Raptors Discussion: v87 | It wasn't a dream! It actually happened! 2019 NBA CHAMPION Toronto Raptors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Cant wait for this to end. Hope he stays for at least the 1 yr to defend the title. But if he doesn't, thanks for bringing it to Canada.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The simplest explanation is often the truth (or so science will have us believe).

The simplest explanation is that he flew here on the company jet because his intention is to sign a new contract.

It seems inconceivable that he would fly all this way for a meeting that ends with "no." He could have met with the Raptors anywhere and said "no." Why do it right in the city, where he would have some kind of inkling there would be a media build up/reaction?

Not at all. Guy flies a hundred times or so every year, what's one more flight? If he decides to leave how do you think he'd break the news, a phone call? Wait that's maybe too old school, does he just send Masai a text?

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
There are conflicting reports about his meeting. Some are saying it happened yesterday. Some are saying it's today.

Now it's being reported he is here to negotiate a sign and trade to the Clippers. This is wild.

What assets does LAC have left though to make a sign and trade for Kawhi work though?

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Somebody needs to check the SportsChek across from Real Sports. I can remember the day Grabovski was bought out by the Leafs, his jersey was in the 50% off bin before the news had even broken.

If Kawhi's jersey is still full price, good sign! lol

I dunno about that. If he leaves then mebbe Kawhi Raptors jersey's become a collectors item and the price goes up.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Not at all. Guy flies a hundred times or so every year, what's one more flight? If he decides to leave how do you think he'd break the news, a phone call? Wait that's maybe too old school, does he just send Masai a text?

I'm not sure you got my main point. He could meet with the Raptors anywhere in person and say "no". Coming to the city to do it seems odd, considering I'm sure he would have had some kind of idea of the fan reaction his presence in the city would surely generate.

Reactions: MsMeow

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm not sure you got my main point. He could meet with the Raptors anywhere in person and say "no". Coming to the city to do it seems odd, considering I'm sure he would have had some kind of idea of the fan reaction his presence in the city would surely generate.

Sounds a bit weird. Hey Masai, we need to talk but not in Toronto. Can you meet me in ... Hawaii?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Huh? Butler said he is going to Miami.

Maybe that's it - Kawhi's going to Miami. Makes sense I guess, I read here that Urban Americans prefer Miami to Toronto (or any place in Canada really, Canada's pretty lame as I understand it).

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
If Kawhi doesnt sign with the raps i wish he signs with someone out of left field like Atlanta to mess with everyone.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Jalen with a hopeful prediction:

The exact quote from Jalen: “What I’m 99% hearing is that Kawhi Leonard will be returning to Toronto and signing a 2-year contract, just completed his 8th season, that will put him at 10 years and put him in position to get largest maximum deal for a player of his tenure."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad