Raptors Discussion: v75| Season of Kawhi Part 1: Greatest expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I hope they give Delon Wright all the possibilities in the world to be this team’s new shooting guard. He could be a 15+ point player if he has starter minutes with Lowry and Leonard.

Delon is more of a playmaking slasher which is better suited for the PG position. Green will probably be our starting SG even though some have him as a bench player.

Lowry
Green
Kawhi
Ibaka
Valanciunas

Hopefully Ibaka isn't garbage this year offensively and can hit a jump shot. Hope we can find a trade partner to upgrade him or get something for him and let Siakim start.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Delon is more of a playmaking slasher which is better suited for the PG position. Green will probably be our starting SG even though some have him as a bench player.

Lowry
Green
Kawhi
Ibaka
Valanciunas

Hopefully Ibaka isn't garbage this year offensively and can hit a jump shot. Hope we can find a trade partner to upgrade him or get something for him and let Siakim start.

Ibaka should be teh backup C now. He's slower and less athletic and the team is probably better off deploying more versatile guys at the 4. OG and Siakam should be getting the bulk of the PF minutes.

Reactions: Kurtz

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Of course "opposing executives" are going to to say that.

If they paint the picture of the Raptors pressing to dump salary, it takes away Masai's bargaining power if he does call someone. Because the only reasonable way they're dumping significant salary is if they can pawn Ibaka off on someone. But good luck finding a team willing to take on his $20m albatross for 2 more years without geting a significant sweetener. and like hell I'd give up one of the good young players we didn't sacrifice in the Kawhi trade just to get Ibaka off the books right now.

The team doesn't need to do anything at this point. If they find a taker for Ibaka, awesome. If not, c'est la vie. Would I love to fire Ibaka out of a cannon so they can save some coin, re-sign Bebe to be the backup 5, and maybe give Vince a nice MLE deal to finish up as a bench scorer for the team where he started? Sure. But I'm not going to be all that broken up about it if it doesn't happen.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

"Danny Ainge says he's bitter."

58285888.jpg

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
I feel for Pop. This might be the first time in history someone has cried like a baby being traded TO the San Antonio Spurs.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

Thank goodness we didn't trade for him in the middle of winter where the welcome couldn't be colder as soon as he steps out of the plane...hopefully Masai, our players and fans will show him how great Toronto is and he stays for the long haul.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
That forced smile and look of despair in his eyes.

looks like all the shitty replies to that tweet.

From all I've read about Kawhi in the last couple days, the man is as awkward as Phil Kessel in regards to the media.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Because Masai still runs the team. Webster isn’t the GM in a traditional sense.

Masai nailed the presser IMO.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
title inflation has changed the power structure in most sports. Guys who have the "President of <Sport> Operations" title are basically now what the GM used to be, and GMs are now what Assistant GMs used to be. Sometimes it's sort of suppressed if a guy holds the dual title of President and GM, but other times not. Mark Shapiro is the ultimate decision maker for the Blue Jays as president vs GM Ross Atkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad