USMNT Part X - Qatar Bound - Group B (England, Iran, Wales)

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Work is surprisingly slow at the moment and I'm trying to kill time, so trivia time:

Among USMNT players who have received a callup in the last 12 months, who are the top 5 leading goalscorers?

Among USMNT players who have received a callup in the last 12 months, who are the top 5 in caps?

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Work is surprisingly slow at the moment and I'm trying to kill time, so trivia time:

Among USMNT players who have received a callup in the last 12 months, who are the top 5 leading goalscorers?

Among USMNT players who have received a callup in the last 12 months, who are the top 5 in caps?

All time leaders or leaders in goals/caps in the last 12 months? I am going to assume its goals and cap leaders in the last 12 months. Still probably way off.

Goals
- Ferrera
- Pulisic
- Weah
- Pepi
- McKennie

Caps
- Zimmerman
- A Robinson
- Musah
- Adams
- Yedlin

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
All time leaders or leaders in goals/caps in the last 12 months? I am going to assume its goals and cap leaders in the last 12 months. Still probably way off.

Goals
- Ferrera
- Pulisic
- Weah
- Pepi
- McKennie

Caps
- Zimmerman
- A Robinson
- Musah
- Adams
- Yedlin
Sorry, I meant all time, but only looking at players who have been called up in the last 12 months (so no Altidore/Bradley)

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Sorry, I meant all time, but only looking at players who have been called up in the last 12 months (so no Altidore/Bradley)

Okay, this will probably be even further off.

Goals
- Pulisic
- Morris
- Ariola
- Zardes (not sure he has been called up that recently)

Caps
- Steffen
- Yedlin
- Ream
- Pulisic
- Ariola

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Okay, this will probably be even further off.

Goals
- Pulisic
- Morris
- Ariola
- Zardes (not sure he has been called up that recently)

Caps
- Steffen
- Yedlin
- Ream
- Pulisic
- Ariola
Goals
1. Pulisic (21)
2. Zardes (14)
3. Morris (11)
4. Arriola (10)
5. ___________ (9)

Caps
1. Yedlin (76)
2. ____________ (67)
T3. Pulisic (54)
T3. ____________ (54)
5. ______________ (50)

Arriola and Ream both have 48, although Ream will be hitting 49 today. Steffen only has 29 caps

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Goals
1. Pulisic (21)
2. Zardes (14)
3. Morris (11)
4. Arriola (10)
5. ___________ (9)

Caps
1. Yedlin (76)
2. ____________ (67)
T3. Pulisic (54)
T3. ____________ (54)
5. ______________ (50)

Arriola and Ream both have 48, although Ream will be hitting 49 today. Steffen only has 29 caps

I was way off on Caps. For goals i will go with McKennie. For Caps i will go with Long, Adams, and Roldan. But i really have no idea.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
A couple US-raised and trained youths are getting called up by England and Argentina’s youth teams, including years above in the case of Ben Cremaschi.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
If US can't catch France in play on the field, we will catch them in off field drama. Between the Reyna situation and this what mess it was in Qatar off the field.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site

Someone contacted US soccer during the World Cup with personal information regarding Berhalter that would take him down. It says blackmail but im not sure if they wanted something or were hopeful giving the info to US Soccer would force them to fire Berhalter.

Berhalter came out with a statement today saying what the thing was. He hit his then girlfriend (now wife) when he was 18.

Reactions: luiginb

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
But, the US statement refers to people outside of the organization committing inappropriate behavior towards members of the staff. So, Rosalind against staff members? I'm genuinely confused.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
But, the US statement refers to people outside of the organization committing inappropriate behavior towards members of the staff. So, Rosalind against staff members? I'm genuinely confused.

Yes, they were trying to blackmail the organization. That is inappropriate, no?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yes, they were trying to blackmail the organization. That is inappropriate, no?
To me, it has to be something different that we don't know about. What Berhalter described was someone just blackmailing him, and something that is a nothing burger that shouldn't result in him losing his job. Clearly him and his wife dealt with the issues and it's not an issue anymore. There has to be something we don't know that would put Berhalter's job in jeopardy.

If it was just that lame blackmail attempt, then why bother with all these statements. It's the US Soccer statement that has me confused. Maybe I'm just not reading it right, and that's why I'm confused. And if that's the case and this is all about that incident that 30+ years ago, then I'm just baffled by why this is a thing.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
To me, it has to be something different that we don't know about. What Berhalter described was someone just blackmailing him, and something that is a nothing burger that shouldn't result in him losing his job. Clearly him and his wife dealt with the issues and it's not an issue anymore. There has to be something we don't know that would put Berhalter's job in jeopardy.

If it was just that lame blackmail attempt, then why bother with all these statements. It's the US Soccer statement that has me confused.

Because they were trying to blackmail multiple people, not just Berhalter.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Inb4 Claudio is the blackmailer.

Pretty despicable to try to hang over him and his wife's (who's clearly forgiven and moved on from the incident) heads presumably to get him ousted, regardless what one thinks of his qualities as a coach. Had this originated from, or on behalf of, the victim that would be different.

Reactions: The Electrician

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Slightly unrelated with Berhalter out of contract they are expected to name one of the assistants whose contract hasn’t expired as interim coach to handle the January camp

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Slightly unrelated with Berhalter out of contract they are expected to name one of the assistants whose contract hasn’t expired as interim coach to handle the January camp
Clearly means Berhalter coming back if he wants the job

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Well I think this sort of explains the radio silence from USSF after the World Cup. It seems like it was more than just Berhalter this guy had compromising info on. With regards to Berhalter and him being completely transparent about his incident, it doesn't seem like it would be worthy of not bringing him back if this was an incident that happened over 30 years ago and its been long resolved. I think this was just US Soccer and Berhalter getting on top of this matter before the Press got wind of it.

Reactions: Basement Cat

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Clearly means Berhalter coming back if he wants the job

Don't think so, i think a lot of the assistants are signed longer just because they can be moved around, I think US Soccer may hold out until the summer and hope more options are available. It won't be a good look if they wait the 6 or 7 months and go back to Berhalter though, which isn't much different than how he got the job to begin with.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
nothing like being betrayed by decades long friends

Former United States men's national team captain Claudio Reyna sent multiple messages to U.S. Soccer executives during the World Cup threatening to reveal sensitive details about USMNT coach Gregg Berhalter's past, multiple sources told ESPN.

The messages began after his son, Gio Reyna, was informed he would have a limited role at the tournament.

"Now as the national team manager it turns into a different relationship, but the connection is always there. The bond is always there," Berhalter said. "Our families are very close. Very good friends and in Gio there are moments where I look at him and -- putting him on the field or something. It's so familiar. You're looking at something that is so familiar to you and that's such a great feeling. It's almost like you're putting a family member in the game. That's been really fun."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad