Raptors Discussion: v89| Those are some big rings | Raptors out to defend their championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Who are we talking about? The only dlo I know is d'angelo Russell, but he's headed to golden state.

Unless d-lo brown has a secret second career as a basketball player.

You better recognize. :sarcasm:
D’Angelo Russell. What you think it would take to get him?

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
And got Brogdon in return. I really love watching Turner though so might be hyping them up.

Turner was super annoying in fantasy last season. Was expecting a breakout from him but Sabonis was stealing all his rebounds and he was really only helping out in the blocks cat. Offensively he's still raw, I'd like to see him get more touches in the post and have a bigger impact with his back to the basket.

Reactions: ER89

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Portland is like Toronto west, so if they're capable of keeping him (Lillard's gonna be at like 40-50m by that time) then I see no reason why he'd leave.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Turner was super annoying in fantasy last season. Was expecting a breakout from him but Sabonis was stealing all his rebounds and he was really only helping out in the blocks cat. Offensively he's still raw, I'd like to see him get more touches in the post and have a bigger impact with his back to the basket.

Was sneakily tremendous in daily fantasy.

Considering C.J McCollum's public praise for playing in Toronto, I wonder if he's a target come 2021.

Meh. I have little interest in a soon to be 30 year old, 6"3 shooting guard on what I assume is a big ticket.

More than it is intelligent to spend on him.

It should give pause to all that the team that got him for very little, and reaped the rewards of his breakout at a low cost, then made little attempt to retain him.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I have faith in Masai to make this team great for the FA 21 class. I hope we have assets and cap ready to go and maybe even a little PO run this season. Masai is brilliant! Best Manager in the NBA

Reactions: ronzigato

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
disgusting how the nba turns a blind eye to tampering to keep its stars happy

I think it was on Overdrive where a basketball guy said that the NBAs tv deal which is a billions of dollars contract said that they want/need big market teams to be successful so that's why they could care less.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

I think it's irrelevant to even go down that avenue of thinking because Golden State just picked him up from Brooklyn in trade ostensibly to fill the void left by Durant (mildly ironically given that Russell's departure was motivated by the need to clear cap space to bring in Durant and Irving) and however long Klay Thompson is out.

Reactions: yvrtojfk

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
I think it was on Overdrive where a basketball guy said that the NBAs tv deal which is a billions of dollars contract said that they want/need big market teams to be successful so that's why they could care less.
I would hate to see that in the NHL (unless it’s the Leafs).

MLB is similar in that regard though.

NBA is great entertainment and sometimes the good guy wins

:win:

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
UJIRI should have his espn 30 segment where he exposes Silver/NBA pushing these players of tampering. He knws something was up.

Kawhi/PG/Uncle Dennis meeting was fake news, or legit?! What to you think?

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
How is he only 35, he stopped playing 3 years ago. I thought he was much older. Theoretical he could still play at the age.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I would hate to see that in the NHL (unless it’s the Leafs).

MLB is similar in that regard though.

NBA is great entertainment and sometimes the good guy wins

:win:

It's impossible in the NHL. You got to pay 12 forwards 6 defencemen and 2 goalies and then you got 1 or 2 healthy scratches. So you got to fit roughly 22 players on your NHL roster under a strict cap while the NBA is only about 11-12 players under a weird not so strict cap. I'm not sure how the MLB cap system is so I won't comment on that but they got to field a team of about 15 or so maybe. I might be wrong but I don't follow baseball that closely. NBA is only really entertaining in the playoffs and it's usually after the 1st round is over and when the leagues best players start to matchup against each other.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The Clippers got played. After all that, they get only 2 guaranteed years from Kawhi and George.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
The Clippers got played. After all that, they get only 2 guaranteed years from Kawhi and George.

It's just the way NBA contracts are with it's superstars who know they're gonna get paid. Short term deals cause then the cap goes up and they can make more money.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
It puts the cost of our championship in perspective. We got a hell of a deal. Clippers sacrificed years of futures to try to do what we did. Masai is the man.
It really does make you appreciate what Masai was able to do here.

I also am very much excited for this post Leonard Raptors team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad