Friedman: Vadim Shipachyov given permission to seek a trade

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
VGK ****ed it up. I have a hard time believing that they have 12 forwards better than Shipachyov.

Agreed.

Through 3 games stat wise he looks fine, and that is with between 10 and 11 minutes TOI per game. Love the face off % as well. I really think whoever scoops him up, as long as the price isn't too high is going to be pretty happy.

SeasonTeamGPGAP+/-PIMPPGPPPSHGSHPGWGOTGSS%FO%
2017-2018VGK310132000010333.357.14
Career-310132000010333.357.1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Arizona could sure use him. Would not want to give up much for him though.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Only if you believe that the only way to construct a hockey team is the way it was done in Sega's NHL '94.

Right. Why can't you have 4 scoring lines? Pens have showed this the past two years...winning with 4 scoring lines.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Goal scoring winger vs playmaking center with defensive responsibilities. Dadonov mostly can play the same game he already was playing, he fast and create offense - as well as the already mentioned fact he's played here before.

Or they could just move him to the wing seeing as he's in over his head at this point, you know.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Again, it's pretty clear Ship is NHL talent, is he an NHL center is another question. Not only the game is more difficult for the centers in general he doesn't speak English so it's hard to even explain to him what do you (as a coach) want.

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
Apparently he has been suspended by VGK for not attending an AHL game.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Only if you believe that the only way to construct a hockey team is the way it was done in Sega's NHL '94.

That is a good point, NHL team's idea of top 6/bottom 6 is evolving.

Still, Shipachyov's game is such that he needs to play with finishers.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Apparently he has been suspended by VGK for not attending an AHL game.
Source?

Dude is making millions and won't even go to the AHL. I get it. It would suck, but come on. I would literally pump septic fields through a straw every day 8 hours a day for 4.5 million a year. This guy won't even play hockey in the AHL for that.

If have to think if this is true this is the last we see of ship. He will terminate his contract and bolt back to Russia.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Source?

Dude is making millions and won't even go to the AHL. I get it. It would suck, but come on. I would literally pump septic fields through a straw every day 8 hours a day for 4.5 million a year. This guy won't even play hockey in the AHL for that.

If have to think if this is true this is the last we see of ship. He will terminate his contract and bolt back to Russia.

You wouldn't do that if you had already spent the past decade earning millions doing something you loved.... 4.5 million changes your life drastically, not Shipachyov's.

Reactions: Morrison

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Source?

I saw the same thing online

https://www.knightsonice.com/2017/1...spend-vadim-shipachyov-waive-griffin-reinhart

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I'm trying to get this straight, so please correct me if I'm wrong on these points:

1. As long as he's under contract with Vegas, he cannot go back to the KHL because of some mutual agreement where the NHL and KHL contracts do not conflict with one another. His rights are owned by Vegas, so he can't go back to SKA or whatever.

2. If his contract is terminated by Vegas, he is a FA and can go wherever and sign where he wants.

3. If Vegas decides to suspend him (like they have), it becomes a Drouin in TB situation and McPhee doesn't have to do anything but wait for the offers to come in (if any) and decide what he wants to do with Ship.

Am I missing anything here?

(Perhaps that McPhee is the worst GM in the league in making personnel decisions and not owning up to his mistakes...??)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad