Raptors Discussion: v95|Masai's back! The panic and dread can now end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Now that it's been a couple days, I an going to trust Masai on this pick. One of the many areas they deserve trust on is the draft.

Reactions: ronzigato

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
This looks like a very weak FA class for centers. Jarrett Allen is a good target, but he is an RFA. I wouldnt be totally against a rebounding guy like Drummond. But we typically go after C's who can stretch the floor.

If we lose Lowry it will hurt, but maybe a vet like Patty Mills with Malachi also getting a fair amount of minutes?

Nerlans Noel has been attached to the Raptors a few times this offseason

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Hope we can snag Allen and Lonzo even if it means losing Boucher and Trent. Have roughly 41M if all the non guarantees are waived. If you can get Lonzo and Allen at 35M, you have MLE and cap space available still.

Yuta, Freddie would be easy to get back. Grab a VET with the MLE(or Boucher?)
Take a cap dump for the 6M or so in cap space

Lonzo
Fred
OG
Siakam
Allen

Barnes
Flynn
Yuta
Freddie
Boucher

Bench is pretty weak scoring wise but it would probably be weak anyways this year

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Hope we can snag Allen and Lonzo even if it means losing Boucher and Trent. Have roughly 41M if all the non guarantees are waived. If you can get Lonzo and Allen at 35M, you have MLE and cap space available still.

Yuta, Freddie would be easy to get back. Grab a VET with the MLE(or Boucher?)
Take a cap dump for the 6M or so in cap space

Lonzo
Fred
OG
Siakam
Allen

Barnes
Flynn
Yuta
Freddie
Boucher

Bench is pretty weak scoring wise but it would probably be weak anyways this year
Isn’t Trent’s caphold dirt cheap?

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Isn’t Trent’s caphold dirt cheap?
Yeah think 3M so you could technically keep him and you'll end up going into the luxury tax most likely. Really depends, if Lonzo and Allen want more than 38M, you have to renounce Trent.

Raptors have a lot if flexibility to go out and get 2 guys for 41M, retain Freddie, Yuta and Trent. But unless Boucher signs for the MLE(I think that's 9M, hes making 7M rn and might get more in FA) hes gone.

Btw Scottie Barnes is a freak apparently hes actually 6 ft 8 with a wingspan of almost 7 ft 5, Giannis wingspan is 7 ft 4. Maybe I'm just tripping but Barnes looks so much shorter than Giannis, either Barnes is like 6 ft6(unlikely) or Giannis is like 7 ft/7 ft 1

Last edited:

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Now that it's been a couple days, I an going to trust Masai on this pick. One of the many areas they deserve trust on is the draft.
Same here.
This guy screams point forward, at the 3-4, sounds humble but driven. He sounds like a coaches wet dream.
Sounds like a great trajectory.

leafsleafs

Jul 12, 2006
Here
Love if the Raps made a play for Allen and the Cavs didn’t match.

His hair alone blocks ten shots a year!

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Barnes had one of the longest wingspans, largest hands, highest verts, and quickest shuttle runs at the combine. He was one of four freshmen in the last 15 seasons to post a 10/4/4 in the ACC (Cole Anthony, RJ Barrett, Dennis Smith Jr). The kid is 6’9 (with shoes) and he considers himself a pg. How often do you see that? Then add in all the glowing reviews of his personality and how he’s Magic levels of unselfish, but has the mentality to want to work on his finishing ability. He just sounds like that guy you want to have on your team.
He definitely checks a lot of boxes. The more I hear about him the more excited I am for the pick. I think he’s going to become a game changer for us.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Hmm when is free agency? What are the chances Kyle signs somewhere on day 1 of free agency?

Really good. Both New Orleans and Dallas have been clearing space for a run at him.

Gonna be in the neighbourhood of 3 years, 90-100 Million

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Ok please help me. If they want to play together and miami wants them. What stops them from just signing for a lot less than people think there worth? Just so they can help miami build a good team.

I realize its complicated but what if they sign for $10M and whatever cap they have left get more great players.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Those tweets are talking as if Lowry is already a Heat.

The Dragic option being picked up does make me think they are confident they can work something out. No other reason to do that.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
NBA intel: Lauri Markkanen, Nerlens Noel, Lou Williams and Kelly Olynyk free agency updates | HoopsHype

The Toronto Raptors, New York Knicks, Detroit Pistons, and Sacramento Kings are all expected to pursue Nerlens Noel in free agency, league sources told HoopsHype.

Toronto has several centers on their free agency radar, including Jarrett Allen, Richaun Holmes, and Noel. Aron Baynes’ $7.35 million salary is non-guaranteed for next season, as noted on our Raptors salary page, and Khem Birch is also an unrestricted free agent.

Noel helped anchor a Knicks defense that ranked 13th in opponent rim field goal percentage last season (63.2 percent) to the best in the league this year (60.5 percent). The Knicks also had a 25-16 record when Noel started and 16-15 when he did not. New York exercised its $1.8 million team option on Mitchell Robinson. Given how the tandem of Robinson and Noel worked effectively last season, there’s interest in re-signing Noel from New York.

Should Nerlens join the Pistons, he’d be reunited with former Sixers teammate Jerami Grant, one of his close friends. Following the trade of Mason Plumlee to the Hornets, the Pistons will look to the market for a replacement.

Sacramento’s interest in Noel will be affected by what happens with their own free-agent center, Richaun Holmes, as previously noted on the HoopsHype podcast.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Getting only Allen and GT wouldnt be terrible although getting a scoring guard/ball handler in a S&T for Lowry would be ideal.

Flynn / Barnes
FVV / Trent
OG / Yuta
Siakam / Freddie
Allen / Boucher

I dont think you can play Trent with FVV because you need that offense off the bench. Barnes you could start or let him ball handle off the bench and play Flynn in an off ball role at PG

Reactions: VancouverJagger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad