Raptors Discussion: v81|Raptors beat Bucks 4-2 | next stop: NBA FINALS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
This one's for you Morris Peterson and Alvin Williams.
Can't forget Jerome Williams and Charles Oakley...much love to TJ Ford and Jose Calderon, shout out to Jamario Moon and Anthony Parker.

Big thanks to Amir Johnson and Bizmak Biyombo, much love to Dell Curry and Antonio Davis.

You forgot Rafael Paulo de Lara Araújo.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Still buzzin over last night man...I was never worried during this game, even down 15.

Raps or specifically, Kawhi, just decided it was time to take over to close out the 3rd quarter. He legit singlehandedly closed the 15pt gap by himself.

What a player, what a performance.

Reactions: The Cobra

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
You forgot Rafael Paulo de Lara Araújo.
Omg, I was so hopeful with this guy, ha.

What a great game. Way to close out a series. No one’s even whispering the C word....what a way different feeling with this team.

Lowry giving all the love to the city and the fans, too. Nice.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
E4FF5DD2-3169-467F-936A-B1F05CDBC6C4.jpeg

Does Kawhi team up with LeBron next year ?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I lost my voice last night. What a gutsy comeback.

I am cautiously optimistic about our chances against Golden State considering how we played them this season, but no matter what happens, I think everyone can be satisfied with how far the team made it.

I also think that making it to the finals has increased the likelihood of Kawhi coming back.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Last night watching the game with my father in-law and wife it was a very frustrating first three quarters of basketball. Not so much for the Raptors play but more so with the two of them continuously saying the Raptors were going to lose. That they weren’t playing well that they were down too much to come back. As I told them and I will say it again. Basketball is a game of runs. To me this game was never in doubt. The Raps were going to win in the end. I felt it.

That being said, I hope GS comes out and guarantees victories like Middleton and Giannis did this past series. It only lights a fire under the Raps butts to prove otherwise. If the Bucks did more playing instead of making public guarantees OR stop the whining of Drake and our superfan maybe they too would be in the position the Raps are in today. But instead they are still whining and are heading home.

The Raps stayed cool and collective. Played as a team and came through. The right team is in the finals today. Good riddance to the Bucks and their fans. You always have the Pack to look forward too.

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
22 years ago I saw my first Raptors game with my dad here in Halifax (exhibition), through years of wearing the goofy jackets and clothes as a kid, to this moment, it is something special that is well deserved and earned. Regardless of what happens, its a big moment for the franchise and the country, for what it will help do both on a team level moving forward, but also how much more the game will continue to develop here.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Last night watching the game with my father in-law and wife it was a very frustrating first three quarters of basketball. Not so much for the Raptors play but more so with the two of them continuously saying the Raptors were going to lose. That they weren’t playing well that they were down too much to come back. As I told them and I will say it again. Basketball is a game of runs. To me this game was never in doubt. The Raps were going to win in the end. I felt it.

That being said, I hope GS comes out and guarantees victories like Middleton and Giannis did this past series. It only lights a fire under the Raps butts to prove otherwise. If the Bucks did more playing instead of making public guarantees OR stop the whining of Drake and our superfan maybe they too would be in the position the Raps are in today. But instead they are still whining and are heading home.

The Raps stayed cool and collective. Played as a team and came through. The right team is in the finals today. Good riddance to the Bucks and their fans. You always have the Pack to look forward too.
I completely agree. I think GS will too. Maybe not a full on guarantee, but you know they’re going to be extremely cocky, even without Durant. I think that will be good for us.

Even without that, I already think we’ve got the energy to go get it done. Look at Lowry, how excited he was to be in the finals. He couldn’t contain himself in the last couple seconds in the game. He’s ready, and he along with kawhi are going to bring their A+ game. No doubts. Green can’t possibly continue to be this bad too, I’d bet.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Raptors started the game about -130 favourites. When they went down 10 early in the game they became +190 underdogs. Threw some cash at them at that point, nice little pay out ;)

So like some of the posters here have already said, no lead is safe in this game

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
I completely agree. I think GS will too. Maybe not a full on guarantee, but you know they’re going to be extremely cocky, even without Durant. I think that will be good for us.

Even without that, I already think we’ve got the energy to go get it done. Look at Lowry, how excited he was to be in the finals. He couldn’t contain himself in the last couple seconds in the game. He’s ready, and he along with kawhi are going to bring their A+ game. No doubts. Green can’t possibly continue to be this bad too, I’d bet.

Honestly I think of all the teams out of the Eastern Conference, the one the Warriors respect the most is the Raptors. I believe they thought it would be us all year and I don't think they're gonna start the series with any sort of mental handicap.

This series is going to come down to our defence and our bench scoring. This will be a different sort of series then we've seen all playoffs. We wont have the same length near the rim or guarding on the perimeter. We'll need to protect the ball and play hard, they don't have any obvious weakness like Philly or the Bucks

Reactions: Madap and The Cobra

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Drake's buddy needs to slap him in his face. Taunting the Bucks bench when the game is over? We seriously don't need to give GS's weapons any added motivation to light us up.

I don't want to see Steph going all Kobe or Reggie on the Drizzle.

Reactions: MsMeow

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Just stop

Babcocks decision to play Matthews around 17 minutes in a game 7 lmao.

Babcocks decision to run 4 lines in the 3rd when down a couple goals.

Babcocks decision to split the PP between the first and second units.

Just stop

The Raptors veterans were more like the Boston Bruins. Calm under pressure and did whatever it took to win, our young guys are more like Embiid, Simmons and Giannis. Fantastically talented but not ready to handle those huge moments and close out when necessary.

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
Drake's buddy needs to slap him in his face. Taunting the Bucks bench when the game is over? We seriously don't need to give GS's weapons any added motivation to light us up.

I don't want to see Steph going all Kobe or Reggie on the Drizzle.

I think Steph Curry is probably going to be able to find enough motivation to put in max effort in the NBA finals.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad