Raptors Discussion: v75| Season of Kawhi Part 1: Greatest expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I dunno, I get the feeling Leonard is bummed out and has no interest in playing for the raptors.

I don't know. I have more faith in him re-signing now than I did when we first got him.

If this doesn't epitomize Kawhi's persona in a nutshell, nothing does.

Hopefully the Lakers go after Klay instead, but then he could go to the Clips as well; the whole thing is a mess.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Who is the greatest Raptor of all-time?

It's a 2 horse race IMO
It's either Lowry or Carter. Unless someone wants to bring someone else into the conversation.

Taking everything into consideration, Lowry is the greatest Raptor of all-time. It's close but clear.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Who is the greatest Raptor of all-time?

It's a 2 horse race IMO
It's either Lowry or Carter. Unless someone wants to bring someone else into the conversation.

Taking everything into consideration, Lowry is the greatest Raptor of all-time. It's close but clear.

Someone is likely to name DeRozan. And they'll be wrong.

I think it's Carter by impact, Lowry by performance. They're 1a and 1b however you want to sort. Then a gap to Bosh and DeRozan. Then a bigger gap followed by the more subjective tier like Calderón, McGrady, Stoudamire, Peterson, Amir, and so forth.

By WinShares Bosh is #1 by a notable margin, followed by Lowr, DeRozan, and Carter. but I feel like Bosh was too much of a "quiet" star to get the top spot

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Someone is likely to name DeRozan. And they'll be wrong.

I think it's Carter by impact, Lowry by performance. They're 1a and 1b however you want to sort. Then a gap to Bosh and DeRozan. Then a bigger gap followed by the more subjective tier like Calderón, McGrady, Stoudamire, Peterson, Amir, and so forth.

By WinShares Bosh is #1 by a notable margin, followed by Lowr, DeRozan, and Carter. but I feel like Bosh was too much of a "quiet" star to get the top spot

I think if Bosh's teams had a bit more success in the playoffs, he could've placed himself into the conversation. When you look at RS + playoff impact combined though, he falls short behind Carter and Lowry. He's ahead of DeRozan though. Bosh had a lot of great RS performances but when the steaks were high, I rarely remember him coming through. You can use a lack of supporting cast as an argument but Carter didn't have a great supporting cast either and performed better + didn't have the task of beating LeBron every Playoffs like Lowry

Between, Carter and Lowry, I think if you're looking at peak performances, Carter has the edge. When you consider longevity, overall offence and defensive impact and what happened off-court, you have to take Lowry.

Also, JV should be on those lists if not now, fairly soon. He's been our most consistent playoff performer during our franchise's greatest run.

Last edited:

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
I think if Bosh's teams had a bit more success in the playoffs, he could've placed himself into the conversation. When you look at RS + playoff impact combined though, he falls short behind Carter and Lowry. He's ahead of DeRozan though. Bosh had a lot of great RS performances but when the steaks were high, I rarely remember him coming through. You can use a lack of supporting cast as an argument but Carter didn't have a great supporting cast either and performed better + didn't have the task of beating LeBron every Playoffs like Lowry

Between, Carter and Lowry, I think if you're looking at peak performances, Carter has the edge. When you consider longevity, overall offence and defensive impact and what happened off-court, you have to take Lowry.

Also, JV should be on those lists if not now, fairly soon. He's been our most consistent playoff performer during our franchise's greatest run.
JV is my favorite player on the Raptors.

Hes a f***ing tank and gives his all for the club.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
ws48, minimum 30mpg, minimum 200gms

1.Lowry .181
(Jonas .176 - 25.5mpg)

2.Bosh .158
3.Vince .151
(Amir .138 - 25.2mpg)
(Jose .134 - 28.2mpg)

(PPat .115 - 25.2mpg)
4.Demar .113
5.Davis .101
6.Parker .100
7.Christie .093
(MoPete .091 - 29.6mpg)
8.Stoudemire .088

9.Bargnani .059
10.Rose .059

Lowry by a landslide. elite.

Vince and Bosh both very good.

Demar leads a pack of mediocrities behind them.

Sure hope Nurse gives Jonas more minutes than Casey did.

Last edited:

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Vince pretty much put the Raptors on the map. Heck I think some fans might have even thought Raptors began with Vince and forgot all about Mighty Mouse and O Miller.
I can also see Lowry being the greatest Raptors over Bosh and DD, as he is very consistent with his efforts and outputs.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
I cant quote twitter so I took a pic

qpE7Y3H.png

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I don't think that really means anything. If you're rich enough to be able to buy pretty much any home you want, why wouldn't you? Even if in a down real estate market, high end homes in a metropolitan area like Toronto are pretty likely to at least break even for him, if not earn some profit. Renting is basically just throwing money away to no return.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
yaa.. 1 yr rentals always buy houses in their 1 yr city... when MLSE would pretty much give him a place at MLSE Square.. Keep being cynical guys. dont celebrate when the team does well

Reactions: WildBoy and Kurtz

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
yaa.. 1 yr rentals always buy houses in their 1 yr city... when MLSE would pretty much give him a place at MLSE Square.. Keep being cynical guys. dont celebrate when the team does well

What? I'm not being cynical. I want him to stay and have been one of the bigger Raps boosters around here for several years.

I just said that I wouldn't read anything into him buying a home. It's the better business decision for him vs renting for a whole year. If he were to leave at seasons end, best case with a purchase us he can flip it for a profit. Worst case given that it's high-end real estate is that he sells it at the same value he paid and essentially lived here "free" for a year. Renting is just 100% pissing money away if you can afford to buy (and as a super rich basketball player about to become even richer, he can absolutely afford it).

And no way would MLSE be "giving" him a place. Find me an example of that happening.

There are going to be signs all year that might point to whether he says or leaves in the next offseason. This isn't one of them.

Don't need or appreciate the needlessly snarky attitude

seabs926

Jun 14, 2009
What? I'm not being cynical. I want him to stay and have been one of the bigger Raps boosters around here for several years.

I just said that I wouldn't read anything into him buying a home. It's the better business decision for him vs renting for a whole year. If he were to leave at seasons end, best case with a purchase us he can flip it for a profit. Worst case given that it's high-end real estate is that he sells it at the same value he paid and essentially lived here "free" for a year. Renting is just 100% pissing money away if you can afford to buy (and as a super rich basketball player about to become even richer, he can absolutely afford it).

And no way would MLSE be "giving" him a place. Find me an example of that happening.

There are going to be signs all year that might point to whether he says or leaves in the next offseason. This isn't one of them.

High end real estate doesn't mean it's easier to sell at a profit, potentially makes it harder. There's too many variables to say one way or the other. You also have to consider that the commission he'd pay when he sells would be more than one year of rent.

This is a small hint at where his head is at regarding his future.

Reactions: Kurtz

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015

youre not who i was addressing lol. I was talking to Healy who always come in like a debbie downer. I just didnt wanna get a warning for being specific in my reply so i guess it might of came off as to everyone. My bad

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
but on the topic, i was listening to a podcast cause ppl were going bananas that Bozaks property was up for sale mid season... when he'd been trying to sell it for 2 yrs. There isnt this gigantic market for multi million dollar homes. Kawhi bought a place to let it sit so he can make 500k off it post moving? WHen hes about to sign a like 180+ mil deal? Not to mention the house is bought in canadian funds, so when he moves to the US and sells and converts, he makes even less on it. Doesnt even make sense.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
youre not who i was addressing lol. I was talking to Healy who always come in like a debbie downer. I just didnt wanna get a warning for being specific in my reply so i guess it might of came off as to everyone. My bad

Not sure how I come off as a Debbie Downer

I was down on this team pre-Kawhi trade but since then, I've been nothing but positive
I bought a Kawhi jersey within a week of the trade

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I don't think that really means anything. If you're rich enough to be able to buy pretty much any home you want, why wouldn't you? Even if in a down real estate market, high end homes in a metropolitan area like Toronto are pretty likely to at least break even for him, if not earn some profit. Renting is basically just throwing money away to no return.

Renting is only throwing the money away if you're keeping your money under the mattress. I'm guessing that Kawhi's financial guy can get him around 5-10% annual returns on other investments.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

Pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad