Raptors Discussion: v89| Those are some big rings | Raptors out to defend their championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
I saw the quote had something do with the only way to go being down in Toronto.

Isn't the only way to go down for anyone coming off a championship?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He chose to stay in a place he and his family love and where he's loved. Some mistake.

Well appreciated and compensated as well. US media, hahaha.

We are NBA USA World Champs, haha. It's as great as when we won the Olympics in 2010 and they changed from golds count to overall medal count.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The other stupid hitch in Smith/Simmons' logic is that they think that he should go somewhere else because there's nowhere to go but down here. Meanwhile landing in another market would mean building a team up from whatever broken state it is already in. So how is that better? With the Raptors he gets the challenge of making sure this team remains a contender even after everyone has written them off. That's gotta be just as difficult and just as rewarding as trying to cut all the dead weight off the Wizards and make them stop imploding. And the latter doesn't come with the benefit of already being the god-king of a country's worth of NBA fans.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Will he even get any minutes if he signs with the Champ, aka Raptors?

I'm confused about what that has to do with him signing with the Lakers. He was never coming to the Raptors and he wouldn't really fit even if there actually were rumors (partially because of positional depth and partially because he sucks now)

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I'm confused about what that has to do with him signing with the Lakers. He was never coming to the Raptors and he wouldn't really fit even if there actually were rumors (partially because of positional depth and partially because he sucks now)

More like a comment saying how far he has dropped off.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
:laugh:

Kobe: "there's no beef between me and Shaq. it's a media invention."

Also Kobe, on camera: "Shaq could've had 12 rings if he worked hard like me."

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
The Raptors are the 19th rated team in 2K20.

Behind the Knicks and just barely ahead of the Cavaliers

lmaoooooo

let em sleep on us. siakam is gonna be an absolute monster and im willing to bet my left nut we'll be top 3 in the east before the trade deadline.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I really wanted to go to the home opener so I looked at tickets and the cheapest ticket was almost 400 dollars, the same seat for a mid season game was 70$. Wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad