Raptors Discussion: v78| It's playoff time | Rd 1 vs ORL | Gm3: Fri 4/19 7pm ET/4pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Really upsetting what happened to Nurkic.
Prayers go out to him and his family.
Watched the play live. I didn't think it was going to be that bad but OMG it's awful. Great player coming into his own. Best wishes for him for sure. I never want to see any elite player go down to a freak injury. Portland is in trouble if McCollum isn't healthy soon. I like cheering for them as my west coast team. This is pretty sad for all.

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
Watched the play live. I didn't think it was going to be that bad but OMG it's awful. Great player coming into his own. Best wishes for him for sure. I never want to see any elite player go down to a freak injury. Portland is in trouble if McCollum isn't healthy soon. I like cheering for them as my west coast team. This is pretty sad for all.

You could actually hear his leg break. Gross. Was way worse than I was expecting. What was even more disgusting was the ref who just steps over him while he’s laying there and actually kicks the foot of the broken leg. Guy should be fired. So disrespectful.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
You could actually hear his leg break. Gross. Was way worse than I was expecting. What was even more disgusting was the ref who just steps over him while he’s laying there and actually kicks the foot of the broken leg. Guy should be fired. So disrespectful.

You weren’t kidding. I just watched the play with injury and I have a pretty strong stomach but that was gross. I can’t imagine the pain. Hopefully he recovers.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I agree! Hope Kawhi can play a few games ;)

Kawhi will play in all and it will be glorious. He'll make Casey cry by the end of the series. Just wait and see Kawhi in the playoffs. We will have a suffocating d, Detroit won't be able to do shit. I am confident we can beat anyone in a 7 game series, even Golden State

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
JYD is in town for a charity fundraising event, and was interviewed by Landsberg in The Morning yesterday.

First, he's still nuts. Interview started with a lengthy JYD bark!
Second - he's a great interview, and repped the charity event very well.
Third - on Kawhi's chances of staying here.

He talked about how good the Raptors organization was and how well he and his family had been treated.

Talked about how as an athlete, your body is everything to your career, and Raps have done everything Kawhi could ever want in terms of getting his health back. Including load management days on games that might have had an impact on the standings, always put Kawhi's health ahead of that.

Also talked about how good a team Raps are, and they've shown they're good enough to win games w/o Kawhi. They're a great team to join in terms of being able to win.

Who knows what Kawhi's really thinking, but there are a lot of good reasons to stay here. In terms of the weather.... I've gotta think Kawhi can always move to LA in another 5 years or so and live the rest of his life there. 5 (or whatever) years up here and a chance at another ring? That probably counts more than the weather....

Reactions: 780il

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
JYD is in town for a charity fundraising event, and was interviewed by Landsberg in The Morning yesterday.

First, he's still nuts. Interview started with a lengthy JYD bark!
Second - he's a great interview, and repped the charity event very well.
Third - on Kawhi's chances of staying here.

He talked about how good the Raptors organization was and how well he and his family had been treated.

Talked about how as an athlete, your body is everything to your career, and Raps have done everything Kawhi could ever want in terms of getting his health back. Including load management days on games that might have had an impact on the standings, always put Kawhi's health ahead of that.

Also talked about how good a team Raps are, and they've shown they're good enough to win games w/o Kawhi. They're a great team to join in terms of being able to win.

Who knows what Kawhi's really thinking, but there are a lot of good reasons to stay here. In terms of the weather.... I've gotta think Kawhi can always move to LA in another 5 years or so and live the rest of his life there. 5 (or whatever) years up here and a chance at another ring? That probably counts more than the weather....

Raptors can offer the most money I believe

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Even though he probably wasn't going to be a part of our playoff rotation, he was still someone we'd be using in certain situations. Losing an option like him blows.

Luckily, this will not make or break our fortunes. He'll be back by the middle of the 1st round anyway. Surely, losing someone like him won't make a difference in the first round.

Reactions: Cor

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Luckily, this will not make or break our fortunes. He'll be back by the middle of the 1st round anyway. Surely, losing someone like him won't make a difference in the first round.

If we lose in Round 1, it certainly won't be because McCaw was limited.

Because if it was, we have a bigger issue lmao

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Did anyone else just see during halftime, a Danny Green segment started, then after 10 seconds it cuts to a random camera on the court, cuts back to the segment for 5 more seconds, then goes to commercial? Wtf

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
JV with 34 points tonight. I hated this trade from day one, and it gets worse with each passing day.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
JV with 34 points tonight. I hated this trade from day one, and it gets worse with each passing day.

It really doesn't

JV was always going to be able to put up nicer stats on a bad team because comparatively in their careers, JV is a better scorer and rebounder

However, having Gasol gives our overall team a higher peak in the playoffs. You can already tell the ball moves way better with Gasol than it does with JV. JV needs to hold onto the ball to be effective, Gasol doesn't. Gasol is also a bigger perimeter threat than JV is which is important because you can slot Gasol into a lot more lineup combinations. I also trust Gasol a lot more than JV defensively. JV is probably the better rim protector but I prefer Gasol's defensive IQ and defensive versatility especially going up against other centers like Lopez, Horford, Embiid.

Reactions: hockeywiz542
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad