Raptors Discussion: v86: Raptors Discussion: NBA CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Actually his best move is to sign an 1+player option that way in 2 years he’s eligible for the 10year super max which allows him to sign for up to 35% of the cap

This seems quite possible. He can get a shot a consecutive titles, AND max out his earnings AND play in LA for a number of years on a very good team in LA to end his career.

I'm just staring at my Raptors NBA Champions T-shirt, still in disbelief. Like it's a typo or something.

This entire run, the ceremony, the parade...it's all surreal.

I'm glad Naz was there, you could tell how bad he wants this for the Leafs.

Haha I know what you mean about the T shirt. :)

Mixed feeling seeing Naz but who knows, maybe the parade will have the effect on him that he gets serious about learning how to control his emotions. Had he done that earlier who knows how far the Leafs would have gone.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
I think Kawhi opts into his contract for next season and tries to defend his championship here in Toronto and leaves after.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
What was going through your mind when they lost the very first playoff game they played? Seems like so long ago, the journey started with a bad loss to a 7th seed.
I actually want to dig up all the comments from that Game 1 thread and see how many said it will be a 1st round exits and Kawhi will leave....

Reactions: The Cobra

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It's not an opinion my man it's a known fact around basketball that they are nowhere in the same tier or close in ranking when it comes to best. Look at any list, any listen to the real experts man even the talking heads know this.

One more thing about tiers/lists/talking heads/experts. I don't place a ton of value on what talking heads think and there are few "experts" who have earned the title. I decided to have a quick look myself at some numbers, I don't have a ton of time to devote to this (and admittedly I'm no expert) but IMHO, if I had to look at one stat to make a decision, the first stat that comes to mind is VORP. Not sure what you think of this stat, maybe you have a list of better ones?

Here's how these two finished in NBA VORP rankings over the last 5 years:

2015 Curry 1, Lebron 5
2016 Curry 1, Lebron 3
2017 Lebron 3, Curry 6
2018 Lebron 1, Curry 14
2019 Both tied for 12th (with A. Davis)

Note that in 2018 Curry only played 51 games and in 2019, Curry played only 69 and Lebron only 55.
Using these numbers as a base, Curry had the edge for the first two years, Lebron had the edge for the next two and this year is gets murky with both players missing many games and ending up tied overall. How will next year look is anyone's guess.

Yeah, these two look like comparable players to me.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
What was going through your mind when they lost the very first playoff game they played? Seems like so long ago, the journey started with a bad loss to a 7th seed.

I thought this is a one off and predicted they'd rattle off 4 in a row. Down 2-0 to MIL, that was trickier. :)

I remember that. Hard to believe he started the playoffs with a scoreless game.

I wasn't worried. I just find it really hard to ever worry about Lowry.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I thought this is a one off and predicted they'd rattle off 4 in a row. Down 2-0 to MIL, that was trickier. :)

I wasn't worried. I just find it really hard to ever worry about Lowry.

I told my friend the same thing, we would win the next 4 games. 2-0 down to Milwaukee, though, I was panicking. I thought it was over. I was so down.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
At the end of the day, it's going to be a family decision just like the Babcock. His wife/gf is also from Cali.

Yeah and his uncle is his agent.

Whatever Kawhi does he’ll always be a hero and loved in this country.

Reactions: WildBoy

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
Basketball isn't a one man game.

Curry and Lebron are very different so of course they each bring different things to a team.

By the time we see Lebron in the playoffs again, he'll be at least 35 years old, it's almost certain he will have slipped some from his peak.

Curry's won 2 MVP awards since Lebron last won. That's not everything of course but it is something - they don't give the MVP award to just random players, winning it two years in a row is very impressive. Well, maybe it's not to you, it is to me though. Maybe Lebron is better than Curry maybe not, hard to tell when we haven't seen playoff Lebron in a while. But saying Curry's "nowhere near him", yeah IMO that's laughable.

It seems you've mixed up the meaning of the words "opinion" and "fact".

Cheers! :)
It is a fact proven by numbers
, proven by watching by almost anything measurable. Is Connor the best hockey player? yes well its the same with Lebron even at 35 and it's agreed upon by Basketball expert everywhere. Can a couple player have better season yes but that don't make them close to him or better.

Curry is not close to Lebron, there is no if who is better between them, you must be be new to basketball to even entertain this. I could give you all the numbers easily but I find it stupid that I would even need too.

I advise you to read up more about this cuz curry is never in a debate when it comes to best and never considered to be better or near Lebron even his MVP years if you know anything about them awards.

Basketball is not a one man game but Lebron is the one man that can do the most by himself. When Lebron has to he can do alot more then curry could ever do by himself.

MVP lol you think Lebron can't put up the numbers if he wanted to to win it, mvp is for team with best record most of the time. Just look at James harden that's who curry belongs too, that group. Yeah they are different but one can bring alot more to the table then the other.

It's a fact bro, learn basketball a little bit more then tell me how curry could be better then lbj it's just ridiculous. Find me anything that has curry in lebron league, anything at all. Hate that I have to even say it. Stick to hockey man, hate talking basketball with people who don't really love or follow the sport but are here cuz it's the thing now

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The thing about Curry is that he’s able to take a backseat to elevate his teammates. If we give him Harden levels of usage, well then we see what he does (game 3).

Obviously LeBron is LeBron, but you could also counter that this is a shooter’s league. Which is why the Durant injury is so devastating because he’s at that calibre and beyond due to his shooting.

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
One more thing about tiers/lists/talking heads/experts. I don't place a ton of value on what talking heads think and there are few "experts" who have earned the title. I decided to have a quick look myself at some numbers, I don't have a ton of time to devote to this (and admittedly I'm no expert) but IMHO, if I had to look at one stat to make a decision, the first stat that comes to mind is VORP. Not sure what you think of this stat, maybe you have a list of better ones?

2015 Curry 1, Lebron 5
2016 Curry 1, Lebron 3
2017 Lebron 3, Curry 6
2018 Lebron 1, Curry 14

Note that in 2018 Curry only played 51 games and in 2019, Curry played only 69 and Lebron only 55.
Using these numbers as a base, Curry had the edge for the first two years, Lebron had the edge for the next two and this year is gets murky with both players missing many games and ending up tied overall. How will next year look is anyone's guess.

Bro you don't know what you are talking about lol numbers is fools games if you really believe this you are a fool and I don't deal with fools. Come to any basketball forum and type your nonsense out lol and I said experts, like coaches, players and talent evaluator. I mentioned talking heads because they are the dumbest kind and they even know this.

There no debate about Durant and curry about who is better even within their own team so how the hell can you do it with him and Lebron, just asinine man.

Last edited by a moderator:

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO

2015 Curry 1, Lebron 5
2016 Curry 1, Lebron 3
2017 Lebron 3, Curry 6
2018 Lebron 1, Curry 14

Also before I leave this nonsensical conversation. You know how I know they are not close... Cuz every gm including myers would choose Lebron over curry that's how. Close is kd and Lebron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad