Utica Comets enter 10 year affiliation with the New Jersey Devils

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Apparently Belleville’s broadcaster said that Carolina has interest in Binghamton on their game last night too. I just can’t tell if we’re still stuck in the denial stage of grief, since they don’t own a franchise
Not too familiar with the independent team economics of the AHL, but would the Canes be able to purchase the Checkers? I thought the whole point of them moving up a decade ago was to be the primary affiliate for the Canes. Now that it is not that way anymore, what's there to stop Dundon from buying the team and shipping them off to Bingo? (Other than previous affiliation agreements)

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Not too familiar with the independent team economics of the AHL, but would the Canes be able to purchase the Checkers? I thought the whole point of them moving up a decade ago was to be the primary affiliate for the Canes. Now that it is not that way anymore, what's there to stop Dundon from buying the team and shipping them off to Bingo? (Other than previous affiliation agreements)

If the franchise is for sale, nothing.

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
If they are really interested in Bingo, that would be Dundon's move. Buy Charlotte like Vegas bought San Antonio and ship them up north. The ECHL would welcome Charlotte back with open arms

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

I've got a sneaky suspicion that Carolina was coerced into that transaction that "assigned" them to Rosemont, IL, after the Wolves publically said no way would the Wolves and Blues realign together, and that's why the Blues ended up going with Springfield shortly before the league suspended due to the pandemic.... that archaic rule of every NHL Team must have an AHL Affiliate might work for an All Star Classic perhaps... but as we saw when the AHL required Nashville, Florida, and St. Louis to double up affiliations with the AHL Affiliates opted out....

Would I be shocked/surprised if Chicago is the franchise heading to Binghamton if what's now come to light if Ulmer's report/tweet is correct and accurate.... since Carolina's already there now.... knowing what we know now....

Kahn seems happy with Florida and Florida's affiliate history they stated they wanted an eastern affiliate when they left San Antonio in the hands of Colorado for Portland in 2015, which is the current Thunderbirds since.... Charlotte hasn't had that relationship obviously due to the pan/syndemic yet.... so I don't see that affiliation changing...

the Wolves franchise has alienated every affiliate at some point, except Atlanta... which we know became Winnipeg Vegas Doublecrossed them, the Blues doublecrossed them Vancouver wasn't ideal so what options are there because we know Seattle's committed to Palm Desert.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
If they are really interested in Bingo, that would be Dundon's move. Buy Charlotte like Vegas bought San Antonio and ship them up north. The ECHL would welcome Charlotte back with open arms
I don't believe it's Charlotte... it might be Chicago (Rosemont, IL) heading to Binghamton.... if we get multiple reports confirming what Ulmer has been reporting/tweeting.... if Belleville's corroborating that report that @ek93 posted.....

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I don't believe it's Charlotte... it might be Chicago (Rosemont, IL) heading to Binghamton.... if we get multiple reports confirming what Ulmer has been reporting/tweeting.... if Belleville's corroborating that report that @ek93 posted.....
I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know a lot about the AHL. But what I do know is that there is near zero chance that that is gonna happen. I don’t see a successful, long-standing team like the wolves leaving a strong market like rosemont to move to Bingo for 3k fans a game. Just not gonna happen.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know a lot about the AHL. But what I do know is that there is near zero chance that that is gonna happen. I don’t see a successful, long-standing team like the wolves leaving a strong market like rosemont to move to Bingo for 3k fans a game. Just not gonna happen.
THAT'S WHAT San Antonio thought..... until it happened.... this came up yesterday as well..... how exactly Did Carolina sign a PDC in Chicago... once the Blues and Wolves got into a public spat, which is why the Blues sold Vancouver the Comets (who were originally the Springfield Indians/Kings, then Worcester's Ice Cats, then Peoria's Rivermen (a city you should be familiar with, now in the SPHL); IT'S ALSO WHY the Checkers fanbase was caught off guard when the Canes ended that agreement and Florida stepped in there after vacating Springfield.

very similarly to how the Checkers landed the Albany franchise and license when Carolina took the River Rats in a trade with Lowell... that's why New Jersey insists on the Devils branding.... even back to the original Deviled U you're seeing @Tao Jones sport currently as an avatar... the Deviled L, A, AND B followed.

that's what we're trying to tell the Wolves fanbase..... if it can happen to Worcester, Portland, and most likely Binghamton.... it will happen to any franchise it it's the right deal that's what @PCSPounder was mentioning as well.

how many more chances will Binghamton get if you're struggling on your likely 4th franchise/affiliation change in almost 20 years.... going back prior to the Rangers to Hartford and Ottawa arriving there in 2002

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
I've got a sneaky suspicion that Carolina was coerced into that transaction that "assigned" them to Rosemont, IL, after the Wolves publically said no way would the Wolves and Blues realign together, and that's why the Blues ended up going with Springfield shortly before the league suspended due to the pandemic.... that archaic rule of every NHL Team must have an AHL Affiliate might work for an All Star Classic perhaps... but as we saw when the AHL required Nashville, Florida, and St. Louis to double up affiliations with the AHL Affiliates opted out....

Would I be shocked/surprised if Chicago is the franchise heading to Binghamton if what's now come to light if Ulmer's report/tweet is correct and accurate.... since Carolina's already there now.... knowing what we know now....

Kahn seems happy with Florida and Florida's affiliate history they stated they wanted an eastern affiliate when they left San Antonio in the hands of Colorado for Portland in 2015, which is the current Thunderbirds since.... Charlotte hasn't had that relationship obviously due to the pan/syndemic yet.... so I don't see that affiliation changing...

the Wolves franchise has alienated every affiliate at some point, except Atlanta... which we know became Winnipeg Vegas Doublecrossed them, the Blues doublecrossed them Vancouver wasn't ideal so what options are there because we know Seattle's committed to Palm Desert.

And who was in charge during that time in Atlanta?

Reactions: Atlantian

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
If Dundon buys the team why whould he move it without making an effort to stay in Charlotte first.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
That's a great question that people don't seem to be paying enough attention to...
WHO OWNS Charlotte and who IS THE CURRENT AFFILIATE in Charlotte, @210 FLORIDA.......... NOT CAROLINA..... otherwise wouldn't the Canes be the affiliate currently in Syracuse, not Florida sharing with Tampa Bay...

maybe we need to bring a proposal forward to repromote the Railers back to the AHL and have them land in BINGHAMTON, and the DCU Center goes permanently silent, how about that

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
That's a great question that people don't seem to be paying enough attention to...

Truth is there are those who have an agenda and anything that doesn't fit their narrative becomes cannon fodder to them. The fact that they may be wrong has never entered into their mind. People on here seem to want the Wolves gone so bad that it clouds the thinking...The fact is the "disagreement" between Carolina and Charlotte is between the owners of the 2 franchises would lead one to believe that the chance of the owner of Charlotte magically selling his franchise to the owner of Carolian is next to nil. If they were able to get past their previous issues enough for a sale why wouldn't they just partner again in Charlotte? There's nothing out there to suggest the Checkers are for sale except the rambling of a former player and "others".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad