Raptors Discussion: v75| Season of Kawhi Part 1: Greatest expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Not sure if anyone is following but the Raptors bench mob has been taking over Rico Hines. Nick Nurse has been around as well as guys like Malachi Richardson, Lorenzo Brown, Chris Boucher, Gerald Henderson (who you can see wearing a Raps T even though we haven't signed him), Kay Felder, Greg Monroe

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
According to the San Antonio Express-News, Leonard could be convinced to stay in Toronto.

"Based off of me talking to people within his circle, they’re going to go into this thing with an open mind and give this thing every last opportunity to work," Jabari Young of the Express-News told TSN. "And at the end of the day, if that’s the case, then it would be great if he stays. Obviously, I think part of his mind, yes, let’s keep real: I think he still feels like L.A. might be the destination. At the same time, he plans to go into this thing with an open mind, giving it every single shot in the world to make it work."

NBA free agent rumors: Kawhi Leonard open to re-signing with Raptors

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Not sure if anyone is following but the Raptors bench mob has been taking over Rico Hines. Nick Nurse has been around as well as guys like Malachi Richardson, Lorenzo Brown, Chris Boucher, Gerald Henderson (who you can see wearing a Raps T even though we haven't signed him), Kay Felder, Greg Monroe

Jaylen Hands looking like he came straight from the 70s.

Also Biyombo looking crazy lean.

Last edited:

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
People dont realize how great Toronto the city is, until theyre here. I expect Kawhi to resign. He can live in LA in the offseason like DD did and still love here/play here. I dont lose sleep over Matts going back to Zona

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
People dont realize how great Toronto the city is, until theyre here. I expect Kawhi to resign. He can live in LA in the offseason like DD did and still love here/play here. I dont lose sleep over Matts going back to Zona

I hope you're right.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I have to statements.

1. I think Danny Greene is being overlooked in this deal.

2. Lowry didn't want to be here when he arrived..then he and DeRo hit it off and we were winning. If Kwahi can buddy up , so to speak, not a doubt we will be treating him like royalty as well, and finally I think he will see how awesome a city we have and in that same token amazing fans. I think we have a pretty good chance at him staying

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
There's no reason for Kawhi to not stay in Toronto.

The cap room. Yup
The team. Yup
The people. Yup
The fans. Yup
The city. Yup.

Unless he wants to go play in Los Angeles like crazy, I think there is a fair chance he stays.

AustrianHockeyfan

Sep 7, 2015
Austria
Basketball...
Thanks for your very important input... A lot of people like different sports, so what?

I hope Kahwi stays! It's not only about the city I think, it has also got to do with how far the team can go this season. We have to contend to have a chance at him resigning.

One thing he would love here for sure is being the star in LA it's the King now I guess.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Thanks for your very important input... A lot of people like different sports, so what?

I hope Kahwi stays! It's not only about the city I think, it has also got to do with how far the team can go this season. We have to contend to have a chance at him resigning.

One thing he would love here for sure is being the star in LA it's the King now I guess.

- basketball is full of overpaid entitled asshole players.
- hes not staying in toronto because (see above)
- toronto has been nothing but bullied around and constantly playing catch up in an american league.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
- basketball is full of overpaid entitled ******* players.
- hes not staying in toronto because (see above)
- toronto has been nothing but bullied around and constantly playing catch up in an american league.
the only elite player that never re-signed here was McGrady.
bosh re-signed
carter re-signed
lowry re-signed
demar re-signed

the players ultimately left because we werent a a good team, save bosh, who decided to play 3rd wheel and get a free ring.
there are some huge misconceptions about toronto in the NBA, players see what the city has to offer when they play here and usually love it.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
the only elite player that never re-signed here was McGrady.
bosh re-signed
carter re-signed
lowry re-signed
demar re-signed

the players ultimately left because we werent a a good team, save bosh, who decided to play 3rd wheel and get a free ring.
there are some huge misconceptions about toronto in the NBA, players see what the city has to offer when they play here and usually love it.

Toronto and well Canada for that matter has nothing on LA or California or Florida.

They want the spot light attention big money big everything and nothing in Canada has any of that. Nothing. And that's what he wants. Plus Raptors have a stigma like Winnipeg or Edmonton in the NHL. Nothing wrong with those places but players don't see those markets as a destination.

He's likely not staying and cheering for a Canadian team in an overpriced american league is just futile.

You are at a disadvantage of it not being hockey
You are at a disadvantage of the Canadian dollar.
You are at a disadvantage of a bad stigma.
You are at a disadvantage of cold weather.
You are at a disadvantage of there only being 1 Canadian team.

At any rate...keep on keepin on I guess? God speed lil doodle.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Toronto and well Canada for that matter has nothing on LA or California or Florida.

They want the spot light attention big money big everything and nothing in Canada has any of that. Nothing. And that's what he wants. Plus Raptors have a stigma like Winnipeg or Edmonton in the NHL. Nothing wrong with those places but players don't see those markets as a destination.

He's likely not staying and cheering for a Canadian team in an overpriced american league is just futile.

to the bolded: he's already turned down money by not re-upping in SA..and the canadian dollar isnt a disadvantage, its an advantage since he will be paid in USD.
vince carter signed the largest shoe deal in the NBA when he played here, so endorsements are there if he performs.

hes a strange dude by all accounts, and even insiders have a hard time knowing what he wants. yes, the general consensus has been that he wants to be in L.A. but my point was alot of players, both current and former, think toronto is one of the best, if not the best city in the league once they spent time here and knew more about it.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
to the bolded: he's already turned down money by not re-upping in SA..and the canadian dollar isnt a disadvantage, its an advantage since he will be paid in USD.
vince carter signed the largest shoe deal in the NBA when he played here, so endorsements are there if he performs.

hes a strange dude by all accounts, and even insiders have a hard time knowing what he wants. yes, the general consensus has been that he wants to be in L.A. but my point was alot of players, both current and former, think toronto is one of the best, if not the best city in the league once they spent time here and knew more about it.

The Canadian dollar is what the raptors rely on to cover running costs from merchandise sales...geez man.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

I'd rather be in Canada 10 times out 10 than in Florida or Cali. Gimme a break, these places are so overrated. Other than the weather, Canada and Toronto is far superior.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Yet they still turn higher profits than over half the league according to Forbes.

Well scratch that off the list as a disadvantage. I anxiously await a chain of talent and championships to suddenly come to Toronto...

Oh wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad