Post-Game Talk: Us versus them (or is it us vs us?)-7:00 PM-5/9-Their House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I’m willing to give Zito the benefit of the doubt. He’s generally brought the right players in here, made some savvy moves to put this team in position to succeed.

At the end of the day, he’s not on the bench coaching these guys and he’s not the one that is on the ice playing, I’m guessing he mostly defers to the coaching staff and lets them do their thing, unless there’s something egregious and management as a whole has some suggestions.

Zito is far and away the best GM we’ve had and I don’t really place much blame on him here.
A scapegoat must be named!

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
I’m willing to give Zito the benefit of the doubt. He’s generally brought the right players in here, made some savvy moves to put this team in position to succeed.

At the end of the day, he’s not on the bench coaching these guys and he’s not the one that is on the ice playing, I’m guessing he mostly defers to the coaching staff and lets them do their thing, unless there’s something egregious and management as a whole has some suggestions.

Zito is far and away the best GM we’ve had and I don’t really place much blame on him here.
100% this. its been on the players not named bob... and the coaches..

hopefully bob continues to be aight and the coaching and fellas get it together.

Reactions: Boothinator

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

That’s all logically correct. Except for the coaching situation that was admittedly difficult. He decided to give Bruno a chance. We’ll see how good a decision that was.

I’m not in a super forgiving mood towards anyone on the team right now. What bothers me most is their lack of heart and lack of trying to do something. Weegar must not be on the top pair. Duke must not be on the top line. These are elementary things.

I’m not happy about how they’re playing. At all. I’m in the worst mood about this team that I’ve been in a long time. They aren’t trying. Failure is ok, not trying is not.

Reactions: Vilam

needforspeed

Mar 20, 2021
Simplify the game. If it doesn't work otherwise throw pucks in the deep accompanied with relentless battling. Throw pucks to the net whenever it's possible and even when it's not possible, especially in PP just shoot shoot shoot.

Hope our big guys watched BOS-CAR yesterday and how perfection line came up big when it mattered. Now is the time.

We can and we will take this

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Bruins just reunited their top first-line with Marchand, Bergeron and Pastrnak.

Is it maybe time to do the same thing? Not spread the wealth but concentrate? Put Huby, Barky plus Reinhart - not that the Huby/Barky combo has worked so well of late, but still... throw the biggest guns we have together.

Put Verhaege with Marchment and Lundell, Bennett with G and Duke - G needs speedy players with him.

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
We need to be faster, pass better and solve the Caps center ice clog.
Last game we did none of those.
Huby, Barkov, March, Reinhart, Bennet and Giroux HAVE TO play better, finish their chances.
2-2 is much better than 1-3.

Oh yeah and fix the powerplay ffs.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
We need to be faster, pass better and solve the Caps center ice clog.
Last game we did none of those.
Huby, Barkov, March, Reinhart, Bennet and Giroux HAVE TO play better, finish their chances.
2-2 is much better than 1-3.

Oh yeah and fix the powerplay ffs.
And we need efforts like this from Carl Grundström:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
"Hey Sergei, people on here aren't believing that the Panthers are going to win tonight. What do you have to say about that?'

florida-panthers-goaltender-sergei-bobrovsky-spits-water-out-of-his-picture-id1191110107

Reactions: pantherbot

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Is it me or am I watching the right games. The Panthers say they like to play physical yet it looks to me we are being thrown around like a rag doll. We are not even finishing our rushes because we are too busy worried when we are going to get hit. The physicality is the Caps ace in the hole and we are withering. So let’s just skate fast get the 50 /50s and get to the net. We are not close to matching their toughness.

And as far as getting angry if your coach needs to tell you that your hearts are not in it. Play smart not angry, we are making mistakes just fix it !!!!!!!!

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Man y'all a bunch of bitches. 2-1 series and already waving the white flag. Do you people enjoy failure and suffering? Because it seems like it...
I waving my red mad as hell flag. The team and coach are sending every possible signal to tell me THEY are waving the white flag. Not my f***ing fault.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Vegas has the Panthers favoured to win tonight, and so do all six of the Athletic writers that cover daily NHL playoff games.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
My “implied contract” as a fan of the Panthers is that if I do my part by giving my time and money, they have to do their part by playing to the best of their physical and mental ability, no matter the score. Them winning the P Trophy gets a nod from me but everyone knows that’s not what the season is about. Now is the time, if they completely fail by once again not making it out of the first round, then they’re in “breach of contract”.

I can’t control how others think about this, but I think how I do and that’s all there is to it. I’ve been a STH for 15 years or more, and my patience for another round of failure is running extremely thin. Sorry. Just the way it is.

I'll just say I get where you're coming from. My advice...take a step back. It's a game, for entertainment. If you think of it as an investment, you're only going to feel disappointment because not many teams actually win.

Just sit back and take the game for what it is. Nothing you do or say will influence what happens with this team.

Reactions: Jacob Roberts

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I waving my red mad as hell flag. The team and coach are sending every possible signal to tell me THEY are waving the white flag. Not my f***ing fault.

Because there’s no reason we should be down 2-1 with this roster. Hell, we should’ve at least won game 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad