Raptors Discussion: v89| Those are some big rings | Raptors out to defend their championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I am sure they didn't mind so much. Toronto only pulls $28 per fan a year in revenue and I wouldn't be surprised to be up to $35 next season. That's a win for the NBA or any league, growing markets is key.

NBA Team Values 2019: Knicks On Top At $4 Billion

A good way to see which teams the NBA cares about and need to be good are the ones that play Christmas Day. We've been the top team in the East for the past 4-5 seasons and haven't had 1 Christmas game. Our only Christmas game came back in 01 and we couldn't even get one with Kawhi Leonard on our team. Knicks are the worst team in the league for a decade it's seems and they play every year pretty much. Even the media wasn't shy about not wanting the Raptors to ever make a deep run again because they always whine about customs.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
NBA and the TV networks win. TV networks wanted the big markets like LA to have superteams because it's what's best for them. It's sad because this past season was quite enjoyable to watch with so much talent spread around but in the end whoever is giving the NBA the most money will get what they want. A Canadian team being the best is not best for business except over here in Canada.

The NBA and TV Networks also win because of the TMZ nature of the off court stuff. That's the kind of world we live in today.

TrueTT

Dec 12, 2018
Guelph, ON
So excited for the NBA season- can't wait for this to start up again.

While a Clippers fan, I'm interested to see what the Raptors look like if Siakam takes that next step in his development. Lowry-Anunoby-Johnson-Siakam-Gasol with Ibaka and FVV off the bench is a deep enough team to win a playoff round I think......unless the opponent is Milwaukee/Philly.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
So excited for the NBA season- can't wait for this to start up again.

While a Clippers fan, I'm interested to see what the Raptors look like if Siakam takes that next step in his development. Lowry-Anunoby-Johnson-Siakam-Gasol with Ibaka and FVV off the bench is a deep enough team to win a playoff round I think......unless the opponent is Milwaukee/Philly.

PG - Lowry, FVV, Payne
SG - Johnson, Powell, Thomas, McCaw
SF - Hollis-Jefferson, OG
PF - Siakam, Hernandez, Boucher
C - Gasol, Ibaka

That is depth, and really other then the obvious starters (Lowry, Gasol and Siakam) the other two spots can be interchanged by anyone.

Preferable first unit - PG - Lowry, SG - Johnson, PF- Siakam, SF - Hollis-Jefferson, C - Gasol

Second unit - PG - FVV, SG - Powell, PF - Hernandez, SF - OG, C- Ibaka

Small unit - PG- Lowry, SG - FVV, PF - OG, SF - Johnson, C- Siakam

Big unit - PG- Lowry, SG - Johnson, SF- Siakam, PF - Ibaka, C - Gasol

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Obviously the NBA would do this.
Meh, we are still NBA champions and they can't take that away.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
"I'm going home."

drop-2945055_960_720.jpg

horner

May 22, 2007
Young Canadian basketball players snub team Canada
You would figure these young players would have seen the excitement that the raptors brought to Canada by winning the championship .
Would have enticed them to play for Canada.

Whenever Canada participates in the world Cup or Olympics for hockey the don't even ask to help.

Confused ?

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
You would figure these young players would have seen the excitement that the raptors brought to Canada by winning the championship .

Whenever Canada participates in the world Cup or Olympics for hockey the don't even ask to help.

Confused ?

Barrett has an injury, idk why Wiggins never goes and I forget the other canadian who declined to go. A lot of top players aren't going because the time of the tournament. Basically at the same time as the NBAs training camp.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Barrett has an injury, idk why Wiggins never goes and I forget the other canadian who declined to go. A lot of top players aren't going because the time of the tournament. Basically at the same time as the NBAs training camp.

Probably Tristan Thompson.

Not even sure he'd come back to Toronto all that often if it wasn't for family and maybe a few friends.

Although he has done some community things so that is more than most can say.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Probably Tristan Thompson.

Not even sure he'd come back to Toronto all that often if it wasn't for family and maybe a few friends.

Although he has done some community things so that is more than most can say.

Pretty sure he was thinking about Shai or Jamal Murray. Thompson has represented the team well enough in the past and we have enough depth at the 5 in Olynyk/Birch/Boucher/Wiltjer to shoulder the duties. Him not being there isn't the biggest issue, it's the lack of offensive options.

Nembhard being there is cool though. Would be nice if he gets minutes cause he's one of the more talented guards on the roster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurtz

horner

May 22, 2007
I get it that some of these players have minor injuries and trading camps are stating .
But
Kyle Lowry I believe just had surgery and is going to play for the us team and just finished his season.
From what I here he is really looking forward to playing Popovich and he wants to give back to the country he is from.
Maybe some of these young players ( Wiggins ) could learn thing or two from an NBA championship coach c.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada

Confused ?

not really - this is the nba where collusion is an everyday occurrence

when the american players started dropping like flies to rep their country it's almost as if our own star players just thought to themselves 'well if they are not playing, i'm not either' and made up some excuses to get out of it

i'll give jamal the benefit of the doubt because i believe he wanted to play and his ankle is really injured, but the other guys - sketchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad