Blue Jays Discussion: Upton Jr acquired, also Storen & cash for Benoit

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Santana would be a great add. Just a reliable starter. Much more comfortable with him starting over Dickey and Hutch. He was also close to coming to the Jays before.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Stroman Sanchez Happ Estrada Santana.

Too bad Saunders JB and Encarnocion are llikely gone.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
If the Mets get Bruce and Lucroy, watch out. Wheeler is facing batters soon too, might be back in September.

I know they're the Cubs and they always choke, but I still think they're the team to beat. Joe Madden doesn't give a **** about their choking history, he'll get them to the dance.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Wow. Stuff is really going down. Report the Bruce deal is on hold due to medical issue. And, Marlins sending Rea back to San Diego. Left first start with elbow injury. Interesting.

What, really?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I know they're the Cubs and they always choke, but I still think they're the team to beat. Joe Madden doesn't give a **** about their choking history, he'll get them to the dance.

Oh I don't doubt that. Cubs are still team to beat. But the Mets would have Lucroy next year and could re-sign Bruce, if the deal goes through. Then they'd possibly have a healthy Harvey and Wheeler for 2017.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Report: names being discussed for Santana. Reid-Foley, Harris or Greene. Doesn't say all three. Assume it would be one of them.

Reid-Foley
-
Greene
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Harris

I said it a few weeks back but it would be a great move to imo sell high on harris, to someone who values him close to his draft profile.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Report: Jays still talking to Twins and Phillies.

Hellickson, the obvious target from Philly. Any under-radar-guys in Philly they might also be interested in?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Oh I don't doubt that. Cubs are still team to beat. But the Mets would have Lucroy next year and could re-sign Bruce, if the deal goes through. Then they'd possibly have a healthy Harvey and Wheeler for 2017.

Did I play OTP with you in the NHL 17 beta yesterday night? :laugh:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Stroman Sanchez Happ Estrada Santana.

Too bad Saunders JB and Encarnocion are llikely gone.

I think that Saunders will accept a qualifying offer from the Jays. I think he'll be here next season. I also think that they will re-sign one of JB and EE. I don't think it's all doom and gloom like some of you guys are suggesting.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

Can't discount Cubs losing Schwarber who they'll have back as well. Plus, an absolute unlimited pay roll to do whatever it takes it they don't win it this year and get close.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I think that Saunders will accept a qualifying offer from the Jays. I think he'll be here next season. I also think that they will re-sign one of JB and EE. I don't think it's all doom and gloom like some of you guys are suggesting.

I don't get it either.

The Jays are position for a long post season run, they're as good a team as there is in the AL and a bunch of people want to complain and whine about what might or might not happen in the off season.

It's been more than 20 years since the Jays were in this position (remember, they were not in a playoff spot a year ago). Let's enjoy it and worry about the winter when it's winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad