Raptors Discussion: v89| Those are some big rings | Raptors out to defend their championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
I hope this blows up badly for Leonard

What did he say about George - ‘I’ve never played with a player of his calibre?’

What was Tim Duncan

Is George really that great ?

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton

What did he say about George - ‘I’ve never played with a player of his calibre?’

What was Tim Duncan

Let's just say he ain't no Tim Duncan. Everybody sleeps on Duncan. Dude got 5 rings.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario

What was Tim Duncan

To be fair, George is a MVP candidate and Duncan was in his last years when Kawhi joined San Antonio. In fact he only topped 15.4 PPG once with Kawhi on the team. He was great in so many ways obviously but we aren't talking prime Tim Duncan either..or anything even close really.

Reactions: EscapeGoat

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Kawhi's thank you was the most Kawhi way of doing that ever. I still find it fun that there were so many people up in arms when he didn't post anything.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I hope the Clippers knock off the Lakers in the playoffs and Kawhi wins his 3rd chip and MVP. That will definitely put an end to the Lebron era and arguably put Kawhi a notch above James in GOAT conversation. Still behind Jordan though.

Reactions: TrueTT and yvrtojfk

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So are we bringing back Vince?

I'd like them to, but they're gonna have to cut some players during/after camp, including one to make room for Carter. It's not a big deal because the probable casualties in such a case would be Malcolm Miller and the newly signed Cameron Payne and neither of them is a big loss. But it does mean that the team hasn't been holding open a spot to sign someone else. It might be that they are content to head into the season with the roster as it stands now unless there's someone else big to pounce on.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
N.B.A. Begins Investigating Whether Salary Cap Was Violated
The N.B.A. has begun an investigation into how teams handled free agency this summer, focusing on whether improper inducements were offered to players to circumvent the salary cap, according to a person with direct knowledge of the situation.

The issue was raised by multiple team owners at a meeting of the league’s board of governors this month in Las Vegas, according to the person, who requested anonymity because of a lack of authorization to speak publicly on the subject.
There were also multiple reports this month suggesting that Kawhi Leonard’s representatives, in arranging his blockbuster move from the Toronto Raptors to the Los Angeles Clippers, had asked for perks that would violate the league’s collective bargaining agreement.

The ESPN commentator Stephen A. Smith, citing “people in N.B.A. circles,” said on the air that Leonard’s uncle — Dennis Robertson (known in N.B.A. circles as “Uncle Dennis”) — had asked other teams for houses, planes and guaranteed sponsorship money. Smith added, “I have no idea whether this is true or not.”

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017

If it is deemed that the LA Clippers did wrong in the signing of Kwahi. And Kwahi's reps were all corrupt in their dealings with potential teams. What happens?

- Do the Clippers forfeit draft picks? If so how can they if they have none left?

- If they forfeit draft picks, to who?

- Can Kwahi be suspended?

I always have thought that Kwahi's representation was corrupt. From his time in San Antonio. No way a team that employs probably the greatest coach of all time in Pop, screwed over Kwahi. I always thought Kwahi was one and done. Him leaving didn't surprise me. Im greatful for the championship and we wouldn't have been able to get one without him. So thank you for that.

But Kwahi allowing to be represented by "Uncle Dennis", looks really bad on him as a person. I really hope that Kwahi succeeds in what ever he does moving forward. But I also do hope the NBA gets a handle on players thinking they run the league and teams. The NBA is the worst sports league for things like this. Its ridiculous.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I always have thought that Kwahi's representation was corrupt. From his time in San Antonio. No way a team that employs probably the greatest coach of all time in Pop, screwed over Kwahi. I always thought Kwahi was one and done. Him leaving didn't surprise me. Im greatful for the championship and we wouldn't have been able to get one without him. So thank you for that.

But Kwahi allowing to be represented by "Uncle Dennis", looks really bad on him as a person. I really hope that Kwahi succeeds in what ever he does moving forward. But I also do hope the NBA gets a handle on players thinking they run the league and teams. The NBA is the worst sports league for things like this. Its ridiculous.

As much as I like Khawi, its hard to argue with that.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
If it is deemed that the LA Clippers did wrong in the signing of Kwahi. And Kwahi's reps were all corrupt in their dealings with potential teams. What happens?

- Do the Clippers forfeit draft picks? If so how can they if they have none left?

- If they forfeit draft picks, to who?

- Can Kwahi be suspended?

It's too bad compensation picks wouldn't mean much in the NBA since draft picks outside the top 3-5 aren't really valued. I'm not an expert on comp picks but I know MLB has them and I'm not exactly sure how you get them.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
Players have all the POWER now, not the owners!

Its only going to get worst but in hindsight, this NBA season will be very, very interesting... So who really wins or loses? Silver really IDGAF as long as money keeps pouring in.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Players have all the POWER now, not the owners!

Its only going to get worst but in hindsight, this NBA season will be very, very interesting... So who really wins or loses? Silver really IDGAF as long as money keeps pouring in.

NBA and the TV networks win. TV networks wanted the big markets like LA to have superteams because it's what's best for them. It's sad because this past season was quite enjoyable to watch with so much talent spread around but in the end whoever is giving the NBA the most money will get what they want. A Canadian team being the best is not best for business except over here in Canada.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
NBA and the TV networks win. TV networks wanted the big markets like LA to have superteams because it's what's best for them. It's sad because this past season was quite enjoyable to watch with so much talent spread around but in the end whoever is giving the NBA the most money will get what they want. A Canadian team being the best is not best for business except over here in Canada.

I am sure they didn't mind so much. Toronto only pulls $28 per fan a year in revenue and I wouldn't be surprised to be up to $35 next season. That's a win for the NBA or any league, growing markets is key.

NBA Team Values 2019: Knicks On Top At $4 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad