Raptors Discussion: v55| Would you say that now is the time to panic? Yes I would, Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shwaguy*

Those numbers are really not that impressive considering his usage rate, which is third among the league for SG. A .539 TS% puts him at 26th among qualified SG.

And for the record, no one is "hating". He's always been a good rebounder for his position. And I'm glad to see his passing game has improved too. In general, he's having a good season, but there are aspects of his game (or lack thereof) that are incredible frustrating.

His usage makes it more impressive that he's shooting .540 TS%.

He's not a superstar but most players' efficiency would DIVEBOMB at a higher usage. People actually wanted Danny ****ing Green over DeMar.

And yes. People are most definitely hating. He gets criticized way more than he should and nobody recognizes him doing good things for us.

Case in point. He just won Eastern Conference player of the Week. Not a ****ing peep.

People act like he makes our offence worse somehow. When there are countless times when he is the only one who can put points on the board for us.

Another thing, people need to learn that there is more to basketball statistics than TS%. Otherwise JV would be a better player than Harden, lol.

mikebel111*

Lol Ross. 28 min, 0 for 6. Zero mental fortitude, doesn't give a ****, and attacks fans on Instagram. Extending him was Masai's first legit blunder.

Please, Norm. Just develop something resembling a decent 3. You'd already be better than Ross.

That's just sad. that's like something JPA would do:shakehead

mikebel111*

His usage makes it more impressive that he's shooting .540 TS%.

He's not a superstar but most players' efficiency would DIVEBOMB at a higher usage. People actually wanted Danny ****ing Green over DeMar.

And yes. People are most definitely hating. He gets criticized way more than he should and nobody recognizes him doing good things for us.

Case in point. He just won Eastern Conference player of the Week. Not a ****ing peep.

People act like he makes our offence worse somehow. When there are countless times when he is the only one who can put points on the board for us.

Another thing, people need to learn that there is more to basketball statistics than TS%. Otherwise JV would be a better player than Harden, lol.

He is a good player, but saying he doesn't have a 3 is a legit criticism. That's not hating.
However There is no way I am giving him the contract that he will get which is somewhere in the 20 million range. If we do, well than we will be stuck with 2 bad contracts. His value is better used in a trade which I am hoping he gets traded at the deadline

Shwaguy*

He is a good player, but saying he doesn't have a 3 is a legit criticism. That's not hating.
However There is no way I am giving him the contract that he will get which is somewhere in the 20 million range. If we do, well than we will be stuck with 2 bad contracts. His value is better used in a trade which I am hoping he gets traded at the deadline

It's a legitimate criticism but people act like it means he's a trash ineffective player. People would be happier giving Danny Green or Nic Batum 20 Million and he's easily better than both those guys. Hell I would like to have Batum on this team even, I get it. But DD is just better.

His play this year is absolutely worth 20 Million. Go look at who gets 20 Million and tell me he's not worth 20 million.

It would be ridiculous to trade him at the deadline. We aren't rebuilding and without him our team would be bad.

Shwaguy*

Also people will point to the Ross contract but Masai is actually pretty great at getting his important players signed to bargain contracts (Lowry, JV)

This offseason will be an interesting one for sure. Looks like we are due for a top 6-8 pick, maybe better if we luck out and the Knicks pick wins the Lotto (Giving us Denver's pick).

As an aside, anyone think we should do something crazy and try and make a package with JV+Knicks pick to get a star/#1 Pick? (If we did that and got Simmons I would actually agree with letting DeMar walk and get Batum just due to fit).

It'll never happens but it was my 2K scenario I felt like trying.

D3ADLY

Jan 8, 2009
Twitter @AgentDeadly
Also people will point to the Ross contract but Masai is actually pretty great at getting his important players signed to bargain contracts (Lowry, JV)

This offseason will be an interesting one for sure. Looks like we are due for a top 6-8 pick, maybe better if we luck out and the Knicks pick wins the Lotto (Giving us Denver's pick).

As an aside, anyone think we should do something crazy and try and make a package with JV+Knicks pick to get a star/#1 Pick? (If we did that and got Simmons I would actually agree with letting DeMar walk and get Batum just due to fit).

It'll never happens but it was my 2K scenario I felt like trying.

WHAT? Sorry.. what? a big NO and if your a Raptors fan don't even mention that type of suggestion again.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
With one of our first round picks, we MUST draft a PF. It's still our position of greatest weakness.

I'm gonna say if Jamal Murray falls to the Denver/NY pick we take a PF with our pick. Otherwise, we take a PF with the Denver/NY pick and go BPA with ours.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Biyombo is seriously so garbage sometimes. This guy somehow misses wide open dunks and layups. He literally just missed a dunk that touched every part of the rim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad