Post-Game Talk: Us versus them (or is it us vs us?)-7:00 PM-5/9-Their House

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
"Tis better to have loved this core and be disappointed than never to have loved a core."--Lord Tennyson on the 2022 Florida Panthers

The most dominant team in hockey is at a cross-roads: can this core beat a backup goalie with a +3.00 GA and a sub 900 save percentage in the regular season?

Expected forward lines:
forward_master_v0.png

Expected d-pairings with updated team photos:
d_master_v0.png

Finally our Russian goalie paid more than 5X their Russian goalie

goalies_master_v0.png

The other team? On a philosophical level as the Devils, Islanders and Lightning have shown us, the force that determines Panthers loses is ultimately the Panthers. As of now, we expected
8-92-77
90-19-39
24-20-73
22-26-21
42-74
9-3
57-2

(Updates to come; I'm travelling tomorrow and wanted the base up)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I wish Brunette would show the coaching prowess JKidd has and the Panthers show the heart the Mavs have shown against a markedly better team

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

If I'm reading that chart right, when the road team wins game 4 to tie the series, they win this series 56.5% of the time.

And when the home team wins game 5 to go up three two in the series, they win the series 80.7% of the time.

Reactions: batting1k

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I don't think I have thick enough skin for this series. Think I'm gonna scoreboard watch the next couple games/the rest of the series.

I'll be checking in here to watch things unfold. Enjoy the ride, everyone.

Malkin like score

Feb 14, 2022
I don't think I have thick enough skin for this series. Think I'm gonna scoreboard watch the next couple games/the rest of the series.

I'll be checking in here to watch things unfold. Enjoy the ride, everyone.
Haha as a lifelong Pittsburgh citizen and pens fan , even after all our cups since 1991 , I still get nervous watching playoffs. We have a miniscule chance this year and if we go down I'll be pulling for either you guys or the Avs. Im a fan of good talented high scoring teams,such as those of ours that won cups,that can play post season defense as well .

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
I feel like I am watching Bruno being out-coatched, on game 3, I was asking out loud, Why are we not playing our game? Why are trying to become hitters instead of playing the game we know and works, it worked for 82 games, Toronto is still playing the same game, why can't we?
I think Bruno needs to go back to what it works
All of the suden, we are getting beat badly with a lot of goals from a team that barely got into the playoffs.
It is hard not to see the writing on the wall, all Washington needs to do is get one more win, that is just crazy.
This is our only chance and maybe next year in a decade to make at least to a final with this players.
It has been an underwhelming experience and dissapointing to the fans.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

If I'm reading that chart right, when the road team wins game 4 to tie the series, they win this series 56.5% of the time.

And when the home team wins game 5 to go up three two in the series, they win the series 80.7% of the time.

Also, the team that’s up 2-1 wins 70% of the time, and the team that wins game 3 to go up 2-1 wins 67.4% of the time.

Not sure which to believe in

• Haha
Reactions: Prominence Problem
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad