Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
I'll be surprised if Matthews plays on Thursday. If he wasn't able to give it a go in an elimination game, I don't see that rectifying itself in 48 hours.
I suspect he is out for the rest of the series. Keefe is on record saying that playing through the injury is making it worse. Not sure why you would play him until he has healed. No cups are being won this week.

• Wow
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I suspect he is out for the rest of the series. Keefe is on record saying that playing through the injury is making it worse. Not sure why you would play him until he has healed. No cups are being won this week.
Whatever happens it's clear Keefe doesn't make those decisions. If he is told AM will play, he will.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
A conversation I don't think anyone in Toronto wants to have right now involves whether or not you actually want Matthews to return for game 6.

Correct It's not a conversation anyone in Toronto wants to have because It's not a conversation.

Of course you want your best player to be back in the lineup.

The man scored 69 goals this season you want him in the lineup

Reactions: ACC1224

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Late to the discussion, apologies if im re-treading

I thought the ref got his leg awkwardly in between Marchand legs and that caused the fall

Anyway, good series to watch as a neutral

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
What’s the Leaf’s excuse from never even reaching the Finals with Sundin? Or Clarke? Or Gilmour? Or Matthews/Nylander/Marner?
gretzky on gilmour was pretty shady back in the early 90s. he shouldnt have been in the game to score the game winner. still leafs didnt win the next game.

dont really need excuses though just the way she goes

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
A conversation I don't think anyone in Toronto wants to have right now involves whether or not you actually want Matthews to return for game 6.

I mean Matthews could step on the ice and immediately fall over and he'd still be much preferable to Reaves.

Now if Matthews comes back and Reaves is seeing ice that isn't at the bottom of his Diet Coke then yeah there's an issue.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
If Marchand stopped acting like a donkey out there the ref wouldn't try to stop him and the best part is Marchand went full dive mode not realizing it was the ref. He's such a clown :laugh:
He got held a minimum of 3 different times on the play, but I don’t even care about that, could even deal with the bullcrap call putting the bruins down in that sequence, but you can’t have officials pulling a Lawerence Taylor on any player, especially star players. Not only is dangerous, but it calls into question the idiot’s impartiality.

Mar 26, 2010
This guy is probably an Edmonton fan, I can name 3 players on Edmonton off the top of my head, I can’t remember what the series score is, I’m lucky to even know they are playing the kings.

I just don’t care about the oilers

But this guy probably can name 15 maple leafs, their stats for the year, what line they play on and their salaries

He’s a leafs fan
Well, Edmonton fans follow the Leafs just as much as they follow their own team. It is a very interesting dynamic.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He got held a minimum of 3 different times on the play, but I don’t even care about that, could even deal with the bullcrap call putting the bruins down in that sequence, but you can’t have officials pulling a Lawerence Taylor on any player, especially star players. Not only is dangerous, but it calls into question the idiot’s impartiality.
Yeah Marchand was lucky to just get the one penalty there.
Linesman was probably concerned about him diving again and hurting the wrong leg.

Shak19

Oct 31, 2007
Toronto
Nice dive by Marchand; it was funny when he realized it was the referee and would not be able to draw a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad