Raptors Discussion: v75| Season of Kawhi Part 1: Greatest expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Kawhi to DD is like, wanting to risk it all for a 1 night stand with a 10/10 or settling with a 6/10 cause he/she is loyal

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
Kawhi to DD is like, wanting to risk it all for a 1 night stand with a 10/10 or settling with a 6/10 cause he/she is loyal

I'd say it's more like going out with the dream girl, who just got out of a shitty relationship. You don't know her that well, but she's gorgeous and has a big heart. She may or may not be ready to be in a relationship, and most likely it won't last. But you take the shot knowing that you have everything that girls want, and you might even be the one for her.

The other option is a pretty girl who you've been with for a while, and she's been loyal, but has her faults. She's a great girlfriend, and you can see yourself staying in the relationship longer because there's no real turmoil, but you can't see yourself marrying her, and know that it's going to end eventually, just not as soon as the relationship with the new girl likely will.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The day to day flip flopping of opinions by the media is embarrassing
Although it's probably my fault that I'm even listening to these people

DeMar was very well liked by the media in this city. He was always available and had an amicable demeanour.

Even though the trade makes a lot of sense for the Raptors, the initial reaction from most of the media was bound to be guarded.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
DeMar was very well liked by the media in this city. He was always available and had an amicable demeanour.

Even though the trade makes a lot of sense for the Raptors, the initial reaction from most of the media was bound to be guarded.

What I mean is someone like Skip Bayless was seemingly pro Raptors on the trade yesterday and now today, he's calling Kawhi soft, etc... and loving the trade for the SAS. He's just one example.

These people are flip flopping on their opinions everyday but then again, it's my fault I'm giving them the time of day

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Speaking of contracts, the Raps can offer $50m more than any other team. But wouldn’t it be even higher because we know he only wants to go to LA. Why would LA give him a max contract knowing he’s not going anywhere else?

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Speaking of contracts, the Raps can offer $50m more than any other team. But wouldn’t it be even higher because we know he only wants to go to LA. Why would LA give him a max contract knowing he’s not going anywhere else?

Because there’s two teams in LA and they both want him.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
I posted this on my fb and twitter. its getting to the point where DD has to realize hes a 30 yr old grown man making 30m/yr. Grow up

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
The sports fan in me wants to see a TOR-SA NBA Finals...

lol, man that would be amazing.
Yes it would but probably like 0.1% chance of them making it. The sports fan in me wants to see a Kawhi vs Lebron NBA Finals. That would be an unbelievable head to head matchup.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
It's refreshing seeing an executive walk up to the media and just tell it like it is.

As Masai said, we can only run out the same core so many times and lose. If he does nothing, the media and fans want his head, he makes a trade, the media and fans want his head. When there's a top-5 player available during your window, you jump all over it. No matter if it's for one year or not.

It was a great move that will make us a much better team today, and will speed up the rebuild if he doesn't re-sign. I really don't understand why we can't enjoy having the best player in Raptors history on our team for one (hopefully more) year.

Reactions: Eb

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I hope they give Delon Wright all the possibilities in the world to be this team’s new shooting guard. He could be a 15+ point player if he has starter minutes with Lowry and Leonard.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I hope they give Delon Wright all the possibilities in the world to be this team’s new shooting guard. He could be a 15+ point player if he has starter minutes with Lowry and Leonard.

He's not a shooting guard. He's a point guard. He can have 10+ points and 5+ assists if you give him the keys to the 2nd unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad