Using the Capgeek Armchair GM, what would your 2015-16 team look like?

bbcelite

Oct 11, 2009
Bavaria
Its getting very interesting in Phily the next two seasons. Right now we have an awful bottom six and an awful defense. In generall we are in a really bad position, stocked with Centers (giroux, Couts, Lecavalier, Laughton maybe Schenn) and ridiculous contracts. This team needs changes!!! Lets see

Forwards:
Giroux Voracex Simmer - Top guys
Schenn Couts - promising talents
Umberger Lecavalier - nearly untradable due contracts
trade the rest for picks prospects, Laughton for a winger!!
7/12

Defense:
keep Streit, Del Zotto (must be resigned) one of Schenn/großmann (depends on trading)
trade everybody else
3/6 set

Goal:
seems allright

So you have a lot of open Roster spots and hopefully cap space to work with. Add 2-3 Solid FA for 1 year contracts (16-17 will be key year voracek schenn couts) and give some open spots to the kids (Hagg Morin Cousins Leier whoever plays best at that time...)

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
EK is reporting us and Dallas are real big on tyler myers and things are getting hot. Who would you guys have involved. Obviously not all of them, but i would be okay with any of the following roster players in the mix to produce a package for him:
Vinny
Umberger
Grossman
Akeson
Rinaldo
Cola
Coburn
Amac
Read

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
EK is reporting us and Dallas are real big on tyler myers and things are getting hot. Who would you guys have involved. Obviously not all of them, but i would be okay with any of the following roster players in the mix to produce a package for him:
Vinny
Umberger
Grossman
Akeson
Rinaldo
Cola
Coburn
Amac
Read

Pretty much our scraps minus Coburn & Read.

You have to give to get, Coburn & Read are the only guys out that group with good value. However I don't think either of them would be of an interest of Buffalo given the state of their current team.

RJ8812*

Vinny
Umberger
Grossman
Akeson
Rinaldo
Cola
Coburn
Amac
Read

Are you serious? That's pretty much all of our crap.

That won't get it done

Happy

Nov 20, 2014
I see alot of posts suggesting that bellemare should be resigned, and i agree with that. But i wonder what it would take, posters here seems to think its 0.8-1million. That seems quite low to me!

What is fair value for him?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I see alot of posts suggesting that bellemare should be resigned, and i agree with that. But i wonder what it would take, posters here seems to think its 0.8-1million. That seems quite low to me!

What is fair value for him?

The question is will Bellemare want to be here past this year with his current role? He's a good player who's turning 30 soon but if we're not going to give him better role than being a fourth line player or stuck with bums like Vinny & Umberger he might look to go elsewhere with a better team.

I like him & want him back but if he wants to look elsewhere if we can't give him a bigger/better role I wouldn't blame him one bit.

Happy

Nov 20, 2014
True.
And i guess he would get more money on the ufa market this summer aswell.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Keep: Giroux,Voracek,Couturier,Simmonds,Schenn,Laughton,Read,Raffl,Bellemare, (Unforturnate Umberger will stay!)
Keep: Streit,Coburn,Del Zotto,

Lose: Lecavalier, Akeson, Rinaldo, Grossmann, Macdonald, Emery

LW C RW
Schenn Giroux Voracek
Simmonds Couturier Read
Leier Laughton Raffl
Rinaldo Bellemare Umberger

LD RD

Del Zotto Coburn
Streit Morin
Gostisbehere Schenn
Hägg

Mason
Lack

Trade For Eddie Lack as Backup for next year.

Keep Drafting. Maybe a Trade or Too I DUnnooo

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Keep: Giroux,Voracek,Couturier,Simmonds,Schenn,Laughton,Read,Raffl,Bellemare, (Unforturnate Umberger will stay!)
Keep: Streit,Coburn,Del Zotto,

Lose: Lecavalier, Akeson, Rinaldo, Grossmann, Macdonald, Emery

LW C RW
Schenn Giroux Voracek
Simmonds Couturier Read
Leier Laughton Raffl
Rinaldo Bellemare Umberger

LD RD

Del Zotto Coburn
Streit Morin
Gostisbehere Schenn
Hägg

Mason
Lack

Trade For Eddie Lack as Backup for next year.

Keep Drafting. Maybe a Trade or Too I DUnnooo

No to all the bolded. Rinaldo is serviceable and MacDonald is solid. Everybody on here is going to look real stupid if the Flyers trade MacDonald and then have to sign Jeff Petry and Keith Ballard for $5.5 million each when they need defensive help.

Crazy idea, does anybody think its possible to acquire Zdeno Chara for a short period to help mentor the kids? Without giving up anything crazy? Or signing him on like a 1 year deal after his contract is done and Boston just let's him roll to UFA. He'll be like 40 but should still be effective as a mentor and depth defenseman. It is a pretty far fetched scenario. But think about pairing Morin and Chara together for a couple years. :amazed:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No to all the bolded. Rinaldo is serviceable and MacDonald is solid. Everybody on here is going to look real stupid if the Flyers trade MacDonald and then have to sign Jeff Petry and Keith Ballard for $5.5 million each when they need defensive help.

Crazy idea, does anybody think its possible to acquire Zdeno Chara for a short period to help mentor the kids? Without giving up anything crazy? Or signing him on like a 1 year deal after his contract is done and Boston just let's him roll to UFA. He'll be like 40 but should still be effective as a mentor and depth defenseman. It is a pretty far fetched scenario. But think about pairing Morin and Chara together for a couple years. :amazed:

Why would it be stupid to replace Petry with MacDonald? Petry is good and MacDonald isn't.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I got bored.

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Brayden Schenn ($2.500m) / Claude Giroux ($8.275m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Nick Foligno ($4.000m) / Scott Laughton ($0.863m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Sean Bergenheim ($2.000m) / Sean Couturier ($1.750m) / Matt Read ($3.625m)
Taylor Leier ($0.780m) / Nick Cousins ($0.812m) / Michael Raffl ($1.100m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.850m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Shayne Gostisbehere ($0.925m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Samuel Morin ($0.894m) / Mark Streit ($5.250m)
Robert Hagg ($0.925m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Mark Alt ($0.782m) /
GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($4.100m)
Rob Zepp ($0.750m)
BUYOUTS
R.J. Umberger ($1.600m)
Daniel Briere ($0.000m)
Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m)
LTIR
Chris Pronger ($4.941m)
RETAINED SALARIES (1.45% of upper limit)
Andrew MacDonald ($1.000m—20.00%)
BONUS OVERAGE
$0
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2015-16)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,105,450; BONUSES: $1,454,600
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $9,894,550

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
In 2 years!!!

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek (Don't see this line going anywhere)
Schenn-Laughton-Simmonds (In 2 years this is almost a 1st line)
Leier-Couturier-Read (Leier could make this line exciting)
Rinaldo-Cousins-Goulbourne (Would be skill and pesty)

Morin-Streit (A beast with a a veteran offensive D)
Coburn-Gostisbehere (Speedy)
Hägg-Sanheim

Mason
Stolarz

Thoughts?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I would question this organization's ability overall if Raffl is still on the top line within the next two years. He's done ok this year but he's far from being a hard upgrade.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I would question this organization's ability overall if Raffl is still on the top line within the next two years. He's done ok this year but he's far from being a hard upgrade.

Voracek and Giroux are 1 and 4 in scoring in the entire league. That line with Raffl on it seems to be working. If the Flyers acquire another top end forward talent, he belongs on the 2nd line to help out secondary scoring there.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

My guess is, they look for a LW in the 1st round of the draft, and that player could be playing in 2 years..but if he's not..Raffl is not a bad option there.

Gone are the days of 3 dominant players on one line. There aren't any Legion of Dooms out there. Maroon often plays with Getzlaf and Perry for instance. Teams rely more on depth now than ever before so having a defensively responsible, speedy winger that can loosen up some pucks for Giroux and Voracek isn't a bad thing. Besides, Raffl has 10 goals in 32 games. That puts him on pace for around 25. Not bad for a sophomore season if he keeps that up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad