Raptors Discussion: v78| It's playoff time | Rd 1 vs ORL | Gm3: Fri 4/19 7pm ET/4pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I gotta say I’m somewhat worried about this team’s inability to close out games.

Maybe it’ll be the opposite of Casey’s teams, who were always a good closing team in the regular season but choked in the playoffs.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I gotta say I’m somewhat worried about this team’s inability to close out games.

Maybe it’ll be the opposite of Casey’s teams, who were always a good closing team in the regular season but choked in the playoffs.

Guys just keep going off from 3 on them. There might be some kinda inability to defend the 3, I am noticing. Also, they are turning the ball over too much. It has to get cleaned up.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Guys just keep going off from 3 on them. There might be some kinda inability to defend the 3, I am noticing. Also, they are turning the ball over too much. It has to get cleaned up.
We have the 9th lowest opp 3FG%. I think we are okay. The turnovers and the rebounding are an issue though.

Reactions: FreeBird

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
It's all location man. If we are a US city, those calls don't happen.

I know NBA refs are frustrating but comments like this scream "I don't watch any other NBA games". Which is fine but frankly these sorts of games happen all over the place, even in our favour

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The team is 11-6 since the trade deadline which is a 53 win pace over 82 games, but it is actually a lower win % than they have for the whole season so far. Would you have made those moves or leave the team as is? I guess we'll see in the playoffs, but as of right now would you? I think that the record in the regular season doesn't matter, Marc Gasol is going to come up huge in the playoffs.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I watched the last 4 minutes. That was the first of any Basketball game I've watched all season. Hell of an ending! :laugh:

Also Armstrong can sure sound like he's nuts sometimes.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Can't even be mad how we lost the game. If this was a playoff game however, I probably would have thrown my cat at the TV.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Less than 1. Second longest game winner in the last 20 years.

About as fun of a late March game you're going to get.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Less than 1. Second longest game winner in the last 20 years.

About as fun of a late March game you're going to get.

Question was how many times can he make that shot I interpreted it as all situations not just buzzer beater to end a game. With pressure on like that I agree it's much closer to 1 in 100.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Playoff rotation

Starters
Lowry
Green
Leonard
Siakam
Gasol

Bench
Van Vleet
Ibaka
I have really like Powell lately. He should be there.

On the fringe
Lin
OG
McCaw

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Playoff rotation

Starters
Lowry
Green
Leonard
Siakam
Gasol

Bench
Van Vleet
Ibaka
I have really like Powell lately. He should be there.

On the fringe
Lin
OG
McCaw

It's definitely those 7 for sure

OG - I don't have much trust in him....both offensively and defensively

Lin - Other than being an extra ball handler, doesn't do anything else well enough to warrant a rotation spot

McCaw - Passing up on open 3s and being undersized prevents him from getting regular minutes. He becomes a defensive energy guy in the playoffs....so a minute here, a minute there

Powell seems like the obvious one but he's still a little inconsistent so I really can't lock him up for a spot yet. However, if he can prove himself in these last 8 games, I might have him as the 8th guy. He needs to show that he can be effective when he's not scoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad