Raptors Discussion: v81|Raptors beat Bucks 4-2 | next stop: NBA FINALS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
everyone except giannis's agent, who was clearly rattled lol
Perhaps the Bucks can respond by putting the cast of Happy Days on the sideline to distract.
Love to see Ralph Malph talk smack.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Perhaps the Bucks can respond by putting the cast of Happy Days on the sideline to distract.
Love to see Ralph Malph talk smack.

LMAO, I got a kick out of this.
I heard Dustin Diamond lives in Wisconsin, lets see if the Bucks drag his behind to court side tonight.

Hey man, the Raptors got Jaleel White courtside for game 3...lets see if the Bucks do us one better and bring out Screech talking ****

Reactions: ACC1224

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Drake douch*ng it up last game and fans laughing at Giannis while he's about to board his plane went a little to far in a tied series. I'm hopeful its not gonna light a fire under their arses like Embiid gloating after their game 3 win.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Most useless stat ever IMO. Portland led for most of the time against GS, based on this logic do you think GS was outplayed as well?

You cannot compare Golden State to any other team in the NBA. No lead against GS is safe. Comparing GS to the Bucks is plain dumb.

On average over a 4 game span for any team in the NBA, if you lead the game for the majority of the game the average is a 3-1 mark. That's what this series should be. I can see 1 of the 4 games ending on the losing end. But rarely do good teams lose 2.

The stat is not useless. I just took a glimpse at some records of teams that lead the majority of the games over the past 4 playoff years. More often then not (90%) of the time they go on to win games and series. The only team the past 4 years that debunked the averages was Golden State.

Its really not a useless stat. Really holds merit if you go back and look at it.

Reactions: yvrtojfk

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Drake ******ng it up last game and fans laughing at Giannis while he's about to board his plane went a little to far in a tied series. I'm hopeful its not gonna light a fire under their arses like Embiid gloating after their game 3 win.

If your going to need opposing fans and a superfan like Drake fire you up to get it going, then your team is pretty poor. Whats worse, fans and Drake laughing at you OR one of your teammates guaranteeing a victory that you and your teammates couldn't deliver on!!!!

Crap happens, you shouldn't start a war of words you cant back up. Bad on Middleton and also bad on Giannis to come out of the gate and screaming at Raps bench to take a timeout like he did to get crowd riled up. As far as I am concerned air balling a free throw multiple times, or having a teammate guarantee a victory isn't any better!!! They should have expected backlash and glad they got it.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You cannot compare Golden State to any other team in the NBA. No lead against GS is safe. Comparing GS to the Bucks is plain dumb.

On average over a 4 game span for any team in the NBA, if you lead the game for the majority of the game the average is a 3-1 mark. That's what this series should be. I can see 1 of the 4 games ending on the losing end. But rarely do good teams lose 2.

The stat is not useless. I just took a glimpse at some records of teams that lead the majority of the games over the past 4 playoff years. More often then not (90%) of the time they go on to win games and series. The only team the past 4 years that debunked the averages was Golden State.

Its really not a useless stat. Really holds merit if you go back and look at it.

That's great, I'm sure they do more often than not but actually winning games is far more important (and I'd bet a better indicator of future success) than how much time you spend with the lead.

That game 1, we outplayed them for 3 quarters but were dominated so badly in the 4th that it more than made up for the first 3 quarters. The final score is what matters in the end and in the end we deserved to lose and we did lose. If someone told me after that first game that oh wow those Raptors were awesome, did you see them outplay MIL for 3 quarters I'd just laugh.

I'm also reminded of the Leafs game 7 in 2018, we were the better team through 2 periods but I haven't seen too many people argue that we were the better team. We also led for most of game 7 in 2013 IIRC but I digress ...

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
If your going to need opposing fans and a superfan like Drake fire you up to get it going, then your team is pretty poor. Whats worse, fans and Drake laughing at you OR one of your teammates guaranteeing a victory that you and your teammates couldn't deliver on!!!!

Crap happens, you shouldn't start a war of words you cant back up. Bad on Middleton and also bad on Giannis to come out of the gate and screaming at Raps bench to take a timeout like he did to get crowd riled up. As far as I am concerned air balling a free throw multiple times, or having a teammate guarantee a victory isn't any better!!! They should have expected backlash and glad they got it.
ye, this was 100000x worse than whatever drake could do. once i read that i was fairly confident with a win

Last edited:

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I would like to hear Reggie Miller speak pre game about what its like having a celebrity chirp you.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I would like to hear Reggie Miller speak pre game about what its like having a celebrity chirp you.

I'd like to hear him speak pretty much anytime, very entertaining guy.

For real, this has been happening for ever all of a sudden people are crying about it. Lol

I know celebrities attend NBA games regularly but do they really behave the way Drake did on a regular basis?

I wasn't really following Drake closely (mostly concentrating on the game LOL) so not sure what exactly he did. From what I saw he behaved like an idiot but nothing that MIL could really complain about IMO. Their coach said something about him being on the court if I'm not mistaken, did that happen? If so that that's crossing the line IMO but if not, LOL @ the coach for whining about something that never happened.

If I was Nick Nurse I'd want to tell Drake to keep his hands to himself but whatever.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I remember many leaf fans saying this going into game 5 and the winner of game 5 did not win the series
It's different in basketball, home court is a much bigger factor and in series that are tied 2-2 historically the team who won game 5 won the series 80-85% of the time, and usually it was the home team because they would get game 7 at home if they didn't finish it on the road.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
I'd like to hear him speak pretty much anytime, very entertaining guy.

I know celebrities attend NBA games regularly but do they really behave the way Drake did on a regular basis?

I wasn't really following Drake closely (mostly concentrating on the game LOL) so not sure what exactly he did. From what I saw he behaved like an idiot but nothing that MIL could really complain about IMO. Their coach said something about him being on the court if I'm not mistaken, did that happen? If so that that's crossing the line IMO but if not, LOL @ the coach for whining about something that never happened.

If I was Nick Nurse I'd want to tell Drake to keep his hands to himself but whatever.

Nick Nurse said he wasn't even aware of it, so I don't think he was too bothered.

And again, Drake is part of the Raptors organization. So I think he gets special access to the court on timeouts, etc., like any other member - medical, coaching, etc.

I imagine Larry Tanenbaum could join in if he wanted to, but I don't know the actual rules....

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Nick Nurse said he wasn't even aware of it, so I don't think he was too bothered.

I'm not sure I believe him myself, I think he just doesn't feel comfortable saying anything negative about Drake.

And again, Drake is part of the Raptors organization. So I think he gets special access to the court on timeouts, etc., like any other member - medical, coaching, etc.

That makes sense, thanks. Bottom line for me is I think Drake's getting a bit carried away but no big deal. I hope the Bucks are watching him closely tonight. ;)

It would be funny if this was a Leafs story instead of the Raptors, if we won then there would be a thread on the main boards about how we wouldn't have won if not for Drake. :laugh::laugh:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I'm not sure I believe him myself, I think he just doesn't feel comfortable saying anything negative about Drake.

That makes sense, thanks. Bottom line for me is I think Drake's getting a bit carried away but no big deal. I hope the Bucks are watching him closely tonight. ;)

It would be funny if this was a Leafs story instead of the Raptors, if we won then there would be a thread on the main boards about how we wouldn't have won if not for Drake. :laugh::laugh:

Didn't look like Nurse even reacted to Drake. Like he didn't even feel him.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
hey, drake has got to earn that diamond encrusted jacket they gave him at the game somehow. back rubs are a good start:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad