Raptors Discussion: v93 | Panic level rising significantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Thought the women did well. A different vibe and energy than Jack and Matt, but different doesn't mean bad. Kia is really impressive. TV is *hard*, and that's she's this solid when not doing it full time is something else. There are colour commentators who take years to get that good and comfortable in front of the camera, working with a PBP partner, and knowing how to talk in bytes, but do so intelligently. Really glad they got the opportunity, and hope they do again. Need more diversity in broadcasting and networks need to force the issue or it won't happen - or will take forever.

Reactions: heatersthebest

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Thought the women did well. A different vibe and energy than Jack and Matt, but different doesn't mean bad. Kia is really impressive. TV is *hard*, and that's she's this solid when not doing it full time is something else. There are colour commentators who take years to get that good and comfortable in front of the camera, working with a PBP partner, and knowing how to talk in bytes, but do so intelligently. Really glad they got the opportunity, and hope they do again. Need more diversity in broadcasting and networks need to force the issue or it won't happen - or will take forever.

they really shouldn’t force something that doesn’t sound good. That’s not “equality”

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
A few points about yesterdays game:

1. Ladies did a stand up job in their first game. Applause to them.
2. I did miss Jack though
3. If it was Lowry's last game as a Raptor I am glad he went out with a win
4. Sad that he didnt get the send off he deserved, with COVID and not playing in Toronto
5. I lost my Props ticket on Proline. Jokic had 11 rebounds at end of 3rd. Took the over on 10.5. By end of game they brought it down to 10. Pile of horse crap.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
they really shouldn’t force something that doesn’t sound good. That’s not “equality”

Agreed. I never understood the concept. It only creates more divide. Kia Nurse was very good, the play by play was horrible. The in studio analysis was good, can’t recall the name. It was better than listening to Jack and Leo complain about the refs all game, or constantly making excuses for the Raptors. If you drank every time one of those guys mention the Raptors on the back half of a back to back game you would die of alcohol poisoning halfway through the 1st quarter

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
PBP and colour are obviously subjective, and I won't get into a back and forth too much, only to say women, and those from other marginalized communities, deserve the same opportunities and chances to learn the ropes and develop their skills on air as white men do. Lots of polished commentators today in sports today were awkward, and poor on the mic when they first began, but were given the chance and room to improve in pretty big profiles. Others deserve the same chance.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Agreed. I never understood the concept. It only creates more divide. Kia Nurse was very good, the play by play was horrible. The in studio analysis was good, can’t recall the name. It was better than listening to Jack and Leo complain about the refs all game, or constantly making excuses for the Raptors. If you drank every time one of those guys mention the Raptors on the back half of a back to back game you would die of alcohol poisoning halfway through the 1st quarter

Ex-Qbh-Yl-WUAgu-Ar-V.jpg

Get to know the women who will be leading the Raptors’ historic TV broadcast - Article - BARDOWN

Amy Audibert

Amy Audibert is an analyst for the Raptors 905, covering their run through the G League playoffs this year. She also works in the same role for the WNBA’s Atlanta Dream. She’ll be joining Beirness as a studio host.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

There's a big subset of people who think Jack Armstrong is terrible. My fiance, for one, cannot stand him. We watch a ton of games together, and his "schtick" got old with her after game 1. What "sounds good" is subjective.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Reactions: hockeywiz542

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
So McGee has been dealt to Denver for a player and 2 second round picks.

Makes you wonder if he is worth that, what Lowry can be dealt for!!!! Should be a good haul.

Looks like the Lakers have entered the sweepstakes along with Heat and 76ers

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Any Lowry/Powell rumblings this morning?
Nothing on Powell I’ve heard, for Lowry I’ve heard two things

1. Heat are trying to give up Duncan Robinson in a Lowry deal, Raptors are trying to get Tyler Herro.

2. Raptors want Maxey, Thybulle and 2 firsts from the Sixers. Personally guessing this is more a first offer than an actual line in the sand.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It looks like there will be bidding wars for Lowry and Powell today if Masai and Webster are willing to pull the trigger.

Looks promising.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Really sad if Kyle goes. It's similar to watching Sundin leave, these guys were the franchise for so many years and carried the team.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
It looks like there will be bidding wars for Lowry and Powell today if Masai and Webster are willing to pull the trigger.

Looks promising.
I don't think Masai has any issues hanging onto Kyle, so teams better pay up or we will keep him.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Why would we though? This team is a dumpster fire and next year won’t look any better with him another year older.

It's also worth mentioning that we have a 6-1 record this season without Kyle in the lineup. FVV is ready to take the reins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad