GDT: V | "Hail Mary" | Oilers VS. Canucks | 10.17.14 | 7:30PM | Rexall | SNOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Extended preseason is over. Let's do this. Hopefully. Or see some heads roll from coaching/management.

czar99

Nov 19, 2008
Shultz'z Place
Once I figure out how to bet, I'm putting all my vCash on EDM to win! Everything from the neck up is telling me the Oilers loose big, but something in my gut is telling me we take this one.

Could it be the ham-and-egger from this morning? No, my friends...it's a ham-and-destiny.

You'd be wise to listen the head up part, and get a sandwich for your gut.

This is going to be an ugly game for the Oilers. They are going to get bullied big time. Let's see if TheCaptianAndrewFerence has a clue tonight.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
As part of the long sabbatical, I will not watch this game.

But boy, I hope we lose so we see some lasting organizational change.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I really don't feel that bad about this one. Our game hasn't really changed from the last time we played these guys and we should've beat them last time.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
I firmly, firmly believe if the Vancouver wins by 4+, Eakins is gone. First game of homestand after miserable start with Katz in the building.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
I think I'd switch Yak and Perron.

Hall-Arco-Eberle
Perron-RNH-Purcell
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Yak
Hendricks-Gordon-Joensuu

I do like the new D pairings.

Prefer this line up as well. Perron and Purcell are on their familiar side and I like Draisaitl with Yak. At least Marincin is in the lineup although I was hoping for him to be paired up with Petry to help stability Petry.

Predicting an Oilers win. Think they go 4 and 3 on the home stand then 1 and 4 on the road trip to start the season at 5-10-1.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Sedins will toy with us just like the last two periods of last week, 5-2 nucks, they feed on players who chase them out of position

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
5-4 Oil. Oil fire 32, give up 23 shots but Scrivens still struggles.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Anything that draws a comparison between the Oilers and the Dallas Cowboys makes my skin crawl. We need to kill this thread with fire...or a convincing win over the Canucks.

I understand the disdain for the Cowboys, but I would gladly trade our win-loss record with theirs.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hey alright guys, we just got prison ***** by the Canucks the last game but no Gazdic in this one again and who needs Pinizzotto when we have Jesse "too slow for the PK" Joensuu on the 4th line? If we get treated like crash test dummies again then someone needs to get fired. I can't believe that these dumb ******** called Pinizzotto up just to send him down. The only guy in preseason that initiated physical play and even answered it by taking on a legit heavyweight. Why would we need a guy like that to send a message to the Canucks?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I want to see a win but the fact Katz has shown up makes me think something will go down if they lose again.

TOML

Oct 4, 2006
Walnut Grove
Been some big losses since, but they took the Canucks to a shootout on the road, and the Canucks required a mountain of pp time to come back in that game.

Edmonton easily takes this game.

If they don't I'd be shocked. If they lose big, then heads should roll.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Hey alright guys, we just got prison ***** by the Canucks the last game but no Gazdic in this one again and who needs Pinizzotto when we have Jesse "too slow for the PK" Joensuu on the 4th line? If we get treated like crash test dummies again then someone needs to get fired. I can't believe that these dumb ******** called Pinizzotto up just to send him down. The only guy in preseason that initiated physical play and even answered it by taking on a legit heavyweight. Why would we need a guy like that to send a message to the Canucks?

Management is definitely trying to figure something out. My guess is they are crunching the numbers on bonuses for Yak and Drai or something.

Is Gazdic on the IR? Doesn't that mean they have a spot for someone else? Are they saving money against a potential bonus-leading-to-cap-penalty situation by icing less players?

Also, Will Acton is awful.

TheGuyInTheChair

Sep 21, 2014
7-3 Canucks.

Scrivens plays like a bag of ****.

Sedin line scores 5 goals.

Canucks physically destroy us. No one stands up for one or another.

Hall breaks his stick on the crossbar after the game.

Eakins stares into space.

2 jerseys on the ice. Massive booing. Fire Eakins chant.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
7-3 Canucks.

And somehow the fans will be to blame. Eakins calls the jersey tosses quitters after his team quits on home ice again.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
7-3 Canucks.

touchdown canucks....but we scored a field goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad