Raptors Discussion: v76| Season of Kawhi Pt II: All Kawhi, all the time...or most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
I haven't watched the Raps since my wife and I split, which was five years ago. I haven't watched any B Ball.

First thing is this. Holy smokes, the players are so much better, faster etc... Incredible. Its amazing to wach.

Watching this Kawhi? Wow. This guy is the best player to ever put on a Rap jersey, I think the gm better take him over to Zurich and get him a offshore account. This guy hustles on defence like I drool over Nylander,marner and Matthews one day doing.

Whatever it takes to get this guy in love with the city, DO IT Raps.

This is a freaking player of players. Watch him defend. This guy is competitive.

Reactions: WildBoy

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Just an incredible specimen. Never saw any of our stars play D like this guy. And score at will on top of it?

This guy may be on the same plane as Lebron and that is a pretty sick height. Just me, know nothing about tree ball, but what I saw? Blew me away tonight.

Enjoy.

For at least a year.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Just an incredible specimen. Never saw any of our stars play D like this guy. And score at will on top of it?

This guy may be on the same plane as Lebron and that is a pretty sick height. Just me, know nothing about tree ball, but what I saw? Blew me away tonight.

Enjoy.

For at least a year.

Keep in mind, he's not even 100% yet
He has incredible skill and size but one thing you can't teach is his hustle and determination
It's so rare to see a player be the full package

He just might be at LeBron's level

I obviously would love if he stayed but if he doesn't, being in his presence for a full season is already good enough for me

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Kawhi is a monster, what a talent.

This is the best player to put on a raps jersey, I have a whole new appreciation for this mans game.

Reactions: donghabs98

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
When you look at this roster and how it plays, it looks like it was built in anticipation of having Kawhi. He may leave in the end and that's fine but is there another squad in the league where he'd fit so perfectly and have a consistently high chance at the finals every year? I dunno man

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Please someone hold me.....the excitement is too much
As a life long Raptors fan, I never thought we'd ever have a top 3 player on our team
You can tell the difference in late shot clock situations between DeRozan and Kawhi….Kawhi has so many tricks in his bag that defenders have absolutely no idea what he's going to do

To be fair, 00/01 Vince was a top-3 player in the NBA. But yeah, Kawhi is the most complete, elite, talented player the franchise has had.

I haven't watched the Raps since my wife and I split, which was five years ago. I haven't watched any B Ball.

First thing is this. Holy smokes, the players are so much better, faster etc... Incredible. Its amazing to wach.

Watching this Kawhi? Wow. This guy is the best player to ever put on a Rap jersey, I think the gm better take him over to Zurich and get him a offshore account. This guy hustles on defence like I drool over Nylander,marner and Matthews one day doing.

Whatever it takes to get this guy in love with the city, DO IT Raps.

This is a freaking player of players. Watch him defend. This guy is competitive.

Wait....was it because that was something you guys used to do together? Was it because it was her favourite sport? Or did she leave you for a basketball player? There's so many questions...

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I understand that nobody can possibly know, but I'm curious as to what people think the odds are of Kawhi staying a Raptor after this season.

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
Everyone thought Paul George was going to LA after last year, ended up resigning with OKC
You never know

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Everyone thought Paul George was going to LA after last year, ended up resigning with OKC
You never know

The way I see it is if he is set on moving to California for personal or family reasons then he is gone. If that only plays a small part in the decision then we have a better chance than anybody. It is very hard to tell how much we know about kahwi is even close to the truth. I've promised myself not to think too much about it until the summer lol

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kawhi’s best chance to win is here. No team has the depth we do, nor the seemingly perfect complimentary players for Kawhi.

But at the end of the day, nothing is stronger than personal desire. If he doesn’t want to live/play in Toronto for the next 3-5 years, we can’t force him too.

Just need to enjoy this year

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I understand that nobody can possibly know, but I'm curious as to what people think the odds are of Kawhi staying a Raptor after this season.

I'd give it a 35% chance of him re-signing with the Raptors. 25% with the Clippers, 15% with the Lakers, 10% with the Knicks (with Kyrie and Jimmy), and a 15% chance its one of the other franchises in the league (nor including the Spurs).

Reactions: Gary Nylund

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Although Derozan did a lot for this city and organization, truth be told he did the most by being a part of the deal that landed us Leonard. Derozan is playing like Derozan in SA, I'm very happy that he is succeeding there and become one of that teams go to players as he was for the Raps. But the acquisition of Leonard and also the coaching of Nurse has me thinking this season may be the most successful in Raptors history. The team seems more united, playing great team defense and sharing the ball like no other team I have seen in the past. This team will only continue to get better as the season progresses and that is down right scary for everyone in the East.

You can already see by the way the team plays that it will be a more effective team come playoffs. Really looking forward to see how this all turns out. But my gut is the team succeeds to the point where Leonard becomes the league MVP, and the Raps make the finals. If these 2 things happen, it will allow the Raps to prove to Leonard that this is his home away from home. Will definitely be an interesting season. GO RAPS GO

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Watch out for the Bucks. They are also undefeated, 4-0. Maybe they are finally playing up to potential? We'll see. They might emerge as our biggest threat.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I think Milwaukee is improved with Bud and with some of their acquisitions however it still depends on Giannis to take them to the next level

Milwaukee will be a threat once/if Giannis becomes a perimeter threat
If your best player can't shoot, your team will struggle in the playoffs

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Giannis is essentially pre-2012 LeBron. It’s frustrating because he’s my favourite non-Raptor (Greek bias), as him continually struggling from behind the arc is what’s going to ultimately cost him the ability to elevate a team to championship (or finals) contention.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
none of those picks will be good tho. not a single one unless Harden plans on turning 35 overnight.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Uhh Leo? Nobody else does the Kareem skyhook because that's quite possibly the most difficult shot type to perfect. It's not an easy shot to learn to take comfortably, and it's not an easy shot to hit consistently. It's kind of like saying why don't more guys learn to shoot like Steph Curry. If it really was that simple, everyone would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad