Raptors Discussion: v89| Those are some big rings | Raptors out to defend their championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Also it’s going to be interesting to see how Clippers fans will react to Kawhi sitting out 20 games this season. They don’t have the depth to win 80% of those games like the Raps did. They lost one tonight badly.

Reactions: Kurtz

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Also it’s going to be interesting to see how Clippers fans will react to Kawhi sitting out 20 games this season. They don’t have the depth to win 80% of those games like the Raps did. They lost one tonight badly.

I doubt they'll care if they make the playoffs and when Paul George can play.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Man, I love Lowry more and more every day, and I don't think he gets the respect he deserves around the league. He's just good at everything; from scoring, passing, defending, his energy/leadership abilities.

I means seriously, are there any point guards in the league you'd rather have on this team than Lowry? Curry probably, but who else? Lillard, maybe? Russ is too inconsistent at shooting. Kyrie is the biggest clown in the league. There's really no one else. I really hope Lowry ends up retiring as a Raptor.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Man, I love Lowry more and more every day, and I don't think he gets the respect he deserves around the league. He's just good at everything; from scoring, passing, defending, his energy/leadership abilities.

I means seriously, are there any point guards in the league you'd rather have on this team than Lowry? Curry probably, but who else? Lillard, maybe? Russ is too inconsistent at shooting. Kyrie is the biggest clown in the league. There's really no one else. I really hope Lowry ends up retiring as a Raptor.

I agree with this so much. He is a really great player. He may not be as talented as Lillard or Kyrie or Russ or Steph but he plays the game with such determination and passion. It would be very tough to see him playing for somebody else. He is probably the first Raptor who actually deserves his # be hanging from the rafters one day.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
I agree with this so much. He is a really great player. He may not be as talented as Lillard or Kyrie or Russ or Steph but he plays the game with such determination and passion. It would be very tough to see him playing for somebody else. He is probably the first Raptor who actually deserves his # be hanging from the rafters one day.

We've had some great players in the past, but they've not stuck with the organization like Lowry has. He has GOT to be the first to have his number retired and up in the rafters.

Two other good things about the start of this season:

As Lowry gets older, FVV keeps improving. We're in great shape if that's the succession plan; and

Speaking of getting older and great passing, I'm loving Gasol's game right now. Pretty rare to see a big who can see the floor so well and make such crisp passes, even if his shooting can be a bit of an adventure....

Reactions: The Apologist

ER89

Jul 25, 2018

Id rather doncic, curry, lillard but that's about it.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Agree completely. I don't believe I've been this proud of a Toronto pro athlete since Gilmour, and he was only here for a short time. To name someone as awesome as Lowry who was in the city for as long as him I think I have to go all the way back to Borje Salming.

Lowry's so awesome, really hope it can be worked out so that he finishes his career in Toronto!

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Id rather doncic, curry, lillard but that's about it.
Oh yeah, I like Doncic too. Still wouldn't take him over Lowry this season, but probably as soon as next season I would. He's going to be unreal, and he looks like he's got a pretty good head on his shoulders too, although I don't see too many interviews with him.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Agree completely. I don't believe I've been this proud of a Toronto pro athlete since Gilmour, and he was only here for a short time. To name someone as awesome as Lowry who was in the city for as long as him I think I have to go all the way back to Borje Salming.

Lowry's so awesome, really hope it can be worked out so that he finishes his career in Toronto!
Yeah, definitely. At this point, if I were Masai, even if we were out of the playoffs, I wouldn't trade Lowry unless he wanted it. I know its not for the best of the franchise, but honestly, at some point you have to show SOME loyalty to your players who have given it all for you. Especially one who wins a championship for you.

Edit: I suppose Webster is the GM, but I have no idea if he can actually make decisions without Masai haha.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yeah, definitely. At this point, if I were Masai, even if we were out of the playoffs, I wouldn't trade Lowry unless he wanted it. I know its not for the best of the franchise, but honestly, at some point you have to show SOME loyalty to your players who have given it all for you. Especially one who wins a championship for you.

Edit: I suppose Webster is the GM, but I have no idea if he can actually make decisions without Masai haha.

I agree. Also, I suppose this will out me as a not very knowledgeable fan but ... Webster? Never heard of the dude. :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Madap

leafsleafs

Jul 12, 2006
Here
Kyle Lowry could play on my team, anytime.

Just leads by example.

Fits that profile of what we love, undersized, maybe not the most athletically gifted, but when he gets that glint in his eyes, the heart of a lion.

I’d put him up there with Dave Keon.

That is pretty good.

Reactions: Madap

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
I agree. Also, I suppose this will out me as a not very knowledgeable fan but ... Webster? Never heard of the dude. :laugh::laugh:
Haha don’t worry, you won’t be alone. Our GM is actually Bobby Webster, and Masai Ujiri is the president I think. He’s very hands on though and everything goes through him. I think he says Webster has a lot of input but I highly doubt that

Reactions: Gary Nylund

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The President and GM thing is just title inflation. Masai is basically the guy who does the stuff we think of as being the responsibility of the GM. Webster is essentially an Assistant GM in all but title. This is almost entirely because offering guys bigger, flashier titles looks better and are more attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad