Blue Jays Discussion: Upton Jr acquired, also Storen & cash for Benoit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I meant that we have major offseason issues coming up this year, and while the team is good, I dont think we should sell the farm for upgrades.

I do think if sanchez is going to the pen we need to acquire a reliable starter, but we should not give up any top prospects to do so.

If that is your stance, prepare to be disappointed.

They're not getting a reliable starter without giving up something significant in return.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Lets be reasonable here guys.

Its more then likely that in the offseason all 3 of our expiring contracts walk. JB/EE/Saunders.

Do we really want to be paying extreme prices with our prospects now, and give up our future, for a run this year when we are decent but not amazing at this point?

We have one of the best starting rotations in the game at the moment, lets see how the offseason plays out and then maybe use these chips for better choices for our long term health. Maybe we need these prospects for a position player to replace one of those 3 instead.
We're 4th in the AL right now and we haven't had our full lineup together for 6 weeksish(?) And still won't for another 2 probably. We absolutely are an amazing team(41-23 since we were swpt by TB in may).

This is our year to go for it. I believe we can still contend for the playoffs after this year depending on the moves we make but this year we are legit contenders for the world series. Don't blow the farm like last year but absolutely we need to make a deal to solidify ourselves as a threat.

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
If that is your stance, prepare to be disappointed.

They're not getting a reliable starter without giving up something significant in return.

I mean a reliable 4-5 starter to fill the team. I'd be happy with Santana frankly. I dont think it would cost us any top prospects that would hurt us down the line.

I'm happy to see the team add to make a push in the playoffs, but I think it would be foolish to pay obscene prices and kill our future.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I mean a reliable 4-5 starter to fill the team. I'd be happy with Santana frankly. I dont think it would cost us any top prospects that would hurt us down the line.

I'm happy to see the team add to make a push in the playoffs, but I think it would be foolish to pay obscene prices and kill our future.

Dodgers just traded their 5th and 8th best prospects for two rentals.

Santana has two more years of control. He's going to cost something.

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
Dodgers just traded their 5th and 8th best prospects for two rentals.

Santana has two more years of control. He's going to cost something.

1) Hill IMHO is better then santana.

2) they got 2 players, thus the overpayment

3) I think the dodgers overpaid to get both of them, where they could have gotten more for each individually from other suitors.

I would imagine we would have to give up a prospects in the #5-#10 slot to get Santana, but I think that is reasonable and doesnt slaughter our depth.

I would also be happy with a swap of Hutch and Santana.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Won't be surprised if Atkins does Hutch + for Santana then something for Robertson.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Hutch for Santana with tweaks I'd an amazing deal for the Jays!! Plus with the report that he's been traded I think It will be done soon knock on wood

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If the Mets get Bruce and Lucroy, watch out. Wheeler is facing batters soon too, might be back in September.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Wow. Stuff is really going down. Report the Bruce deal is on hold due to medical issue. And, Marlins sending Rea back to San Diego. Left first start with elbow injury. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad