Post-Game Talk: Us versus them (or is it us vs us?)-7:00 PM-5/9-Their House

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Not me personally. But when you insult the "group" it's pretty clear who you're reffering to.

I just don't think you've handled it in the best manner is all.. the users posting their negative opinions usually just leave it at that and don't insult the hockey knowledge of posters with different opinions.

To me a dominating performance is how we played during the 2nd and 3rd periods of game 2 were we maintained possession throughout while getting into high danger areas.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Washington wasn't great but at least they created some offense and had some shots on net. We had trouble getting anything going imo.

Not sure, I believe it was this period that Washington had a few breakaways Bobrovsky had to bail us out on, despite the amount of time we maintained possession simply by being on the powerplay. Usually, Im more scared of a breakaway opportunity than a perimeter one timer from the powerplay, and it was especially the case here since we couldnt seem to hit the net half the time. Neither team had much going for them EV.

I agree, especially as the period went on.

Agree to disagree on the last part but definitely agree with the rest. The officiating was terrible this game, for both teams imo.. 4 straight powerplays for us is also a lucky break if we are being honest. There was a missed high stick on Hornqvist that wasn't called at the same time a high stick on our player was called, and I'm sure there's more.

Havent checked the team stats but I don't usually if I'm watching the game. Again, maybe im wrong but its just what I saw. As to whether my eyes need to be checked? Well, I was supposed to see an optometrist a while back..

Agreed but I've seen this on most GDTs of other teams. the GDTs in the Playoffs section are much better in this regard. More neutrality but less passionate in a positive or negative manner.

Agreed, even though I can admittedly be a downer myself

To be clear, I like your posts and it's refreshing to see someone more optimistic even when things go to shit during the GDTs. I suggested the ignore button because it would be unfortunate if you left because of some of us.

Edit: if I bracket posts like this do they receive multiple notifications foe that one post?

Thanks for the answer. Much appreciated.

I only got one notification don’t worry. Hehe

I won’t respond bracket by bracket, you probably know I don’t agree on everything you wrote loool

Only for the breakaway thing, you’re right and I kind of forgot those, but it’s because I only recall one where the skater was a dangerous player with scoring touch, and some of the backchecks from our player were amazing. So I didn’t feel that « scared ».

Once again, thanks for the message.

And yeah as I said, not nearly at my best lately, so I apologize for breaking my « never too high, never too low » moto and shitting on some of us.

VAMOS GATOS !!!!

Reactions: Felidae

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
IDK if it was mentioned before but with his assist on the Reinhart goal, Huberdeau becomes the franchise all-time playoff points leader... with all of 19 playoff points. Even for a "recent" expansion team, that is sad.
Hopefully things will look better at the end of these playoffs?

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
IDK if it was mentioned before but with his assist on the Reinhart goal, Huberdeau becomes the franchise all-time playoff points leader... with all of 19 playoff points. Even for a "recent" expansion team, that is sad.
Hopefully things will look better at the end of these playoffs?
Who was leading before, Dave Lowry?

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Panthers find a way to win this series and Sam Reinhart goes down as scoring like a top 3 most important goal in franchise history. Hell of a goal, swats a deflected puck out of the air, onto his stick, and then slaps it right in there in one motion. Gotta make it count.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Close but no; Ray Sheppard. Lowry was second with 17 points, now tied with Barkov at 3rd.
Here's a fun fact about Ray Shepherd I just found out:
Did you know his middle name is Garfield?

Screen-Shot-2018-03-18-at-07.46.40-512x512.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad