it is the most frustrating part of following this team. Why does Sully not change anything in his system? The deployment is BS, the defensive coverage is BS, the lines are BS, the PP is BS, so on and on. No creativity at all.

It almost looks like he does this on purpose...
I don't think he does it on purpose, I just don't think he is good and can't adapt in a game to make any changes. He is more of an assistant coach then a head coach.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
He's an idiot at this point.

It's not that difficult. Move Rust or Zucker down to L3 and you have two players who can play a decent defense, if that's what he wants, and put Puustinen or Nylander with Malkin to see what they have.

But no, if you're a call-up, you better be great defensively because you're playing in the bottom six with heavy defensive deployment and nothing else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad