GDT: V | "Hail Mary" | Oilers VS. Canucks | 10.17.14 | 7:30PM | Rexall | SNOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
I really wish we were dressing a real tough guy/goon for this game. The Canucks almost more than any other team run around when you don't have toughness in the lineup and disappear if you do.

Guys like bieksa, burroughs and Kassian will take full advantage if they are not worried about a deterrent.

They wouldn't care if we did.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Whatever you do Oilers, don't prevent golden opportunities against at the expense of what you want to do offensively. Don't play like those lame teams that are committed to playing sound defence before they go balls to the wall on offence. We wouldn't want any of that.

(sarcasm based on Scrivens' last post-game interview. If you didn't see it, definitely check it out)

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Anything that draws a comparison between the Oilers and the Dallas Cowboys makes my skin crawl. We need to kill this thread with fire...or a convincing win over the Canucks.

The Dallas Cowboys are actually a competent team that looks like a legitimate contender this season.

The Oilers... a complete ****show and the one of worst managed franchises in sports history.

You're right, the comparison is an embarrassment, even the Raiders have a more promising future than the Oilers and look more competent, let alone the Cowboys.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Dont really know what to think about this game?! Normally a team tighten their defense after big defeats. But this is the Oilers 2014 with a coach who lives in his own bubble!

Had said 3-2 so lost with fasth in goal, but with him out i project 6-2 lost!

Blue And Orange

Oilers & Seahawks
Jan 21, 2010
Toronto
The Dallas Cowboys are actually a competent team that looks like a legitimate contender this season.

The Oilers... a complete ****show and the one of worst managed franchises in sports history.

You're right, the comparison is an embarrassment, even the Raiders have a more promising future than the Oilers and look more competent, let alone the Cowboys.

I was going to say the Oilers are a good comparison to Cleveland Browns, except Cleveland looks half decent this year. The Oilers are worse! :help:

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Tonight we'll see if the players are behind Eakins or not.

If you have to ask that question then you haven't been watching

Players don't see him as an authorative or credible figure.

I get a very bad feeling about this game from Fans point of view. If it goes out of hand early, I really feel bad for him, I actually worry about his safety

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
If you have to ask that question then you haven't been watching

Players don't see him as an authorative or credible figure.

I get a very bad feeling about this game from Fans point of view. If it goes out of hand early, I really feel bad for him, I actually worry about his safety

Now that's blowing it out of proportion a little. The fans can't even get a fire Eakins chant going.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
NUGE is back

5fdfe3bd8e8612aef998b601ec8f2655.png

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
If we can play Marincin-Fayne as a top pairing even strength we should do much better this game.

imo
Marinicin - Fayne
Nikitin - Petry
Schultz - Ference

that D core doest even look that bad with the exception of Ference.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Hoping for a blowout
10-0 Vancouver
All of the fans litter the ice with jerseys ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad