Raptors Discussion: v89| Those are some big rings | Raptors out to defend their championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
lmaoooooo

let em sleep on us. siakam is gonna be an absolute monster and im willing to bet my left nut we'll be top 3 in the east before the trade deadline.

Siakam will also be the focus of defenders. i do get that we did well with Kawhi out of the line-up, however this will be an entire season test and it will show our true colors.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Yes thats why I wanted to go

Yeah, everyone wants to go, that's why its so expensive.

b34726555861bf61e92dd85889cd2889bed75d7956c5eb0578e58eaee7a8ff1e.jpg

Reactions: The Big D

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Classic white Dino jerseys coming back. I guess maybe those court design leaks weren't fake after all.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Then why not give one to anyone worthy? Former players and staff that contributed this year or last etc

They do.

I would love to see DeMar get a ring too. But I just don't see it happening. Not to mention I don't see DD accepting it even if it was offered because that would be a huge hurt to his pride. I don't blame him on that either.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
In my opinion Jonas shouldn't even get one, otherwise we begin to start devaluing the ring. Qualifications to get a ring should be that you had to have played on the team during the playoff run. How is Jonas Valanciunas a champion? In the NHL its unheard of to give a ring to a player who was on the team regular season but traded away before the playoff run.

Kawhi6God

Jun 14, 2019
In my opinion Jonas shouldn't even get one, otherwise we begin to start devaluing the ring. Qualifications to get a ring should be that you had to have played on the team during the playoff run. How is Jonas Valanciunas a champion? In the NHL its unheard of to give a ring to a player who was on the team regular season but traded away before the playoff run.

The only argument I'd make for guys like JV, CJ, Delon (moreso JV though) is they contributed to our regular season record which helped us get home court advantage throughout the playoffs - which was a big factor in our post season run. You could say well he didn't play in the playoffs but he played as much as Eric Moreland/JLin etc and they are getting rings.

It would be very insulting to offer Demar lol

Reactions: donghabs98

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I kinda get offering rings to the guys traded away mid season. They were part of the year of the Championship. But DeMar? **** off. He was traded in order to set up for the title shot. The only way he gets a ring is if you engrave it "thanks for not being here anymore" on the inside. and on the outside it tracks his Raptors career from 2009-2018 opposite the part where it says 2019 NBA Champions.

If you're giving one to DeMar, you might as well give one to Zan ****ing Tabak.

Reactions: yvrtojfk and YYZed

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Miles, Wright, JJ and Monroe should all get rings. They helped the Raptors this past season and it shouldn't even be a debate.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
obviously demar isnt going to get one lol

All the guys who were on the team last year should get one if they want one.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

They should give the ring to every Raptor fan in the world. It wouldn't devalue the championship one iota.

Forgotusername

May 17, 2016

But it's normal for them in baseball to give rings to players who only played during the regular season and not the playoffs.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Any players who played a minute for the Raptors last season should get a ring. Demar should not, I know he is the piece that got us Kawhi but he didn’t play a minute for the Raptors.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I thought about it and they won the championship, they can give a ring to whoever they want. It's a good "problem" to have, arguing who should receive championship rings :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad