GDT: V | "Hail Mary" | Oilers VS. Canucks | 10.17.14 | 7:30PM | Rexall | SNOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
Not alot of positivity in this thread.....

4-0 Oilers

(Hallx2, Yak, Marincin)

Scrivens stands on his head

Make my Friday night boys :yo:

Jun 9, 2011
I think we win tonight. Yakupov plays exceptional each 2 minutes per period and then he gets traded.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Oilers will be looking for redemption. Will be a high scoring game for sure!

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
If RNH is back and actually healthy, I actually think we might have a chance tonight...but ONLY if Scrivens can stop being so bloody bad at his job.

Weird hearing about Katz being at the morning skate. Normally you don't see him unless it's to do with the new building or he and Monster Ginger Kid are there to shake hands with the latest 1st round pick.

oiler4ever

Jul 29, 2004
Windsor
If RNH is back and actually healthy, I actually think we might have a chance tonight...but ONLY if Scrivens can stop being so bloody bad at his job.

Weird hearing about Katz being at the morning skate. Normally you don't see him unless it's to do with the new building or he and Monster Ginger Kid are there to shake hands with the latest 1st round pick.
i am pretty sure that Monster Ginger Kid is a regular poster here

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I really wish we were dressing a real tough guy/goon for this game. The Canucks almost more than any other team run around when you don't have toughness in the lineup and disappear if you do.

Guys like bieksa, burroughs and Kassian will take full advantage if they are not worried about a deterrent.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I thought the whole point of the Pinnizotto call up was for this game, and now they've sent him down again? Urgh this team!

That being said, there is absolutely no reason we should lose this game. Even if we lose in OT Eakins should be fired before midnight. Sick of this gong show. It's made me completely lose interest in hockey.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
If Nuge plays, then we win. If not, we lose. Plain and simple.

Scrivens needs to start playing un-dubnyk like, and quickly.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
We should hire Charles Dance to make motivational speeches for the team. (would link related video but am on phone in class, let's just hope people get the reference)

oiler4ever

Jul 29, 2004
Windsor
"I'm going to win that game."One of the things said by Ben Scrivens to Dallas Eakins as they talked about his start tonight vs. Vancouver.

Oct 30, 2011
we pretty much have the defensive line-up that we should have started the year with, so I guess that's a plus.

I think Scrivens will rebound at home.

I expect a win, maybe 3-1

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
We should hire Charles Dance to make motivational speeches for the team. (would link related video but am on phone in class, let's just hope people get the reference)

I can already see him grabbing one of the young guns by the back of the head:

"The future of our team will be determined in these next few months. We could establish a dynasty that could last a 10 years, or we could collapse into nothing like the Canucks did. I need you to become the man you were always meant to be; not next year, not tomorrow, now!"

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
As much as Scrivezina likes to think he can win the game, he can't score so he won't win the game.

He can save all the shots but he cant promise that because he cant guarantee he can saves shots he doesn't see.

workedforme

Oct 20, 2006
Would love to see Nuge give Hamhuis a Marchand special.

I don't care if we win or lose tonight, I just want someone to send a message to Hamhuis. Losing, especially in the manner we have been, is tough. Watching our team let our stars get pushed around is harder. These guys don't give a **** about each other it seems.At least Pinzatto made people answer for giving Hall the business.

Jun 9, 2011

I like the kid. He always comes across as a nice kid in any video he is captured in. You jelly.:sarcasm: If he can put on some muscle and improve his skating let's throw him in.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
First game of the season that I'm not able to watch, maybe it's a good thing though.

They're definitely going to win now that I'm not here. I don't even remember the last time we won when I was watching. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad