Raptors Discussion: v89| Those are some big rings | Raptors out to defend their championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
What would you do if around trade deadline the team is somewhere in the top 4 in the East? Do you let the FA contracts expire and have them take a run at it? Is Masai content with letting the contracts just expire and take his chances in the playoffs?

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
fair comment...but the flip side is this...do you think we as fans should care if he tears his achilles? we shouldn't cheer? (I wasn't one who cheered I literally went "Oh Fck" when I saw him go down)
the idea we should respect them but they don't have to respect us is laughable...I hope he comes back full strength because damn I couldn't imagine messing up my Achilles...but even healthy I hope Brooklyn gets demolished in the East consistently as that was a low class shot to take
Durant is a bitch

Dude talks so much shit and expects respect for taking the easy way out whenever the opportunity arises.

Hope he rots in Brooklyn, couldn’t care less about him or his career.

*I did not cheer for his injury, but I thought it was stupid he was back on the court

Reactions: JayfromNB1219

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Durant is a *****

Dude talks so much **** and expects respect for taking the easy way out whenever the opportunity arises.

Hope he rots in Brooklyn, couldn’t care less about him or his career.

*I did not cheer for his injury, but I thought it was stupid he was back on the court

We definitely agree there...then for him to come out and kiss GS's a$$ about the usage was icing on the cake for me...if you're dumb enough to play in a game that could potentially end your career then I have very little sympathy...it's not like GS was in a similar situation to the Raptors (first finals appearance, best shot to win it in franchise history)...screws up his Achilles, most likely a good portion of the fans at that game aren't avid Raps fans. They were there for the experience and as such wouldn't be nearly as familiar with Kevin Durant and his injury problems. so similarly to NHL fans cheering when someone gets absolutely rocked and is slow to get up, fans see literally the guy who is torching the Raps offensively go down and the ball go the other way so they start making noise.
He stays down, the noise continues (it's an NBA finals game and the guy isn't choking on his tongue or had his throat slit, most of them probably figured he turned his ankle somehow)
he continues to stay down and the arena quiets down a bit (then Klow and all of them start hushing everyone because...it's Durant)
and then the bandwagon Raps bashing people pile on fully realizing that when FFV ate that elbow and was bleeding earlier in the series Oakland went absolutely nuts as opposed to being expected to be quiet and respectful.

The hypocrisy surrounding that event is what truly threw me for a loop...much less to have Raps players expecting the fans to be quietly deferential to KD even though the "fans" in Oakland were some of the biggest j@ck@$$es in those finals...
it got tiring extremely quickly and on more than one occasion I had to bite my tongue to keep from using some extremely foul language about those hypocrites that cheered FFV eating an elbow and bleeding but expected "respect" for KD

Reactions: Blueboy

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
OG and Siakam will be keys to this upcoming season. If Siakam can continue to do what he has, and OG takes a step forward as Siakam did last season. The Raps will be in good shape battling for top 3 in conference.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Plus, we know if Siakam does what everyone knows he can, and OG establishes himself as a starter, then Masai will do whatever he needs to in order to surround them.

I don’t see Gasol or Lowry back past this year, so next summer would be very interesting if Siakam and OG take the next step.

(I can see Lowry back actually, I just don’t know if Masai will give Lowry the contract he wants at his age. Not like Lowry has had a healthy career and that will get worse as he ages)

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Teams going to be great, still entertaining but likely just won't repeat. I think the Raps are set to shock.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
I’ll be watching a clippers game when I go to LA. Contemplating wearing my nice guy shirt while down there.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I thought during the whole season he would step down if Kawhi chose to leave in free agency. He decided to stick around. Respect. Shows how much he is committed to the franchise and how much he likes it here. He could have easily left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00