Post-Game Talk: Us versus them (or is it us vs us?)-7:00 PM-5/9-Their House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
Expecting a win in game 4 but disappointments in games 5 and 6. Thank f*** I bet on Washington winning this, will make losing sting a tiny bit less.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
We’ve got to be better around the net defensively and offensively. We are slow and out of position and rebound goals are killing us. Essentially we are getting one timers on offense and not protecting Bob and leaving him on a island.

Reactions: Two4Fighting

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
You guys know if we loose this round we will be the joke of the NHL and we never will be able to claim that Barkov or Huberdau are top 5 players, it is not a good look for this franchise.
I am not being Debbie Downer, but all the arrows are pointing in a different direccion right now.

Reactions: batting1k

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
You guys know if we loose this round we will be the joke of the NHL and we never will be able to claim that Barkov or Huberdau are top 5 players, it is not a good look for this franchise.
I am not being Debbie Downer, but all the arrows are pointing in a different direccion right now.
that's why I have been so mad. we just need to get on a roll.. but we don't have time to work this out. has to be now.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Is really important to anyone if our players are considered top 5 in the league?

Think McDavid wouldn't give up the best mantle for some playoff success?

We will not suddenly turn to Leaf fans will we? Celebrating every accomplishment but team success?

Lol.

Lots of posters need to get a grip.

Last edited:

Malkin like score

Feb 14, 2022
Hope they do and hope you guys show the Rangers the door. Good luck!
The Craps just need someone to not back down from them. They've always been our red headed step child.. now you guys turn to humiliate them. The Cats have all the tools and skill , just hope they punch them in the nose . That's how you beat Washington.

Reactions: wampa13jku

Malkin like score

Feb 14, 2022
I dont think anyone would think of Fla as a joke. You got a great young core . Playoff experience is everything. Your team reminds me alot of the pens in 2007 and 2008. There's a cup in thier future ... soon

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I dont think anyone would think of Fla as a joke. You got a great young core . Playoff experience is everything. Your team reminds me alot of the pens in 2007 and 2008. There's a cup in thier future ... soon
God willing I live for another 50 years.

That means the cup run happens year 51.

Sorry Panther fan.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Is really important to anyone if our players are considered top 5 in the league?

Think McDavid wouldn't give up the best mantle for some playoff success?

We will not suddenly turn to Leaf fans will we? Celebrating every accomplishment but team success?

Lol.

Lots of posters need to get a grip.
My “implied contract” as a fan of the Panthers is that if I do my part by giving my time and money, they have to do their part by playing to the best of their physical and mental ability, no matter the score. Them winning the P Trophy gets a nod from me but everyone knows that’s not what the season is about. Now is the time, if they completely fail by once again not making it out of the first round, then they’re in “breach of contract”.

I can’t control how others think about this, but I think how I do and that’s all there is to it. I’ve been a STH for 15 years or more, and my patience for another round of failure is running extremely thin. Sorry. Just the way it is.

Reactions: Vilam and PSLguy

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
My “implied contract” as a fan of the Panthers is that if I do my part by giving my time and money, they have to do their part by playing to the best of their physical and mental ability, no matter the score. Them winning the P Trophy gets a nod from me but everyone knows that’s not what the season is about. Now is the time, if they completely fail by once again not making it out of the first round, then they’re in “breach of contract”.

I can’t control how others think about this, but I think how I do and that’s all there is to it. I’ve been a STH for 15 years or more, and my patience for another round of failure is running extremely thin. Sorry. Just the way it is.
You have literally said that for 10 years, for teams much worse and for even more pathetic play than this season, I understand your telling yourself that, but come on, you ain't going anywhere.

Also this had nothing to do with my post.

Posters are preparing themselves for failure because that's all we have ever known.

Reactions: Vilam

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut

agreed. all i ask for is for them to look and play the way they did all year.. stop looking drunk. Like i said earlier... we lost last year but we played hard and good. This year we look punch drunk.. just need to wake up. going to be a very long off season if we dont win a series. just the way it is.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
You have literally said that for 10 years, for teams much worse and for even more pathetic play than this season, I understand your telling yourself that, but come on, you ain't going anywhere.

Also this had nothing to do with my post.
This is different. Prior years were prayers. Not realistic. I knew it would be about single games in the regular season, almost always. This year is different. I will judge them differently this time.

If they lose because they tried everything and games were real battles and the other team was better or luckier or both, that’s one thing. What they’re doing right now is altogether another thing. Look at Bergeron. Compare to Giroux or Barkov. That’s what I mean…across the team. Duke is an absolute zero so far, and Weegar has lost games almost on his own, and others haven’t stepped up, and nobody seems to give a shit. So why would I if they go out like this? Why would I buy even Zito’s bullshit if this is how it ends this year? Yeah, this year is different.

Malkin like score

Feb 14, 2022
God willing I live for another 50 years.

That means the cup run happens year 51.

Sorry Panther fan.
They could do it this year. Beating the caps will give them a ton of confidence . Than it's only 12 more wins. If not it will be soon. Watch next year how they do in the playoffs. You'll be shocked. I remember crosbys first playoff against Ottawa. We got smoked ...but the young guts got experience and we met the sens the next yr and kicked the crap out of them .. experience in playoff hockey is invaluable

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
This is different. Prior years were prayers. Not realistic. I knew it would be about single games in the regular season, almost always. This year is different. I will judge them differently this time.

If they lose because they tried everything and games were real battles and the other team was better or luckier or both, that’s one thing. What they’re doing right now is altogether another thing. Look at Bergeron. Compare to Giroux or Barkov. That’s what I mean…across the team. Duke is an absolute zero so far, and Weegar has lost games almost on his own, and others haven’t stepped up, and nobody seems to give a shit. So why would I if they go out like this? Why would I buy even Zito’s bullshit if this is how it ends this year? Yeah, this year is different.
You ain't going anywhere.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

I’m willing to give Zito the benefit of the doubt. He’s generally brought the right players in here, made some savvy moves to put this team in position to succeed.

At the end of the day, he’s not on the bench coaching these guys and he’s not the one that is on the ice playing, I’m guessing he mostly defers to the coaching staff and lets them do their thing, unless there’s something egregious and management as a whole has some suggestions.

Zito is far and away the best GM we’ve had and I don’t really place much blame on him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad