Tennis: US Open 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Stephens down 4-1 in the first, this should be interesting.
Sloane is good but so overrated based on her surprise US Open win last year. There is no way she is a #3 seed, probably not even a top 5. She should probably be around 7-10.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Thought Tsit and Med would go the distance honestly surprised Med is looking so strong.

Reactions: kihei

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Medvedev appears to be having no trouble with Tsitsipas at the moment, up two sets to none and even in the third at 2-all. That surprises me.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Tsitsipas, looking like a spent force, gets broken at love, but then breaks right back --Medvedev could live to regret that, 4-3 back on serve.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Tsitsipas, looking like a spent force, gets broken at love, but then breaks right back --Medvedev could live to regret that, 4-3 back on serve.

No where near Tsit this bad, sure he got heavily overrated after his flukely run at Canadian masters hes more of a mid tier player. Maybe he wakes back up he sure doesn't give up I respect that.

Uh oh Med having a mini freakout after being broke again

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
No where near Tsit this bad, sure he got heavily overrated after his flukely run at Canadian masters hes more of a mid tier player. Maybe he wakes back up he sure doesn't give up I respect that.

Uh oh Med having a mini freakout after being broke again
With this heat, nice little break after three sets. If Stefanos holds here, it could get interesting.

Reactions: Peanut

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Terrific win for Medvedev who has been sort of the ugly duckling on the Next Gen, but not anymore.

Reactions: Tuggy

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Raonic is up 2 sets to none and is a break way from breaking Simon's serve. He does that and he's up 2-1. All this vs. a relatively good opponent in Gilles Simon.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Venus-Giorgi just beginning. Giorgi ain't hard to look at.
I wouldn't know. Everytime I take a peak at this match, I'm staring at Venus. Her opponent might as well be invisible. That's US networks for you, though.

Reactions: jj cale

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Sloane pulls it out in three sets. Good, solid comeback, though there were times the heat made it seem as though the match was being played lethargically.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Fritz and Kubler a set apiece. Taylor has real skills but his service game doesn't scare even the scrubs.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Denis needs to get his head out of his ass. And just like that, he wakes up and breaks to get back on serve 3 all. The first few games he was making UEs left, right and centre.

Yes, Denis! Takes the first 6-4 with a break in the final game. Who is this announcer who calls him Shapopalov?

Second set, Denis is down a break at 3-5. He is very off and on with his play. Seppi takes the second 6-4.

Denis up 4-2 in the third. Of course I have to leave now.

Last edited:

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Murray down 2-1.

Honestly I think Stan is the better player if we are talking the Big 4, they have the same amount of majors but the French should almost be worth extra because clay is the toughest surface and most don't grow up on it.

I also think if you look at their careers, nothing was expected of Wawrinka, meanwhile Murray was supposed to be the British savior of tennis. Wawrinka was overshadowed by Federer.

Reactions: kihei

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Only two tsn channels and they are both showing serena against some 118th ranked stiff when there are far better matches going.

Real frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad