Raptors Discussion: v86: Raptors Discussion: NBA CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I told my friend the same thing, we would win the next 4 games. 2-0 down to Milwaukee, though, I was panicking. I thought it was over. I was so down.

I didn't think it was over but I was scared for sure. Looking back on it all I'm still shaking my head and wondering how the PHI series was as close as it was. We were pretty close to going out in the 2nd round, it was such a long time ago that I'm having a hard time remembering how in the world that even happened but it's true.

Anyhow, the team kept getting better as we went along, it's over now and we won, we're 100% deserving of the title and what a ride it was!

It is a fact proven by numbers
, proven by watching by almost anything measurable. Is Connor the best hockey player? yes well its the same with Lebron even at 35 and it's agreed upon by Basketball expert everywhere. Can a couple player have better season yes but that don't make them close to him or better.

Curry is not close to Lebron, there is no if who is better between them, you must be be new to basketball to even entertain this. I could give you all the numbers easily but I find it stupid that I would even need too.

I advise you to read up more about this cuz curry is never in a debate when it comes to best and never considered to be better or near Lebron even his MVP years if you know anything about them awards.

Basketball is not a one man game but Lebron is the one man that can do the most by himself. When Lebron has to he can do alot more then curry could ever do by himself.

MVP lol you think Lebron can't put up the numbers if he wanted to to win it, mvp is for team with best record most of the time. Just look at James harden that's who curry belongs too, that group. Yeah they are different but one can bring alot more to the table then the other.

It's a fact bro, learn basketball a little bit more then tell me how curry could be better then lbj it's just ridiculous. Find me anything that has curry in lebron league, anything at all. Hate that I have to even say it. Stick to hockey man, hate talking basketball with people who don't really love or follow the sport but are here cuz it's the thing now

This post is a joke, bro. Blah blah blah ... experts ... blah blah blah ... numbers (without actually mentioning any numbers) ... blah blah blah ... bro learn ... blah blah blah blah ... find me anything ...

You say "find me anything but Bro, I showed you VORP numbers, you're the one who's showed precisely ... wait for it ... absolutely nothing.

If you want to have a discussion then learn how to formulate an argument. So far all I've seen you do is talk about how smart you are with absolutely dick to back it up.

Cheers!

Bro you don't know what you are talking about lol numbers is fools games if you really believe this you are a fool and I don't deal with fools. Come to any basketball forum and type your nonsense out lol and I said experts, like coaches, players and talent evaluator. I mentioned talking heads because they are the dumbest kind and they even know this.

There no debate about Durant and curry about who is better even within their own team so how the hell can you do it with him and Lebron, just asinine man.

Same response as above. Learn how to formulate an argument or just be quiet, you're making yourself look foolish.

Also before I leave this nonsensical conversation. You know how I know they are not close... Cuz every gm including myers would choose Lebron over curry that's how. Close is kd and Lebron

Making statements like this with zero to back it up is just ... I'm not even gonna say it ... bro.

And LOL KD, maybe you should consult these "experts" you're so fond of mentioning and ask them what the chances are that KD is ever able to play at the same level he played at before. It's unfortunate but I suggest you face this reality before making more posts about how great KD is. Was great, absolutely. Will he ever be again, doubtful at this point. And BTW, Curry was a champion before KD joined the team that was built around Curry ... bro. And that team dominated the NBA, they changed the way the game is played and there's no question that it all started with Curry rising to a level beyond anything anyone predicted. He was certainly the engine that made that team run, or are you going to say that "every expert would disagree"?

Just so you know - that was a rhetorical question. Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: stopclickbait

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think Kawhi opts into his contract for next season and tries to defend his championship here in Toronto and leaves after.
There's no way he opts in. He'd be leaving around 10 million on the table. If he wants to stay but doesn't want to commit long-term, he'll opt out and sign a 1-year deal with a player option for the 2nd. Raps will clearly be willing to pay him the 1-year max which is over 30 million.

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The thing about Curry is that he’s able to take a backseat to elevate his teammates. If we give him Harden levels of usage, well then we see what he does (game 3).

Obviously LeBron is LeBron, but you could also counter that this is a shooter’s league. Which is why the Durant injury is so devastating because he’s at that calibre and beyond due to his shooting.

That game 3 was really something. Curry is probably the best shooter in NBA history and holy hell is he ever a hard guy to cover.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
There's no way he opts in. He'd be around 10 million on the table. If he wants to stay but doesn't want to commit long-term, he'll opt out and sign a 1-year deal with a player option for the 2nd. Raps will clearly be willing to pay him the 1-year max which is over 30 million.

I'd bet a ton that if he signs here, that will be the deal. It sounds like he won't be here long term so it's just a question of if he'll stay for a bit before going back home. 2 years deal so he can sign a max deal after that with LA and an out after the first year if things don't go well makes sense.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
It would be a logistical nightmare to set up security checkpoints at a public outdoor venue like Nathan Phillips Square.

Not only that, but it would only "protect" the 50,000 or so that were there. What about the 1.95 million others lining the parade route?

It's an utterly impractical idea.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not only that, but it would only "protect" the 50,000 or so that were there. What about the 1.95 million others lining the parade route?

It's an utterly impractical idea.

Yeah, this was unavoidable unfortunately. The two shooters were going to shoot people no matter what, whether it be inside the square or just outside of it.

I’m happy I have yet to see the names or faces if the shooters. I hope no one reports on them. That’s what they wanted

Reactions: my name is Bob

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Question for anyone who attended Nathan Phillips square, did they do a security check for people coming into the square?

Seems insane this scenario could even unfold... Not a good look for the Mayor
didn't happen in the square; I was there about 5 minutes before it happened it was right next to the path entrance on the SE corner outside the square.

my friends were there and said they did a quick jog to get out (went back to pick up their bottle of liquor lol)

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
No the shooting was in Nathan Philips square and there should have been security. I never said provide security for 2 million people in the whole city lol, no crap it's pretty redundant to say that because it's obvious.. i'm talking about the 35,000 people in the Nathan Philips Square zone. My friend was in the zone and they had to climb a fence to get out. He also said the media is down playing it. Just really poor planning no reason to defend it.

Anyways we're not going to discuss this anymore. Let's quit this political talk.
The media is definitely downplaying it as to not rain on the parade.

I ain't never showing up to that kind of event again. **** that.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
The media is definitely downplaying it as to not rain on the parade.

I ain't never showing up to that kind of event again. **** that.

You could be shot (or run down by a van) while walking down the street. Are you going to stop doing that? Hell, someone in your household might stab you in your sleep. Are you going to stay awake all the time?

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah, this was unavoidable unfortunately. The two shooters were going to shoot people no matter what, whether it be inside the square or just outside of it.

I’m happy I have yet to see the names or faces if the shooters. I hope no one reports on them. That’s what they wanted
i think it was a gun fight between two idiots

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
You could be shot (or run down by a van) while walking down the street. Are you going to stop doing that? Hell, someone in your household might stab you in your sleep. Are you going to stay awake all the time?

Rojac always brings the positivity! :laugh:

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
What does that have to do with ending up in stampedes? It's just annoying being in such a dense crowd, would've much rather just played some ball today instead of seeing the Raps for 5 mins and then watching kids get trampled.

Unfortunately ya boy was drinking in the city last night and didn't wanna drive back till the morning. Then got stuck behind the parade route smh.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Delete

Last edited:

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
The lack of water and toilets was a far bigger issue than the gun tbh.

Some pretty garbage city planning on this one. Whatever.
Just poop your pants, it's no big deal.

Shooter caught and taken down

Lmaoo @ the guy being called a wasteman. That he is.

There was a bunch of friction between a bunch of different cliques tho when I was in Eaton Centre, I kinda knew some **** was gonna pop off.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
They are too busy worrying about making as much money as possible instead of winning.

What? You cant compare both teams. This leafs team were/and still in rebuild mode after three years... Ujiri had 6 years to build after failures to reach finals...and went all in like most wanted him too.

Will Dubas do the same! I dunno. But I trust Shanny, it just takes time and the right mix to win.

Also the Blues have been building for 8 years.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
you could also counter that this is a shooter’s league. Which is why the Durant injury is so devastating because he’s at that calibre and beyond due to his shooting.

Which is why WARRIORS are unbeatable... Till now. A good defensive system can break em.

Can we trade for Lou Williams if Kawhi leaves?! Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad