Tennis: US Open 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
My last word on this. White men say f u to officials all the time. A black woman calls one a thief, she is demonized, and it's the end of the world. Black people are held to a higher standard, because they are viewed as less than human. It's obviously racist.

I don't think that she was demonized for calling the ref a thief, she was demonized because she tried to use the racism and feminism for personal gain.

I really don't get this idea that the referee was racist for following the rules of tennis. Could you please explain it to me? Again, if you think that man or white women get away it similar things often, show me a situation where a man or a white woman abused the referee in a similar matter after getting already 2 violations. The only case I can remember was McEnroe at the Australian open, where he launched a tirade at the ref with 2 violations and he was disqualified (not a game deduction, but a disqualification)...

And people keep focusing on the end of her tirade, she abused the ref for some time until he decided that this is enough.

Correct me if I am wrong in my recap:
  • First violation: her coach admitted to coaching, there should be no discussion on this. Yes, other coaches coach and are not caught, but this is similar to speeding. How many people do speed and don't get caught? But if you do, the worst thing you can do is start abusing the policemen.
  • Second violation: she broke her racquet. Players, both man and women get often violations for that, I've seen players getting a violation for throwing the racquet without breaking it.
  • Third violation: This was not only for calling the ref a thief, it was for a long abuse in which she tried to threaten him (you'll never referee one of my matches), demanded an apology (for something her coach admitted the ref was correct), asked for an advantage because she is a woman and a mother, and called him a thief. She would had probably gotten away with some of these, but at some point this was way too much.
Which of the above is wrong?

IMO Serena is doing pretty bad damage to women rights when she keeps insisting on the fact that there was no coaching, and that she was being penalized because she is a woman when her coach admitted to it.

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I don't think that she was demonized for calling the ref a thief, she was demonized because she tried to use the racism and feminism for personal gain.

I really don't get this idea that the referee was racist for following the rules of tennis. Could you please explain it to me? Again, if you think that man or white women get away it similar things often, show me a situation where a man or a white woman abused the referee in a similar matter after getting already 2 violations. The only case I can remember was McEnroe at the Australian open, where he launched a tirade at the ref with 2 violations and he was disqualified (not a game deduction, but a disqualification)...

And people keep focusing on the end of her tirade, she abused the ref for some time until he decided that this is enough.

Correct me if I am wrong in my recap:
  • First violation: her coach admitted to coaching, there should be no discussion on this. Yes, other coaches coach and are not caught, but this is similar to speeding. How many people do speed and don't get caught? But if you do, the worst thing you can do is start abusing the policemen.
  • Second violation: she broke her racquet. Players, both man and women get often violations for that, I've seen players getting a violation for throwing the racquet without breaking it.
  • Third violation: This was not only for calling the ref a thief, it was for a long abuse in which she tried to threaten him (you'll never referee one of my matches), demanded an apology (for something her coach admitted the ref was correct), asked for an advantage because she is a woman and a mother, and called him a thief. She would had probably gotten away with some of these, but at some point this was way too much.
Which of the above is wrong?

IMO Serena is doing pretty bad damage to women rights when she keeps insisting on the fact that there was no coaching, and that she was being penalized because she is a woman when her coach admitted to it.
This.

That cartoon is 100% racist and disgusting but that has nothing to do with what went on in the match, which was not racist or sexist in any way.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
My last word on this. White men say f u to officials all the time. A black woman calls one a thief, she is demonized, and it's the end of the world. Black people are held to a higher standard, because they are viewed as less than human. It's obviously racist.

I take the complete opposite side on this - and it seems this distinction is not held by many - but I think calling a ref a "thief" and saying "f*** you" are way different.

Calling an official a thief is much worse to me.

Find me a referee in any sport, (men's or women's) that would accept the implication they were trying to throw a match for one team or another without a repercussion for the offending party.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
This thread has been closed as it has surpassed the recommended maximum of 1,000 posts.

Further comments can be made in the tennis sticky.

Also, though the comments have not been excessive it is suggested that all maintain a semblance of civility as worded within the site rules to which all members agreed.

Site rules: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/help/terms

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->