Raptors Discussion: v46|#WeTheNorth | Guttin' out wins all the way to the top (avatars: post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Disagree. They just have to play their (team oriented) game. Lowry trying to do more than his share will only hurt the team. The way the Raps are built (very deep with a balanced offence) makes losing Derozan no such a big blow as what he provides is basically bulk scoring. Losing Lowry would be a much bigger blow IMO.

Cleveland is playing much better, should be a tough game but the bookmakers have made the Raps a 4 points favorite I believe. Basically that means that they rate the teams about even and we are favored because we're at home. Seems reasonable and it says a lot for this team that we are considered about equal to Cleveland when we're missing our top scorer. Should be an interesting game. :yo:

How do you consider losing an All-Star SG not being a big blow? This team hasn't really been tested yet since DeRozan has went down. Raps might have won the Dallas game if he played the entire game and the Lakers game was winnable. Sacramento was somewhat of a test but they were missing their superstar in Cousins.

Cleveland is starting to roll and have the best player in the NBA. Depth is good but you can't replace an all-star in a line-up easily.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
How do you consider losing an All-Star SG not being a big blow? This team hasn't really been tested yet since DeRozan has went down. Raps might have won the Dallas game if he played the entire game and the Lakers game was winnable. Sacramento was somewhat of a test but they were missing their superstar in Cousins.

Cleveland is starting to roll and have the best player in the NBA. Depth is good but you can't replace an all-star in a line-up easily.

Even if they will be .500 without him, they will still be 11 games over .500 when he comes back. That's a GREAT position to be in. I think this team can live without him, easily. I think they will have a +.500 record with him out. Also, Lowry is a better player than DD. Losing Lowry would be a much bigger blow.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Even if they will be .500 without him, they will still be 11 games over .500 when he comes back. That's a GREAT position to be in. I think this team can live without him, easily. I think they will have a +.500 record with him out. Also, Lowry is a better player than DD. Losing Lowry would be a much bigger blow.

I don't disagree with any of this. I'm just saying the Cav's won't be pushovers like the last game.

Scion

May 25, 2012
The Cavs team defense is on point right now. They are forcing the Raps into low percentage shots and turn overs. JV needs to provide more offensively in the low post or it is going to be a tough night.

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
both these teams playing like garbage now lol

must be the leafs' presence at tonights game thats stinking up the place:laugh:

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Raptors will never get any respect from the refs ever. #AmericanBias.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I hate complaining about the refs, but man, they're awful today. Happens every time we face a decent team.

Ref makes up for the T.

wisdomkid

Jul 6, 2009
Richmond Hill
"I also remember the time when there were crickets in the skydome" - Tmac. I was too young to remember the early raptor days, but I believe him. We could have been Vancouver pt2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad