Useless Thread MDCCXLIV: Thanks For Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
anyone with years of experience with a particular peripheral should do better than someone with 3 months experience on their particular peripheral.
I did wonder the same as I was watching. I remember I tried playing a Gran Turismo with manual gears once for a laugh and the coordination just wasn't there for me to manage it.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
all you play is F1?
I think the last F1 game I had was 2002. All I really play to any great extent are Gran Turismo games, though after taking the huff at GT Sport last week I bought Assetto Corsa and it came today. A bit awkward since I was in great form in GT last night and won a race, but oh well.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Oh well I played F1 2010 but I only rented that and it was arse, so that doesn't count.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I think the last F1 game I had was 2002. All I really play to any great extent are Gran Turismo games, though after taking the huff at GT Sport last week I bought Assetto Corsa and it came today. A bit awkward since I was in great form in GT last night and won a race, but oh well.
Assetto Corsa has better physics than Gran Turismo and F1. Might be harder on a controller than a wheel.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Assetto Corsa has better physics than Gran Turismo and F1. Might be harder on a controller than a wheel.
I've never really been able to quantify when people say physics in a game are 'good' or 'realistic' - partly because I can't drive, partly because I don't pretend to drive with a wheel and pedals and partly because I just get used to it. I don't really have a problem with car control in GT games and when I played 5 and to an extent 4 I'd spent a lot of time tuning cars and setting them up, so I at least have half an idea of how to set a car up to be drivable.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I've never really been able to quantify when people say physics in a game are 'good' or 'realistic' - partly because I can't drive, partly because I don't pretend to drive with a wheel and pedals and partly because I just get used to it. I don't really have a problem with car control in GT games and when I played 5 and to an extent 4 I'd spent a lot of time tuning cars and setting them up, so I at least have half an idea of how to set a car up to be drivable.
You haven't had a problem with GT games because they aren't really considered "sim" games. same with F1 or Forza. Games like Project Cars and Assetto Corsa have better physics, IE: harder to play/get used to. Not saying it can't be done without a wheel, just not ideal.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
You haven't had a problem with GT games because they aren't really considered "sim" games. same with F1 or Forza. Games like Project Cars and Assetto Corsa have better physics, IE: harder to play/get used to. Not saying it can't be done without a wheel, just not ideal.
Is Project Cars any good? I think I saw that on sale too.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I have Project Cars 2 and its a good racing game if you don't care about a good cpu experience. it doesn't really have a good career mode if thats what ur looking for. FYI, I recommend to my buddy and he had a really hard time using a controller.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I have Project Cars 2 and its a good racing game if you don't care about a good cpu experience. it doesn't really have a good career mode if thats what ur looking for. FYI, I recommend to my buddy and he had a really hard time using a controller.
Yeah if there's a heavy online focus in terms of challenge or in lieu of a single-player mode worth mentioning it's not really much good to me.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom

The AI on Project Cars are arse holes

I don't know about Project Cars 2 but the first one had a very good concept for career mode. Working your way up from karts (undriveable on a controller), through the unlicensed equivalents of Formula 4, GP3, F2 and F1 in open wheel racing, and you could also do Sports and LMP style cars as a different career track.

It's just ruined by the AI and some of the really annoying things on it, like needing about 10 laps to get your tyres warmed up for qualifying

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad