Raptors Discussion: v55| Would you say that now is the time to panic? Yes I would, Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
How can you go from so good to that bad..... This team is so frustrating.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
With one of our first round picks, we MUST draft a PF. It's still our position of greatest weakness.

I'm gonna say if Jamal Murray falls to the Denver/NY pick we take a PF with our pick. Otherwise, we take a PF with the Denver/NY pick and go BPA with ours.

I want arvydas sabonis' kid with the raptors own pick. He's basically a clone of his dad. Yes please.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, we are missing two of our starters.

I will say, I would be okay with dealing Demar and trying to bring in a different SG.

Heck, we might be in the position to get Jamal Murray in the draft. He plays some SG correct?

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
Demarre is the engine of this team -- he ain't decent, he makes things happen.

JV is a offense machine but lacks d awareness, biyombo is the opposite but terrible. Still, playing decent these last 5 games is a blessing.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005

Is the reason there is a 905 team is to try and mask the ridiculous pick they made from Brazil. Is it working.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Is the reason there is a 905 team is to try and mask the ridiculous pick they made from Brazil. Is it working.

Not having a D-League team last year took a year away of his development. His defence is really coming along, but that offence is nowhere near NBA ready.

Delon Wright on the other hand is too good for the D-League. It's unfortunate that he's behind Lowry and CoJo on the depth chart because he deserves to be on an NBA roster.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Not having a D-League team last year took a year away of his development. His defence is really coming along, but that offence is nowhere near NBA ready.

Delon Wright on the other hand is too good for the D-League. It's unfortunate that he's behind Lowry and CoJo on the depth chart because he deserves to be on an NBA roster.

The 2nd rd pick seems to have some game if given a chance.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

With how much Casey loves the dual PG Lowry/Joseph backcourt, I'm a little surprised they don't bring up Wright. He could get those 2nd unit minutes when Casey chooses to play the main two PGs together.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
With how much Casey loves the dual PG Lowry/Joseph backcourt, I'm a little surprised they don't bring up Wright. He could get those 2nd unit minutes when Casey chooses to play the main two PGs together.

Just have him and Powell take Ross' minutes when Carroll is back.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
yet if we move him... watch him flourish.

:laugh:

Not happening. He's a total lost cause. I mean, he's shown very little progression (if any at all) and has been spoonfed opportunity after opportunity and won't take it.

Doesn't help that he has horrendous mental fortitude and is lazy as hell. He's basically Boston Gerald Green 2.0.

mikebel111*

He doesn't have the drive or mentality for that.

To be fair, some players still tend to be successful with just plain talent even if they dont have the inner motivation. However I have my doubts Ross is one of those players

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Don't wanna beat on a dead horse but could you imagine a Drummond and Valanciunas front court ...

Ross just doesn't have the mental drive. He reminds me of Carter. All the talent in the world but plays too nonchalant. He has the flashy dunks and nice hops.

(Not saying he is as good as VC, I am just saying that VC in his prime could have been just as good as Kobe if he had the drive)

mikebel111*

Don't wanna beat on a dead horse but could you imagine a Drummond and Valanciunas front court ...

Ross just doesn't have the mental drive. He reminds me of Carter. All the talent in the world but plays too nonchalant. He has the flashy dunks and nice hops.

(Not saying he is as good as VC, I am just saying that VC in his prime could have been just as good as Kobe if he had the drive)

I think its a little inaccurate to say Carter didnt have the "drive"

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London

It was to give them an affiliate that they had control over. They could control how their prospects were developed instead of a team being shared by a rediculous amount of teams having that control.

It was a no brainer to have one regardless of Caboclo or not. He needs floor time. Which he wasn't even getting in the D-League last season due to that lack of control.

It's about having the control of development. Why wouldn't you get your own affiliate?

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
It was to give them an affiliate that they had control over. They could control how their prospects were developed instead of a team being shared by a rediculous amount of teams having that control.

It was a no brainer to have one regardless of Caboclo or not. He needs floor time. Which he wasn't even getting in the D-League last season due to that lack of control.

It's about having the control of development. Why wouldn't you get your own affiliate?

Spot on, and it gives Toronto a chance to maybe find that gem player that usually don't get signed. There are a ton of benefits to having a D league team. Glad they invested into one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad